Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #31
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Hey guys... what about a Group Buy on these!

Nissan Sumitomo R32 Calipers
Retail is $350/caliper -- GB would be $300/ caliper (aluminum)
Shipping would be about $25 in the US-48

These are way better than the 300zx upgrade... more surface area coverage, better cooling capacity, larger pistons, 6.5lbs each, fits 295mm x 32mm Rotor,

I can make a Full Brake Kit out of these for about $1200-1300
(2 calipers, 2 Endless Six Rotors, Front Endless Vita Pads, 4 Endless Brake Lines)

Let me know what you think...
Old 03-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #32
Steeles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
heh I already got my brakes I need new coilovers!!! lol and injectors and a boost controller and wheels
Old 03-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #33
STIwish
Leaky Injector

STIwish is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking of Mardi Gras... ever had a Hand Grenade (patented drink, although i can make something similar)? sooooooooo good, you dont even see the hammer coming straight at your head before you pass out or end up with alcohol poisoning
STIwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #34
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
yep had those the first time I was down there in 01... pretty lethal... but then Id been up for about 30 hours drinking beer... nothing hits like a christy reed though... NOTHING Ive made 300lbs men sweat from one shot of those. by his third (with some beers in there as well) we damn near had to carry him out of the bar. he still hates me for that and wonders why I wont ride the bull at the bar he works out.. running the bull...
Old 03-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #35
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
I'd probably be good for the brake group buy, in like 3 months, and the coilovers.

NW Louisiana mardi gras is crap.
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #36
mk20116
Zilvia Junkie

mk20116 is an unknown quantity at this point
wish the site was a bit faster.....good stuff though...

brake kit???...i'd be in on it..
mk20116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:38 AM   #37
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk20116
wish the site was a bit faster.....good stuff though...

brake kit???...i'd be in on it..
Brake Kit Posted!!
Old 03-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #38
Steeles
Post Whore!

what about the coilovers man!?!?!?!
Old 03-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #39
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeles
what about the coilovers man!?!?!?!
Silk Road is comming to the US and has set a few rules for dealers.
1. No Group Buys on Silk Road products.

So, I will be going to Japan, hopefully soon, and see what I can work after that...
Old 03-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #40
Steeles
Post Whore!

grrr bastards i've seen a couple shops that advertise the RMA8s in the 1300 range..... someone needs to finance lol

thanks for looking into it drew!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:00 AM   #41
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeles
grrr bastards i've seen a couple shops that advertise the RMA8s in the 1300 range..... someone needs to finance lol

thanks for looking into it drew!
$1300 is about right for the Silk Road Dampers... good price and better than Tein.

So what up guys... who do you want to see as a US Based Company???
(ex: URAS, Border, Kazama, etc...???)

I am in negotiations with a few at this time... hopefully very very soon!
Old 04-07-2004, 04:49 PM   #42
Matt_240
Internet Drifter

Matt_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist
$1300 is about right for the Silk Road Dampers... good price and better than Tein.

i think kazama, uras.. this suspension company called Biot got good reviews from taniguchi. but the money maker would definitely be wheels. if i was an importing company, id deal with a place that has cheap, decent quality, nice looking, wide range of offset and size wheels. kinda like M2 that sold the dt-05r. also, perhaps an alternative to bride seats like M2, Jamex, Chargespeed, or others(though i dont know the quality...but im sure they have better rails than the american companies).
Matt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:44 PM   #43
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

IKEYA FORMULA
that would be a dream to have IF have a solid US support/based company

Kazama would be nice to
the whole line of Abroad Limited, i.e. Final Konnexion, M-Sports, D-Style, etc..
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #44
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
I want KAZAMA in the USA.. I want those coil overs I saw in my ish of Hyper REV, har har har

I was gonna say ARC but then I remember that Mackin got 'em...
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:16 AM   #45
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Some of you may have seen this posted on FA... I just wanted to post it on here as well!!

Well, First off... I would like to thank those who speak highly of Rare Trick!

Next, I will glady tell everyone that our shop is based on Importing Rare and Hard to find items from Japan... Most true enthusiast whom love to order from us are usually acustomed to waiting several months for delivery. Why?
ONE- we are not a Hugh Corparation filling multiple containers a month... our company is growing and our customer base is growing even faster.
TWO- some of the products we are able to get are from companies that are well known in Japan and in the US, but they sell very few items to the US, and are not acustomed to large demands.
THREE- We have a set timeframe we work with on Placing Orders to Japan... When the Order is placed we then collect payment from Customers, and then Transfer Funds to Japan! At This Point, products begin the collection process! After all Products are collected (may take several months) Sea Freight is arranged! Then its the normal waiting on Customs random flip of the coin (Clear/ Not Clear).

There is several issues that can arrise when Ordering from Japan. Just to name a few... Made-to-Order, Back-Order, Domestic Shipping, Packing Materials (yes, this is a major), Sea Freight Export Dates, Customs Clearance, etc...
After 2 years of Importing just for Rare Trick... everything has happened!... If your wondering about the Packing Material issue... yeah, Customs is picky about what type of Wood is imported and how it has been treated... this is the most recent problem we have encountered and its costing us about $40-50 a day!!!

Now, on the other hand, if you want a Product that has a US Importer already (HKS, Do-Luck, etc...) We deal strictly with the US Importer... so if you think I have stock on every single item listed on Rare Trick... go back to School, take a Business class and you will learn first thing... Overhead is the death of all businesses in the first year!! Sam @ Jspec has been around for a long time and has big local support in Cali. We are Not Based in Cali.. We are based just outside of New Orleans, LA and our customers are National... We descided to base in NOLA because everyone thinks that all the good JDM companies HAVE to be in Cali.

Some History on our Customers...
SilviaGuy has the first INGS D-Spec S14MC in the US!!
Silvia Driver has the First URAS Type 3 S15 Frong Bumper, and First URAS Type 1 S14 Sides and Rear.
There is only One of the following in the US...
Apexi R-95 Exhaust, Hippo Sleek S13, Evolution Type II bB kit, about 20 URAS RS Exhaust, and One URAS R32... all from Rare Trick... how do I know its the only ones in the US... I been in this business for about 10 years!!

Those who complain about Customer Service and Waiting Time... expect to much!! You want the best, rarest parts... you will wait!!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #46
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
I have ordered from you before and all I can say is that its worth the wait
TokyoNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:58 PM   #47
No Motiv
Zilvia FREAK!

No Motiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to No Motiv
^^^^WHY did you just post on this thread.....its like fucking 8 months old!!!.....hahahah

My name is Shake-Zula, the mic rulah, the old schoolah, you wanna trip, I'll break it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top rock you like a cop, Meatwad you're up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money see, Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, livin like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Cause we are the Aqua Teens, make the homeys say ho and the girlies wanna scream.
No Motiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #48
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
^look at the date he posted same day as me..45mins earlier
TokyoNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:09 PM   #49
yacho7

yacho7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I order a blitz horn button from them. Got it in the same week. Would recommend Raretrick to anyone wanting to find parts for thier 240.
yacho7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:41 PM   #50
Matt_240
Internet Drifter

Matt_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Some History on our Customers...
SilviaGuy has the first INGS D-Spec S14MC in the US!!
Silvia Driver has the First URAS Type 3 S15 Frong Bumper, and First URAS Type 1 S14 Sides and Rear.
There is only One of the following in the US...
Apexi R-95 Exhaust, Hippo Sleek S13, Evolution Type II bB kit, about 20 URAS RS Exhaust, and One URAS R32... all from Rare Trick... how do I know its the only ones in the US... I been in this business for about 10 years!!

Those who complain about Customer Service and Waiting Time... expect to much!! You want the best, rarest parts... you will wait!!

dammit!! so im not the only one with uras type II bumper and hippo sleek sides and rear?? lol!

yeah, raretrick is the shit.
Matt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #51
jonnnny23
Leaky Injector

jonnnny23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jonnnny23 Send a message via Yahoo to jonnnny23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_240
but the money maker would definitely be wheels. if i was an importing company, id deal with a place that has cheap, decent quality, nice looking, wide range of offset and size wheels. kinda like M2 that sold the dt-05r. also, perhaps an alternative to bride seats.
yeah I also would be interested in wide wheels in the right offset, and seats

Jon
jonnnny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:28 AM   #52
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Motiv
^^^^WHY did you just post on this thread.....its like fucking 8 months old!!!.....hahahah
Probably because its titled "Rare Trick.com" that alone gathers attention and those interested will read about us.... and I hijcked the thread, but its all good!!

By the way we have alot of new stuff being done to our site!! Log-in with order status tracking, shipping calculator, Past order history, Wish list, and New Design "woohoo"!! Also going to add the logos of some industries we deal with... like SEMA, and SCCA!! We will also be removing some manufacturers

For all you NISMO junkies... Check this out!!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:48 AM   #53
Steeles
Post Whore!

oooh new hotness! like the new oil and gas caps those look sweet!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:54 AM   #54
Soulja

Soulja is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Drew, now if you could only get the site to load faster! Like everyone has said, Drew is a great guy, and can get you just about anything you've ever wanted. It just takes time, sometimes alot of time, but you can't blame Drew for stuff being stuck in customs for weeks.
Soulja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:54 PM   #55
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Hey guys... whats up?

I like this Personal Thread (Thanks MadWilly)!!

If anyone has any questions or comments.... Please Post it Here from now on... I would like say in anything being said about my company (Good or Bad).

To clear up somethings off the start....
*We are Importers. We dont carry alot of stock (little as possable)... if the company is in the US (Ex: HKS, Apex, etc..) then we use a US Dealer to supply the parts as DropShip to the customer!! We dont go over the US dealers head by Importing thier product, unless its not carried in the US (Ex: HKS Hypermax D, Apex R-95).
*Currently we have placed more focus on expanding and possably moving... in the next few months you will see and hear of several changes.
*Yes, we are maily for HardCore True Inthusiast who want nothing but the best, and dont care how long it takes to get, or how much it cost.... This narrows down our Customers, but builds a better reputation.
*We do not sell Used parts because, if anything goes wrong, our reputation goes with it!
*OE Japan parts are not easy to get and cost ALOT for what it is (Stock)... also our discount is minimal if anything at all, so its not always worth listing.

This should be a good Start... so... "Tag" your it
Peace
Drew
a.k.a. MadScientist
hey whats up man, i was intrested in ordering hte JUN lightweight flywheel for the ca18det, i think yours sold for 350.00 or so? if ordered! how long do you expect it to be shipped out and to my front door? just a question i knoe mostr of these things are special order only, but i thought id ask!

brandon
Old 05-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #56
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Brandon - it depends on when you order. I place all orders to Japan arount the 1st of every month. Usually get the shipment by the end of the month depending on side. CA parts are deffinatly Special Order!

Hey guys... just wanted to express another view. Internet Education... yup, most tuners have it and look towards the Internet for solutions. However, it also leads to alot of common misconceptions... not to call anyone out, but I had a guy call the other day about Engine Mounts. He as concerned that replacing with an aftermarket Mount is going to raise the engine and his STB would not fit!! I have seen Post about this and heard this as a concern for some... This is where a Degree in common sence works best! The guy stated that someone did the swap and it raised the engine about .25 - .50!! Its very unlikly that a high quality aftermarker part would raise the engine... hence this would change the dynamics of balance! The easiest way to get to the point with this... Old worn-out Bushing vs. New Stiffer Bushing!

I get alot of simple questions that take nothing but common sence to answer... I understand the Internet has a vasy load of information... but you still need to use your noodle... don't believe everything you read on the Net and if you want a true hardcore answer... Their is #s to Manufactures who produce the parts.
If you have a problem with your Dell Computer, most people call Dell for answers!!