Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Its all about the Shoes!!

I know this isn't really Technical but it is very much apart of anyone whom Races.

I prefered shoes that were lite weight before I found driving shoes. Now I have about 5 pair.

So lets hear it... What do you wear on your feet when the pedal is down???

Started with Adidas Adi Racer Lows... great shoe but hard to wear all day especially if your standing still. And they will break your ankel the first time you try to walk up stairs... the center sole is only 1" wide. However driving is great and feedback is awesome.

Piloti Prototypio are great all around but more focused on comfort... little odd styling but still a standout performer.

Puma Speedcats are comon and cought on as a ladies shoe recently... I would be offended but they really aren't that great and the sole wears out like a set of super softs on a F1 car.

Oakley Karts are like wearing a stiff carbon plate for a sole. Harsh even after breaking in. However you feel everything... every little vibration.

Oakley Racer 2 this is by far my favorite of any driving shoe and rivals any other shoe I have ever had on my feet. Comfort is like wearing a slipper. Feedback is perfect and they break in nice and fast. I wear these nearly everyday and plan to get several more colors.

I have yet to try Sparcos or AlpineStars...

Tag... your it!!

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
For me, i would rather spend my money else where.
Its not the shoes.
Its seat position, throttle response and how solid you are in that seat.

then, no matter what you wear, you can feel the response you need to.

I have worn racing shoes.
But they are a waste and un needed in a stock pedal set up 240sx imo.
If you have custom pedals that are in a cluster, no more then 4 inches from gas to clutch, i can see pointy and thin shoes being important.

Otherwise i just wear some canvas vans or chucks.
Stays cool and breaths, bottoms are thin enough to feel what i need and foot position on the pedal, they are cheap, and they look way better.

I would bet that if you took out the shoe sponsorships and flame retardent rules of formula D and SCCA, most people would wear what they wanted.
And it wouldnt be "race" shoes.
Actually, come to think of it, Most pro's i see arent wearing their shoes at drift days, ASB, and any other drift event that isnt a big deal, or is a practice.

I kinda feel like people with an obsession of race shoes are also the same guys that imagine they are swat guys at the paintball field because they wear the whole outfit they had bought from the army surplus store.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
what about wrestling shoes i heard are ok

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 10-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

END THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have yet to drive real driving shoes, vans classics work just fine. The flat, uniform surface soles are actually great.

i dont like chucks as much for driving because as they get worn in the sole becomes less flat and more rounded.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
feel like i'd break my toe wearing those lol
Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
feel like i'd break my toe wearing those lol
hah, believe it or not they feel awesome, i'm on my third pair

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Seen a guy with those Toe Shoes the other day... I know "don't knock it till you try it" but I could never pull that off. Personally looks like another one of those Stupid Fad Shoes you will see every Wal-Mart patron wearing, like those Rubber Sandles... and Converse for the Trendy TwiHearts. Only Converse are the most uncomfortable shoe ever.

But I get it... thin sole and good simple feedback.

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
ive got puma and sparco driving shoes theyre alright i honestly prefer spil sole jazz shoes
Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
Conte6

Conte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have piloti shoes. Made for driving, but you can also go out in them without wearing down the sole like conventional racing shoes.
Conte6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Seen a guy with those Toe Shoes the other day... I know "don't knock it till you try it" but I could never pull that off. Personally looks like another one of those Stupid Fad Shoes you will see every Wal-Mart patron wearing, like those Rubber Sandles... and Converse for the Trendy TwiHearts. Only Converse are the most uncomfortable shoe ever.

But I get it... thin sole and good simple feedback.

-Drew
exactly, i'm definitely not trying to make a fashion statement with them lol but they work for what i need, running and driving

Quote:
Old 10-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #12
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I have my 7 year old Chucks for driving events.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #13
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I don't see the benefit of spending $$$ on race/driving specific shoes personally.
I just can't see myself buying shoes exclusively for driving.

However, I do like shoes that have thin soles and are light overall.
That allows a bit more feedback imo.
Likewise, using something with thick soles & heavy, like boots are the worst.
I've been most happy with the Tiger Mexico '66 shoes & Addidas Samba Classics

ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Im wearing sparco shark's, they are awesome for driving feel and are so far my favorite driving shoe. oh yeah and they are fire resistant.

I also like nike dunk low's, they just feel awesome. I know they arent really a driving shoe.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
ichihachizero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
ichihachizero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I like the countour of puma speedcats, the driftcats suck haha but I dno I been wearing my pumas for 2 years going out in them too and they hold up fine imo
ichihachizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #16
310R
Leaky Injector

310R is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Anyone ever thought about wrestling shoes?I have drove with them and they have great pedal feel and feedback.Just a thought.
310R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
klits562
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
klits562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310R View Post
Anyone ever thought about wrestling shoes?I have drove with them and they have great pedal feel and feedback.Just a thought.
Why not just drive barefoot, shit feels good to me and how could you get more feedback than direct contact with your foot in direct contact with the pedal.
klits562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
puma speed cats/ replicats

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #19
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes.

I've tried race shoes and they are just too narrow and uncomfortable, have two pairs and don't use them anymore

I'm digging my Patogonia Olulu's for track duty...and my feet aren't sore by the end of the day.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #20
Paper_Tiger240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Paper_Tiger240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
just gut out normal shoes
Paper_Tiger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #21
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection

try driving all day with racing shoes and put on normal shoes and tell me you get the same feedback.

I'd wear socks if i could.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #22
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

maybe its just me. but i like to rock the air yeezys
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #23
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Low Top converse
Old 11-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #24
iHateMySilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
iHateMySilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS13KLS View Post

maybe its just me. but i like to rock the air yeezys
pics of u wearing them in ur car to see if it legit
iHateMySilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #25
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
a nice broken in pair of Air Force 1's or SB Dunks is where it's at.

can't go wrong with either one of those.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #26
pincheturbo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (24)
pincheturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post

END THREAD
LMFAO

a buddy of mine rocked these the other day at another buddys Birthday Dinner. i was like

NISMO, NRG, JDM turn signals, misc engine parts
pincheturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #27
caspa
Leaky Injector

caspa is an unknown quantity at this point
nike cortez and pumas for me.
caspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #28
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
i like wearing converse allstars i feel everything...
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #29
1jz_240
Leaky Injector

1jz_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post

END THREAD

lol agreed here. im wearing mine right now. i love everything about em.
1jz_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #30
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
i don't get it...you walk with them on..and it doesn't irritate you....what is it made out of?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote