Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-25-2023, 07:50 PM   #1
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
240boosted has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
question about coolant hose

i have a s13 with a sr20det. I wondering if anyone know hose that would fit to run to the heater core since i cut the top off and i tried to find one but its not the s shape i need.

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=505281898767
https://ibb.co/NCfcTcm

Last edited by 240boosted; 01-27-2023 at 08:45 PM..
240boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2023, 04:50 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
1: your photo link doesnt work
2: its helpful if you tell us what car and what engine you have
3: i like pineapple on my pizza
4: google is a thing that exists.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:46 PM   #3
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
1: your photo link doesnt work
2: its helpful if you tell us what car and what engine you have
3: i like pineapple on my pizza
4: google is a thing that exists.
i clicked both links they seem to work for me. I did search i cant find the coolant size hose for the top i did search as well i have the gates brand hose for the bottom but not the top the return I can’t find a hose

Last edited by 240boosted; 01-28-2023 at 02:03 PM..
Old 01-28-2023, 09:51 AM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boosted View Post
i clicked both links they seem to work for me. I did search i cant find the coolant size hose for the top i did search as well i have the gate ones for the bottom but not the top
Post a photo because you?re asking about a gate and before it was a heater core?
Old 01-28-2023, 01:59 PM   #5
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Post a photo because you?re asking about a gate and before it was a heater core?
Well one question I had was with my external wastegate this is about the heater core hose return line because I swapped over to s14 water neck
Old 01-28-2023, 02:04 PM   #6
240boosted
Zilvia Member

I didn’t mean gates like that I mean the coolant hose brand by me it’s gates or acdelco
Old 01-28-2023, 06:12 PM   #7
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Did you cut it like this since you are running a s14 water neck and the turbo coolant line not longer runs behind the head?

If so, you need to go to the parts store and ask them to let you go look at the hoses they have hanging behind the counter. It's 5/8" and you need to find the shape that works best.

lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 06:15 PM   #8
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok View Post
Did you cut it like this since you are running a s14 water neck and the turbo coolant line not longer runs behind the head?

If so, you need to go to the parts store and ask them to let you go look at the hoses they have hanging behind the counter. It's 5/8" and you need to find the shape that works best.

Correct exactly like that trying find one the 2 places had nothing that fit was wondering what sizes people used
Old 01-30-2023, 05:41 AM   #9
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I actually found a solution for what I think you're describing by owning an OBS ford truck. Mine is also cut like lok's image, though I did weld the beaded/nipple tip back on it from the cut off portion.

The SR's heater lines here are 3/4", whereas the US S13's heater core nipples are 5/8", at least on my car/engine. You can use stock S13 heater hoses and stretch the 5/8" hose over the 3/4" nipple on the SR, but I imagine that's not a permanent solution and significantly reduces the lifespan of the hose.

What I did was bought 2 small block OBS ford coolant bypass hoses, one for each tube coming from your engine. They are a short 90* bend with a built in 3/4-5/8 reducer. Buy two generic double-male metal 5/8 hose couplers and cut the stock 5/8 heater hose at the right length from the heater core side and put it all together with clamps.

Since the heater hose design on these cars is basically 2-90* bends it should be pretty self-explanatory if you have the parts in front of you, and it's a good reliable solution.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:11 AM   #10
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
i think i wrote down the part number last time i did this...ill try to remember to add it to this post or feel free to look through my old posts too...i had to measure and match with my autozone guys
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:08 PM   #11
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
i think i wrote down the part number last time i did this...ill try to remember to add it to this post or feel free to look through my old posts too...i had to measure and match with my autozone guys
That be sweet thanks man
Old 01-30-2023, 04:26 PM   #12
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I actually just have a 3/4 to 5/8 brass reducer with the hoses that have the bend from gates.... I used Earls Tubing Beader... Just head up the pipe a little and have at it... worked fine....

If someone has a pipe that already has the reducer built in I am all for it.... I would love to have that as well

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/e...saAmdAEALw_wcB
Old 01-30-2023, 06:17 PM   #13
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I actually just have a 3/4 to 5/8 brass reducer with the hoses that have the bend from gates.... I used Earls Tubing Beader... Just head up the pipe a little and have at it... worked fine....

If someone has a pipe that already has the reducer built in I am all for it.... I would love to have that as well

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/e...saAmdAEALw_wcB

Ya I try measure the inner tube that would
Fit seems a bit big
Old 01-31-2023, 07:57 AM   #14
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I actually found a solution for what I think you're describing by owning an OBS ford truck. Mine is also cut like lok's image, though I did weld the beaded/nipple tip back on it from the cut off portion.

The SR's heater lines here are 3/4", whereas the US S13's heater core nipples are 5/8", at least on my car/engine. You can use stock S13 heater hoses and stretch the 5/8" hose over the 3/4" nipple on the SR, but I imagine that's not a permanent solution and significantly reduces the lifespan of the hose.

What I did was bought 2 small block OBS ford coolant bypass hoses, one for each tube coming from your engine. They are a short 90* bend with a built in 3/4-5/8 reducer. Buy two generic double-male metal 5/8 hose couplers and cut the stock 5/8 heater hose at the right length from the heater core side and put it all together with clamps.

Since the heater hose design on these cars is basically 2-90* bends it should be pretty self-explanatory if you have the parts in front of you, and it's a good reliable solution.

Part numbers for what I'm explaining:

CONTINENTAL 63726 (3/4 to 5/8 reducer hose from a Ford truck) + DORMAN 56438 (5/8 union) + CONTINENTAL 63096 (KA heater hose, cut the 90 free and toss the rest)
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:09 PM   #15
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Thank you I look into that