Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Crimsonrockett and mav1178 is internet famous

Maybe this is going to drive users to Zilvia.... Nice!

"One S14 enthusiast, mav1178, pointed bidders to the Zilvia enthusiast forum, where prominent member CrimsonRockett pointed out issues with the car. Duncan Imports acquired the car in 2019, and it?s been for sale as far back as 2020. In 2021, CrimsonRockett made a post detailing everything that was off about the car:"

https://jalopnik.com/the-reason-why-...xF2u4k4M_I0dCU
Old 04-01-2022, 04:15 PM   #2
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
along with that red zenki. Shhhhh... it probably really is worth that much now that it's famous lol
Old 04-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #3
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Lol.... i am surprised it caught so much attention.... BaT will probably get some heat for it
Old 04-01-2022, 11:06 PM   #4
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
since I was referenced, here's my pending approval comment on Jalopnik:

Quote:
since my name (mav1178) was referenced, I’ll add my two cents:

Had Duncan Imports, the seller/employee, or even Gary Duncan himself addressed the link I brought up on Zilvia and discussed about the discrepancies brought up, none of this would have happened. Instead, they tried to plead ignorance/innocence and say “we got the car like this” without disclosing the fact that there was prior repair damage.

BaT did mention paint discrepancies, but that is nowhere near the same level as damage repair.

Whatever the case is, your screenshots of the interaction with the Duncan Imports staff make it seem like we dragged the seller and the car through the mud in an uncalled for fashion, when in reality they could have cleared it all up by just stating “car is sold as-is, we got the car damaged and we don’t know what happened to it”... but nope, they keep insisting it is a nice car.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:44 AM   #5
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Buying a car on the internet is always risk, and everyone who's done it knows that. What's shitty is how BaT decided to handle the situation. I've seen some shit shows from people who've bought cars on ebay, but I've never seen that company side so much with the seller for the sake of their reputation.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #6
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Honestly, the entire thing was a mess.

I personally have had zero interactions with Duncan Imports and never knew of their existence until that Zenki came up for sale.

Had BAT disclosed the same information that was available on the Duncan Imports listing, there wouldn't have been a single problem. Cars are involved in accidents all the time and it wouldn't be the first time I've heard/seen a car being damaged during transport/delivery.

Whoever handled the repair back in the 90's actually did a fairly good job. I don't blame them for overlooking the details I caught because I feel that mostly comes with experience.

Ultimately, transparency goes a long way. If the mileage is true and verified, that is still a highly desirable car. It may not be worth the $40k or so it was originally listed for on the Duncan Imports site, but that's all personal opinion.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:07 AM   #7
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
When I saw both your usernames pop up I knew this was going to be good.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote