Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #961
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
any suggestions or tricks on getting my rear hubs to pop out of the uprights
i've tried popping them with a BFH and large socket
also keep in mind i have all the control arms disconnected
so i am able to put the whole upright in a vice
Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #962
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
i don't feel like searching... is the oil pump assembly removable without removing the head?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #963
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
i don't feel like searching... is the oil pump assembly removable without removing the head?
No, you actually have to cut the whole front frame off the car from the fire wall forward and reweld it after you replace the pump. Or do like I did and drill a bunch of holes and use zipties.

PS - You'll also have to replace the muffler.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #964
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
no, and if my memory serves me correctly you have to take off the upper oil pan also. you have to remove a lot of shit. i will be replacing my front cover/oil pump assembly before doing my swap.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #965
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
rocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rocksteady_racer Send a message via Yahoo to rocksteady_racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
you dont swap the rails, you swap the padding. theres 4 bolts holding the 'back' portion onto the rail. theres about 4 bolts holding the 'bottom' portion to the rail.
Ah well that's not going to work because my padding is where the seat snapped in half (the whole top of the bracket holding the back on) and I tossed it. So new seat it is.
rocksteady_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #966
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by e double View Post
no, and if my memory serves me correctly you have to take off the upper oil pan also. You have to remove a lot of shit. I will be replacing my front cover/oil pump assembly before doing my swap.
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! !
Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #967
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
lol, yeah i guess that's one way of putting it.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #968
DxZoo

DxZoo is an unknown quantity at this point
umm dumb question but i couldn't find a straight answer and i want to make sure before i buy some stuff.

KA24DE radiator and hoses... will they fit KA24E/are they the same?
DxZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #969
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
^yesssssssssssssssss
Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #970
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

rocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to rocksteady_racer Send a message via Yahoo to rocksteady_racer
Why is my S13 hatch leaking from the bottom right corner of the trunk lid? Do I need a new glass seal or should I try and reinforce the trunk seal with some silicone? (like where that grey molding piece is on the inside at the bottom of the trunk lid (somehow all the water is pooling there and dripping down into my trunk where the gas tank/pump access cover is)

Also can I just fill in the rubber at the top of the door seals with some silicone to prevent leaking down the door?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 PM   #971
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
When using a coolant swirl tank, what do you guys use for the stock air bleeder? I've seen many engines with a hose connected to the stock bleeder, but I'm unsure what they use. It must be something that threads into it and has a hose connector on it...

Any links or information?
Old 03-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #972
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

Can I build something like this Projects Stolen Tech: Make your own rotisserie (Pics & Plans) - THE H.A.M.B. and work on the 240 frame on it? Or any rotisserie for that matter? Anybody know what the weight of the bare frame is?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #973
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
alright, i bought a zenki, wanted to transer the title name to mine, since i am the new owner .. and the DMV tells me to provide a passed smog within 90 days ..

im so passed 90 days .. im like at 180 days .. lol .. what happens to me now? do i pay a big fine?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #974
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM Sil4ty View Post
alright, i bought a zenki, wanted to transer the title name to mine, since i am the new owner .. and the DMV tells me to provide a passed smog within 90 days ..

im so passed 90 days .. im like at 180 days .. lol .. what happens to me now? do i pay a big fine?
Vehicle Registration and Title Information
Old 03-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #975
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
When using a coolant swirl tank, what do you guys use for the stock air bleeder? I've seen many engines with a hose connected to the stock bleeder, but I'm unsure what they use. It must be something that threads into it and has a hose connector on it...

Any links or information?
usually it's a barbed fitting with a threaded end that can be screwed into the bleeder port. some of kits come with the fitting and some dont. other than that i cant really help you man, sorry.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #976
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

better than nothing man. much appreciated, thanks!

i dont think the powered by max swirl tank comes with one. so for those that are running it, what are you using?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #977
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So I've done quite a few 6bolt diff swaps in my time. [Always open it VLSD]

I dropped the 5bolt diff from my parts car and something was different...

Grease. Everywhere.

Pics of 6bolt [They've all been clean like this before]

Pics of my 5 bolt Im installing.

What the fuccccccck?
Are the axles toast? That metal cover thing that kept popping off not supposed to come off and the reason it's all greasy is cause its seeping thru?

Nothing is every free is it?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #978
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

related question to my previous one

thanks to E Double I found this:
316 Stainless Steel Straight Barbed To Male NPT Threaded Adapters Search Results 316 stainless steel straight barbed to male NPT threaded adapters - Cole-Parmer Catalog

so, does anybody here have any clue what size fitting i need?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 AM   #979
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sooo,

I'm having rubbing issues with 18's in the front. It's rubbing on the REAR of the fender well (Towards the driver) .

Stock tension rods, I'm going to install my SPL ones next week. Will this get rid of my issue?
Old 04-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #980
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
What the fuccccccck?
Are the axles toast? That metal cover thing that kept popping off not supposed to come off and the reason it's all greasy is cause its seeping thru?

Nothing is every free is it?
where the fuck is the cap for the axle? on the 6 bolt axle it has that cap at the end with the cone right....wellllllll....the 5 bolt axle should have a similar cap but it's flat without the cone shape at all. did someone just bolt that shit up without the cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Sooo,

I'm having rubbing issues with 18's in the front. It's rubbing on the REAR of the fender well (Towards the driver) .

Stock tension rods, I'm going to install my SPL ones next week. Will this get rid of my issue?
im not sure why it's rubbing in the first place, but after you install the tension rods you are probably gonna have to adjust your caster to get rid of the issue. is anything bent that you would messing up your caster in the first place?

Last edited by Mister.E; 04-01-2010 at 07:16 AM..
Old 04-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #981
My$800S14
Zilvia Junkie

My$800S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 Car Stalls

my car stalls, when warm, but lately since i havnt been driving it, i have been having a hard time even getting it to start some times, and then it will stall within 1 or 2 minutes, i cant drive it right now so i need to get it fixed

oh and i almost forgot, does anyone have the part numbers for the manual transmission bell housing bolts?
My$800S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #982
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
where can i get a RB20DET crank gear? i need one asap
from this one website i checked it takes a month or two to get it from japan.
i dont care if its used as long as its in good condition

help pls ppl from japan can you hook me up? or someone thats got connections in japan.

Last edited by killer240; 04-01-2010 at 06:57 PM..
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #983
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Teeing off FPR vs teeing off BOV for boost gauges

Which is a better choice to tee off of???
Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #984
Mister.E
Post Whore!

i usually go off the FPR. but that is the only tee i put in that line. you could always get one of those vacuum block things....that probably makes no sense, but i forget what they are called.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #985
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
Teeing off FPR vs teeing off BOV for boost gauges

Which is a better choice to tee off of???
fpr

/end
Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #986
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Does the metal plate that covers the front just pop on and stay? It just fell off and shit.

Should I pop it on, replace boot and call it good or get another set of used 5 bolt axles?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #987
Mister.E
Post Whore!

i am not sure to tell you the truth. the one experience that i had when one popped off, we were less than successful. we tried to get that shit to snap back in and we couldnt. if you cant get it to work properly i'd just source another axle.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #988
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

For sure. Double gets hella mad rep cool points in my book.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #989
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
That metal cap that covers the axle end should always be there. It keep the grease that lubricates it from getting every were. The cap also keeps water/moisture out and dirt and other shit so that grease doesnt break down and stop lubricating.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #990
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What are my options other than a welded diff?

J30?
Z32?
S14?

Something that'll pop in easy peasy.

s13.
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote