Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2023, 09:59 AM   #11
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll try to answer these honestly but your questions are loose, vague and I assume you already have made up your mind on the topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
It's the best land on the planet, but not the best country on the planet. I'd never want to live full-time anywhere else, but...
I'd never want to live full-time anywhere else either.

Quote:
have you dealt with the legal system recently?
You have a right to a trial and the right to be judged by your peers based on the evidence with the assertion that you're innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Do the crime, do the time. I support capital punishment.

Quote:
have you dealt with the healthcare system recently?
I am vaccinated for tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis. I had a liver issue a few years ago, but it was pretty decent care and service, not that they actually diagnosed the issue. Doctors have done good stitches and a cast for me in the past. Both of my children were born at a hospital and are alive today.

Quote:
have you seen the cost per capita for US healthcare compared to other countries?
"The majority of America?s healthcare spending was paid for by the federal government (29.0%), followed closely by households (28.4%) in 2019."

Quote:
have you tried to get mental health care recently?
I thought about it, but decided to take my own path.

Quote:
have you been in poverty recently?
I have never been on welfare as an adult, but there are lots of safety nets, welfare benefits and programs that can help making ends meet for poor people.

Quote:
have you been following water issues in the Southwest?
No.

Quote:
are you aware that those water issues are creating a potential issue with food insecurity and cost, which is a national security issue that almost no one is talking about?
Need sources.

Quote:
are you aware how many people die in automobile accidents?
Are you aware how many people are dying from fentanyl and gang crime?

Quote:
are you aware how many people get unnecessary amputations in the South?
LoL, that's weird.

Quote:
are you aware how many waterways are so polluted that you should eat very few to zero fish from them?
"In China, almost 60% of underground water, 30% of rivers and 19% of cultivated soil are so polluted that they are deemed dangerous to humans. One out of seven people in China, or about 190 million people, drink contaminated water. The soil contains chemicals like mercury, lead and arsenic."

Quote:
do you know how many meaningful bills are passed each year?
"Nebraska became the 27th state in the nation to enshrine in law the right of its residents to carry concealed firearms without a permit."

Quote:
do you know how big the pay gap is between employees and CEO?
CEOs should make more money than their lowest skilled employee.
Become your own CEO or do you support communism?

Quote:
have you seen how absolutely fucked our transportation infrastructure is?
Absolutely fucked, eh, not really, but it certainly could use more investment. Bring back chain gangs and the Civilian Conservation Corps.

Quote:
have you seen how many pages the IRS tax code requires?
Do you support a flat tax? I agree, we should simplify the tax code.

Quote:
have you seen how wasteful the military is?
What part of the government doesn't spend wastefully?

Quote:
are you aware of the lack of Supreme Court oversight?
LoL. Are you aware of congressmen and politicians that have amassed wealth whilst serving in office?

Quote:
This is one of the absolute biggest differences between conservatives and progressives- conservatives bristle when anyone says "the United States has problems" and respond with, "it's the best country on the planet, if you don't like it, you should leave," and progressives respond with, "yes, and we should make the United States better."
"Make America Great Again."

'Progressives' said they were going to move to Canada if Trump was elected. Why wouldn't they want to move to Mexico? The weather is nicer there.

When compared to all the countries on this planet, I choose the USA (I was born in the beautiful Pacific Northwest so I may be biased..) It's not that there aren't other places that are nice and it's not that we don't have problems/issues but, there's a fundamental difference in what we believe we need to do to fix the problems, how we can solve the issues or what is important to us.
Not really fuck all you can do about it anyway. I'll just continue to vote for candidates that I believe align with my views and that 'say' they'll address the issues that are important to me.

Have a good one!

Trump CNN town hall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvWFnkJ6s40