Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
Rocko
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Rocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rocko
Forced Performance Big 28 Info???

I recently aquired a new project car and a brand new un-installed Forced Performance Big 28 Turbo was part of the deal.

Im having trouble finding much good info through searches here and on google about this snail..... Iv read a few things on the DSM boards and what was on the FP site but only what I would call hearsay and nothing solid.... I know from what iv read different places that its a T25 thats been reworked internaly but I can't seem to find much info on exactly what it is (compressor sizing, turbine sizing... a/r....??... what WHP it is capable of) Iv only seen a few mentions of being capable of between 320-340whp and being very simular to an Evo III 16G....

Can anyone point me towards any good info on this thing?

Note: not looking for info on the T25, T28, S15 T28 Ect.... Just the Forced Performance Big28 in particular and what the hell its all about.

Thanks.
Rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
corriganjoshua
Zilvia Junkie

corriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to corriganjoshua
This may not be the forum for that kinda information its a big DSM thing.

Cheap,Fast,Reliable you can only have 2.
corriganjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i used to run one... i liked it for a while... but it got boring.

just like any t28

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
Rocko
Leaky Injector

Rocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura aboutRocko has a spectacular aura about
Yeah it does seem like a more popular turbo for DSM guys although they make a bolton SR20 application...

Im just trying to figure out if buying a GT2871 or even a GT30 is worth it since iv already got this turbo and it cost me nothing, not to mention the supporting mods for the larger turbo's would end up costing me even more. theres a local guy with a GT2871 for sale that i could probably pick up pretty cheap.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #5
Rocko
Leaky Injector

Considering that I got -Reped for asking about this turbo....I take it that its not so hot with the SR crowd lol.

"Forced Performance Big... - 07-18-2008 09:13 AM - meh"
Old 07-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showth...ighlight=big28
T28 vs GT28R vs FP B28

its basically like a disco potato minus the ball bearings.

I've got one sitting around and i plan to use it on my S14 thats going to be driven on the street. I like it because it looks like a little T25 that think probably can't push more than 230whp lol.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats because the most popular turbo from forced performance is the FP green and red....they are super cheap and make GREAT power. for DSM your on your own if you dont get a EV03 big 16g, 18g(obsolete), 20g, fp green, fp red, GT3076R, or GT35R. a big 28g is supposed to make good power and get you into the 11's with supporting mods...
forced performance makes great turbos so im sure your gonna be satisfied with it but i feel your wasting your time. though and should get a proven turbo like the RED or the Green.
BUT since you already have the turbo go with it and kick some ACE...if you need advice on DSM's PM me...anything 4g63t is my shit and i can help you out with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
I recently aquired a new project car and a brand new un-installed Forced Performance Big 28 Turbo was part of the deal.

Im having trouble finding much good info through searches here and on google about this snail..... Iv read a few things on the DSM boards and what was on the FP site but only what I would call hearsay and nothing solid.... I know from what iv read different places that its a T25 thats been reworked internaly but I can't seem to find much info on exactly what it is (compressor sizing, turbine sizing... a/r....??... what WHP it is capable of) Iv only seen a few mentions of being capable of between 320-340whp and being very simular to an Evo III 16G....

Can anyone point me towards any good info on this thing?

Note: not looking for info on the T25, T28, S15 T28 Ect.... Just the Forced Performance Big28 in particular and what the hell its all about.

Thanks.
sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
a simple search of forced performance led to this

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...ed+performance
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
MangoDorifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
MangoDorifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^^^
Not quiet the same. That's a 20G...

Big 28 is a reworked T25
MangoDorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
lilgualda

lilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymorelilgualda is not welcome here anymore
damn thats tight
lilgualda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Its not a bad turbo. Like stated, its similar to the disco potato in size and spec. Only difference is its non-ball bearing so its not as linear when it comes to power delivery and spools up a bit later. I'd take that turbo over an S15 T28. Why? Its cheap and rebuilding it cost $80, plus you got it for free. If you decide to do anything else after this turbo, dont bother getting a GT2871R. Just go straight to a top mount bigger turbo setup.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
Rocko
Leaky Injector

Thanks for all the info guys. I was really hoping i could find something that cleared up the whole T28/GT28R/FP BT28 mess for me and that seems to have been done here.

does anyone have a good idea of what kind of hp this turbo is capable of on the SR? iv heard of up to 340.

Last edited by Rocko; 07-20-2008 at 06:54 PM..
Old 07-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
Rocko
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldbyuramg View Post
thats because the most popular turbo from forced performance is the FP green and red....they are super cheap and make GREAT power. for DSM your on your own if you dont get a EV03 big 16g, 18g(obsolete), 20g, fp green, fp red, GT3076R, or GT35R. a big 28g is supposed to make good power and get you into the 11's with supporting mods...
forced performance makes great turbos so im sure your gonna be satisfied with it but i feel your wasting your time. though and should get a proven turbo like the RED or the Green.
BUT since you already have the turbo go with it and kick some ACE...if you need advice on DSM's PM me...anything 4g63t is my shit and i can help you out with that
Just to clear this up:

I own an SR powered 240 coupe, I only mentioned the DSM boards because they seemed to be the only ones with alot of info about the BT28 floating around.

sorry for the confusion, i should have clarified that from the start.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the turbo will be fun for a while - just dont expect to run 370's with more than like 8 psi or so. you'll be running outta fuel shortly after that.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #15
Rocko
Leaky Injector

Im trying to read that article that compares all the 28's that silverbullet linked but freshalloy isnt working.

anyone else having the same problem? sounds like a good comparo...err
Old 07-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #16
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The big28 is an old school turbo. Im trying to find the dyno of it on an sr20 with hks 264's making over 370whp/340trq with a big28. It is known as the poor mans gt2871. Its a great turbo for the money, but like any other turbo upgrade your going to need all the supporting mods to go with it. Your also going to be running high boost levels.

**edit nvm found his cardomain page - look at the dyno about mid way down ** Also looks like he broke the 400whp mark with it up top with a 409whp dyno. Not bad for an $800 turbo....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/536500
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote