Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

View Poll Results: Zilvia Meet
Definitely Interested 66 62.86%
Somewhat Interested 22 20.95%
Not Interested 17 16.19%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2003, 04:48 PM   #61
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Trader Rating: (0)
West has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to West
Alex,

I think your right, we just sat down and talked about the fact that the Convention is around the same time. Im thinking we just get involved with the National Meet and possibly help sponsor it.

Do you know who I would contact? Thanks!
Old 01-09-2003, 04:55 PM   #62
DSC
New Title

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
news that cuts 12hrs off my trip

If only they could have the offical one in the middle, tho I guess alternating coasts is cool too.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:10 PM   #63
wazneeni

wazneeni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wazneeni
Did someone say "MAM?"

I talked to Irena last night on the phone and she said she'd beat me up if I didn't come back to Zilvia to discuss this possible meet at MAM.

I read the original message in this thread, then skimmed over the rest. So, if I say something that's already been said, I apologize. Anyway...

I live in Omaha and am a member at MAM. Technically, yes...the track is in Pacific Junction, but just consider it being in the Omaha area. I've driven hundreds of miles on this track. It's the safest road course you'll ever have the joy of driving. I've seen cars fly off at over 100MPH and not hit a thing. Drawback to that is the track isn't as "tough" as others, especially with no elevation changes. However, that is by design, and none of us members have ever complained.

You also need to know that the kart track and lake won't be completed for quite a while, so don't plan on using them. The drag strip will hopefully be done later this year, but I'm not sure of an exact completion date.

I'm not sure what else to say. Aaron (the GM) is a good guy and usually does everything he can to accomidate people. However, I would NOT expect a drift session to be allowed. Only reason I bring it up is because it usually comes up eventually ("Goddamn streetracers!!").

If you have any questions, I may be able to answer them.

Go to my website (see signature). You can see pics of my car on the track.
wazneeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 06:16 PM   #64
ghosts14
Zilvia Member

ghosts14 is an unknown quantity at this point
MAM

I'm in omaha also, I can get a list of hotels and things if you all need places to stay.

Let me know

-'96 240sx se
-Injen Intake
-OBX SS
-HotShot Headers; Ran. Tech Cat; 5Zigen Border3
-KYB AGX's; H&R Springs
-Whiteline front and rear swaybars
ghosts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 06:02 AM   #65
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
Quote:
Originally posted by WeST
Alex,

I think your right, we just sat down and talked about the fact that the Convention is around the same time. Im thinking we just get involved with the National Meet and possibly help sponsor it.

Do you know who I would contact? Thanks!
I'm thinkin this is a Good idea.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:07 AM   #66
christopher
Zilvia Member

christopher is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

Where is it supposed to be now?? I will probably still make it. Just as long as it ain't in Mexico or something.

89 coupe
Red top SR
Blown Stereo....
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:04 PM   #67
ghosts14
Zilvia Member

ghosts14 is an unknown quantity at this point
meets

I still think that we need to have some kind of meet here in the midwest, as all the other meets are usually on the east or west coast and I will not drive 2 days to get to. Just my 2 cents.

-'96 240sx se
-Injen Intake
-OBX SS
-HotShot Headers; Ran. Tech Cat; 5Zigen Border3
-KYB AGX's; H&R Springs
-Whiteline front and rear swaybars
ghosts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:13 PM   #68
wazneeni

Quote:
Originally posted by christopher
Where is it supposed to be now?? I will probably still make it. Just as long as it ain't in Mexico or something.
Where is WHAT supposed to be now? And apposed to where "it" was when? If you're talking about the meet being discussed in this thread, the planned location has not changed. MAM. Also, Omaha (Pacific Junction) is not in Mexico, so I think you're okay there.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:34 AM   #69
oberkill
Zilvia Junkie

oberkill is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know if you have contacted MAM yet but I tried to do this last year and basically they had all the dates full by Febuary. So if you want to do it I would call first and find out what dates are available then decide from that. Also a date away from the National meet would probably be a good idea! LOL

On another note if you guys do get this together www.project240.com will help sponser. Mark drop me a e-mail at [email protected] when you get an idea of what is going on and let me know what you need!!

If this is done away from the Atlanta meet I will come but cant do 2 trips too close together as the "day job" would get a little pissed.... LOL

Alan
Old 01-11-2003, 12:52 AM   #70
wazneeni

You've got a valid point when it comes to money. And that camping thing actually sounds kinda fun...aside from the lack of running water. However, how many 1000's of dollars have we all put into our cars? I'm up to about $5000. And we do it for the sole purpose of beating the hell out of our cars whenever we can, even if it involves driving 1000's of miles across the country. Well, at least some of us do. Anyway, this is why I love living next to MAM. And yes, my 240 is my only mode of transportation.

Also, like I said before...don't think of MAM as being in Iowa. Think Omaha...a metro of 1 million + people. There are not cows outside my window.

And Alan, I think Irena DID call them. I think she said there were only 2 weekends left, one of them being just 2 weekends after the convention. We both agreed with what you just said...that a track meet that soon after Atlanta is NOT the best idea in the world. If I didn't live next door to MAM, I wouldn't go on those dates.

Last edited by wazneeni; 01-11-2003 at 12:58 AM..
Old 01-11-2003, 01:03 AM   #71
oberkill
Zilvia Junkie

oberkill is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah they fill up fast. Was the other weekend feasable? If not we could try to have the meet elsewhere. I would be willing to help if it was in the St. Louis area. Basically if there is a meet in the Midwest I will help as best I can! LOL Mark you have my e-mail up above so if you need something or some help just drop me a e-mail.

Alan
Old 01-11-2003, 01:08 AM   #72
wazneeni

I don't remember what the other date she told me was. I wanna say sometime in September, but I'm not sure at all. Irena?
Old 01-11-2003, 01:13 AM   #73
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
if we did this jointly with another club, i can't see the actual track time costing more than $150/day.

James - But I don't think I'd want to drive across a state to get only a couple hours of laps- if that, and risk being stranded- totalling my car. Maybe I'll just trailer the B_itch then no worries

it's like 3 hours away, that's close. i typically drive 5 hours to get to the track. this is an extremely safe track as well, there really isn't anything to run into. and if you break down, you're not exactly stranded either, there will be dozens of other track people there that are always willing to help.

who wants to drive to Iowa for it?

it's in omaha basically, a big/nice city. besides, as close as you are, you could turn around and drive right home and not have to spend any time in a hotel. that's probably what i'll do.

you might want to consider doing something simpler around southern Illinois all the way to ohio

there isn't anything in southern illinois afaik. why do you pick this location anyway? because it's RIGHT NEXT TO YOU perhaps? Blackhawk Farms is in nothern illinois, but is booked for the year. mid-ohio is in ohio obviously, but monkeys will fly outa my butt before we get on that track. iowa can potentially draw people from MN, NB, IA, KS, MO, IL, WI, and some other states that typically get ignored by most everything automotive.

. I guess the most neglected are the midwestern'ers----but Iowa?!?

you don't exactly get to pick whatever state you please. there has to be a track there that's AVAILABLE you know. the only other place i know of we could possibly pull this off is in MN, now how many people wanna drive there?
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:43 AM   #74
tnord
Nissanaholic!

bring it.

why do you think i'm picking on you anyway?

--anything to get people to show up.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:21 AM   #75
negular
Dr. Neg

negular is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to negular Send a message via Yahoo to negular
damn, thats what I call reverse psychology.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:48 AM   #76
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
I don't know if you mentioned this or not, but tnord since your up by MN, talk to autoimaging, see if they can come down with the 180, which I am still waiting to see, other than the sh*tty pics and video of it I saw.

What needs to be done is make sure that we have a date and place ASAP, or else it won't happen. I am up for the camping thing, but would rather go on the track. If MAM has no open dates that are out of the way of the ATL convention, then we might have to find a new location, so someone migth as well keep talking to MAM, and someone else should start looking at other tracks somewhere in the Midwest (just in case).
Old 01-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #77
tnord
Nissanaholic!

i think those guys at autoimaging are a bunch of douchebags.........hence i haven't talked to them, nor will i ever.
Old 01-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #78
bbp
Zilvia Junkie

bbp is an unknown quantity at this point
I mentioned this before, OH/IN Chapter of NASA is having an event at MidOhio in April. Just pay the entry and we could have a meet there. Camping would be kinda cold that time of year...

Check their schedule at www.racenasa.com
Old 01-11-2003, 03:22 PM   #79
DSC
New Title

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been whoreing the mid-ohio event everywhere I can...
even in my sig

That was the track I was originally talking to mark&irena about, but it was just too far from everybody, well and too soon.

Are we still going to do this at MAM? From mark&irenas post at the top of page 3 here, it sounded like a no. I'd still be up for it if it was a month or so appart from the national convention.

Last edited by DSC; 01-11-2003 at 03:24 PM..
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:05 PM   #80
negular
Dr. Neg

negular is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to negular Send a message via Yahoo to negular
Quote:
Originally posted by DSC
Are we still going to do this at MAM? From mark&irenas post at the top of page 3 here, it sounded like a no. I'd still be up for it if it was a month or so appart from the national convention.
please update, I need to know so I can start saving some money... I hate camping. It would be pretty cool if it was sometime in August... my b-day is August 19, I'd take a good amount of cash (and supplies ) so we can all party our assses off.

Last edited by negular; 01-12-2003 at 12:07 PM..
negular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:20 PM   #81
tnord
Nissanaholic!

apparantly mark and irena have decided to drop this idea.........if there is still LEGITIMATE support for this, i might be willing to take it over.

i'm gonna need a 95% commitment from 15-20 people before i decide to run with it though.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:31 PM   #82
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, please update us with any decisions, ideas, etc. I originally voted NO because I thought it would be too far away. I just did the MapQuest and it's 8 hrs away--not near as bad as I thought. If Iowa is out, St Louis sounds great, since Oberkill said he can check on info there. Please let us know what's up. I'm very interested in a meet
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:33 PM   #83
tnord
Nissanaholic!

St. Louis?? there's a track there? what is it?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:53 PM   #84
tnord
Nissanaholic!

ok......dates i CAN NOT do it..........

anything before june is out

these dates i already have events:
june21
july 26
august 16
august 31
sept 1
sept 13
sept 27

MAM's calendar says "roadcourse open" (not sure exactly what that means)on:
august 16/17 (sat/sun)
sept 13/14 (sat/sun)
oct 25/26 (sat/sun)

days we might be able to double up with other groups:
june 28/29 -- BMWCCA Drivers School -- HIGHLY unlikely
aug 9/10 -- central iowa mustang club -- possible
aug 22/23/24 -- says "central road racing association" --maybe a local body that would give us a group rate, good potential here
oct 18/19 -- says HPM/Pacific pals, could be a corporate day, who knows

those are our options. i really don't give a rats ass about national convention as i doubt people in our area are driving out there anyway. i think racers are more interested in this anyway.

EDIT: i suppose i would skip one of my events to attend if necessary.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:19 AM   #85
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

uiuc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uiuc240
is there anything besides just a turny track there? i'd love to give everyone a chance to drag against each other...and that's cheaper too.

i'm still in for racing, though.

Eric
Old 01-13-2003, 09:08 AM   #86
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
MAM has one but i dont think it is done
Old 01-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #87
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Money talks.
List in XXX amount of dollars generally how much the fees will be and I gaurantee you'll see Zilvia members - drop like flies.
It's not even about Zilvia members, it's about 240SX enthusiasts in general.

Take this past year's convention for example. With all of the 240 owners in the 500+ mile "sphere of influence" from L.A. (which probably numbers over 200+ people) I had a VERY HARD time trying to fill up 75 spaces in the track event. Hell, Club 4AG has drift events for like $50 and people STILL complain! 240 owners too!

From experience doing track events, the bottom line is that it is a lot of money and time investment. Anything motorsport-related costs MONEY, and the more you run/the better you run, the more money you end up spending (either on events or on the car or on both).

Because the people on this board are spread out over a wide area (USA and Canada and such), it is impossible to pick a location that is satisfactory to everyone. Hell, I put on the LA convention and someone on this forum complained to me about the distance (and even had the nerve to ask me for gas money to attend the event). If this country was only 100 square miles in area, then it would be possible for everyone to attend the event, but since it is so large it is IMPOSSIBLE for the event location to satisfy all. You can only hope to put on an event in a satisfactory location to MOST people (or at least make it the same difficulty for EVERYONE to attend) and let people decide for themselves.

From what I've seen over the past 5-6 years, track events are too cost-prohibitive for 90% of 240 owners. At an average of $100-120 per day plus gas and wear/tear, most 240 owners (college, poor, no income to support spending habits) can't take track events on as a decent hobby... so if anyone here wants to plan a big event, I strongly suggest you make it simple and reduce the costs of said event so that it can appeal to everyone.

If all of us owned NSXs cost would not be a problem to almost everyone; unfortunately the car we have is cheap on the market, and with cheap cars you will find cheap owners that can't afford much. Just have to work with the crowd.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:45 PM   #88
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by James
It's still only January...........
And don't confuse that if this "track meet" doesn't work out that there will not be 240sx meets in the Midwest this whole year.
But let's figure that out in a couple months.
You won't be the only one looking for track event space!

Every track I've dealt with in the California area requires you to give at least 9 months prior notice to reserve track space, and unless you know the GM of the track personally they would require a 30-50% deposit about 4-6 months in advance. If you plan on doing this event THIS YEAR, you would need to plan NOW and not "in a couple of months".

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:29 PM   #89
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

gschroeder78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gschroeder78
Mark me down for a Yes.
I drove to St Louis just to buy my POS 240, I think I could handle IA.
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
gschroeder78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:04 AM   #90
Justin-ATL
Leaky Injector

Justin-ATL is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Justin-ATL Send a message via Yahoo to Justin-ATL
I'm pretty interested but August is a long way off still...

Total Distance: 938.83 miles
Total Estimated Time: 15 hours, 30 minutes