Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
SR "Leaking WATER(???) from front main seal?? NO START!! HELP" pt.2

Ok, so continuing the problem, i changed all new steel turbo lines to band new steel turbo lines AGAIN because when started, it looks like water/coolant is running from there. Changed the turbo coolant hose that connects to the back of block. Drove and found it it was not it. Lost a bunch of water becase it was misting and jetting out like crazy from a leaking water hose.

Next day, i went and changed out the heater hose. Started up fine and everything was good. test drove it and heard a weird sound and a little chatter from under the hood driving 3 miles back from test drive and lost a hole bunch of power. came to a stop at a light, car died, and couldnt get it started back up. pushed it all the way back home, like almost a mile away. Push started the car and i knew my turbo blew. Let the car sit for like 4 hours, took off intake pipe, and found some water droplets inside the line that connects to valve cover. Thought it got in somehow when i was adding water to radiator and fan blowing it all over the place.

I then checked radiator, low on water/coolant. Drained some, and there was no water/oil mixture. Checked the dip stick several times and looks like no mixture either. Removed spark plug, and spark plugs are wet and little bit of water inside the cylinders, from what i can see.

Now, i thought blown head gasket and blown turbo, but my brother said it could be from blown turbo. leaking or blown seals blowing water through turbo into the intake valves into cylinder. It sounds correct too, but i dont know. What do you guys think???

btw...the guy i bought it from said s14 t28, but it does not have a garrett serial number so im thinking it was a fake garrett with garrett turbo housing.
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Your brother is an idiot dont listen to anything else he says

water CANNOT leak into the charge system throught the turbo
water only runs threw a passage of the turbo to cool it, there is no seal for the water to leak into the intake system

you probably didnt bleed the air from the system causing it to overheat and blowing the head gasket.

do a compression test
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

^^^Thats what i thought too, but, i did bleed the system, everytime i added new water/coolant.

So most likely its a blown hg right? No other way for coolant into the cylinders right?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
right, compression and leak down test will give you your answer

the only way you will get a chocolate milk looking oil is if the engine was running for a while with a blown headgasket.

My KA had a blown H/G oil looked fine, till i replaced the HG and ran it for a few minutes.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

any other input?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
importdude
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
importdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to importdude
Do a compession test and leak down first

built ka-t
importdude is offline   Reply With Quote