Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
S13 hatch

Trader Rating: (0)
S13 hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry need help.. looking for a quiet exhaust

well right now i have a non branded exhaust that is loud as hell. I am lookin for a turbo exhaust just to weld on not the whole catback. Looking for kinda of a low pro something that doesnt attract too much attention. For example i like how stock 350z sound anybody kno of any searched ebay but nothing of huge exhaust with silencers. Just at least want something that looks stock but sounds nice not exagerated loud on a turbo 240.

plz need advice fucking hate cops following me
S13 hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
RastaS13
Leaky Injector

RastaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bro just hit the search button. there are countless threads of people asking the same question. Im not gonna be a douche and flame you but just look for exhaust threads
Old 08-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
OEM.

Quietest you'll find.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
SILVIA_KIDs14.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 hatch View Post
well right now i have a non branded exhaust that is loud as hell. I am lookin for a turbo exhaust just to weld on not the whole catback. Looking for kinda of a low pro something that doesnt attract too much attention. For example i like how stock 350z sound anybody kno of any searched ebay but nothing of huge exhaust with silencers. Just at least want something that looks stock but sounds nice not exagerated loud on a turbo 240.

plz need advice fucking hate cops following me
circuit sports exahust is my hero for non cop attention and a nice throaty sound and passed db at dmv so thats what you should get!!!!!!
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Lith
Zilvia Member

Lith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Lith Send a message via AIM to Lith Send a message via MSN to Lith Send a message via Yahoo to Lith
imo, I found the OE S15 Spec-R exhaust to be perfect. It it's OE, so it's quiet, but it's still comes with 3" piping. Although it does have a resonator and a proper muffler.
They usually bolt up to the S14, although I had to shorten mine by about 5". It should also bolt up to the S13 with of course some slight modifications.
It's probably too much work for someone that just wants a quiet exhaust, but imo it's worth it. Of course it does sound quite nice even on a KA
Old 08-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The stock Type-X exhaust is 3" and pretty quiet. It is hard to come by in the US though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith View Post
imo, I found the OE S15 Spec-R exhaust to be perfect. It it's OE, so it's quiet, but it's still comes with 3" piping. Although it does have a resonator and a proper muffler.
They usually bolt up to the S14, although I had to shorten mine by about 5". It should also bolt up to the S13 with of course some slight modifications.
It's probably too much work for someone that just wants a quiet exhaust, but imo it's worth it. Of course it does sound quite nice even on a KA
That is a neat idea.
I wonder if there are any OEM 2.5" exhausts that could be easily made to fit an S13.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
OEM my friend with a cut out
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith View Post
If what you're saying is true I would be happy just to get my hands on the OEM S15 Spec R muffler. I can deal with the piping and resonator.

I didn't know that the S15 S15 Spec R and the Type X came with factory 3" piping. Now I know.

I'm at a point where I don't even care if it LOOK stock anymore (Circuit Sport, Megan etc), I just want it to shut the hell up without choking the engine.

Thanks for sharing.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^^ thats how I feel I hate exhaust tickets
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
for the million time, type X is just a trim of 180 doesn't mean it's a kouki.
all 180sx year comes with type x trim.
"type x" exhaust is the same as us 240sx.
s15 spec R exhaust is the same as us 240sx.
only dealer optional nismo/fujitsubo exhaust is 3inch and quiet.
stop spreading rumors that's not true.

Last edited by jspecusa; 08-27-2009 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: oops
jspecusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
^^^^ he knows his shit.
and fujitsubo is what i have. quietest exhaust i ever heard and 3inch piping with a 4.5 inch tip i believe.
YouTube - fujitsubo legalis exhaust s14
here's a video i made to show how it looked and sounded.
it took me forever to get the camera where i wanted lol.

sound quality is a bit off but just for reference on how quiet it is.
i can talk normally while driving and not have to raise my voice what so ever.
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #12
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^^I like, l like. How much the exhaust run you though? Its either going to be between hks high power (sounds like you dont hear anything but the engine), your fujitsubo, and my last option if i cant get my hands on the first two for the right price, apexi.

EDIT: more you tube videos and fujitsubo ftw in my opinion. DAMN that thing is quiet!!
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
jspecusa
Premium Member

jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
simple ways to look for a quiet exhaust.
1. oval muffler
2. oval resonator
3. quality name brand
4. jasma certified
Old 08-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #14
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
for the million time, type X is just a trim of 180 doesn't mean it's a kouki.
all 180sx year comes with type x trim.
"type x" exhaust is the same as us 240sx.
Sorry, I was referring to the 1996-1998 Nissan 180SX Type-x optional Nismo exhaust.
Did not mean to confuse anyone by only saying Type-X.

Last edited by Matej; 08-27-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #15
lbsam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
lbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you might want to look into the Apexi Exhaust control Valve, switch on and its quiet. Switch off and its loud again. problem solved, and they make different sizes for different pipes 2.5 or 3 inch.
lbsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
We were running a Fujitsubo exhaust, it had resonator and still 3in. Very quiet and jasma certified. Could not tell the car had an SR
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:15 AM   #17
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99maxgtr View Post
^^^^ he knows his shit.
and fujitsubo is what i have. quietest exhaust i ever heard and 3inch piping with a 4.5 inch tip i believe.
YouTube - fujitsubo legalis exhaust s14
here's a video i made to show how it looked and sounded.
it took me forever to get the camera where i wanted lol.

sound quality is a bit off but just for reference on how quiet it is.
i can talk normally while driving and not have to raise my voice what so ever.
I had one of those on my first SR. The tip is too fucking big and it weighs a metric fuckton, it's ridiculous. Quiet though.

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 AM   #18
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

well so much for trying to buy a fujitsubo. Will be picking up a hks hi power. My current exhaust (ghetto ass style my brother had done), 2-1/4" flange/tip to a 3" pipe to a 2-1/4" magnaflow. SUPER Quiet, but sooooo much back pressure and sooooo wrong.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:57 AM   #19
wafflez66
240 Dismantler

wafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond reputewafflez66 has a reputation beyond repute
Blitz Realize TT is SUPER Quiet as is the HKS Legal Exhaust. I have had both and loved both...
wafflez66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #20
SILVIA_KIDs14.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Circuit Sports dual tip 3" catback for S13/S14 240SX. 3" SUS stainless exhaust pipings with stainless resonator; ends with slick 'angled' dual tip and low profile high flow muffler (similar to the RSR Ex-Mag). Catback intended for high performance use at the same time not drawing too much 'unwanted' attention like the N1 style mufflers.

circuit sports exhaust i'm tellin you don't sleep shit is good quality great sound too here's a vid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKr2t2fCy_E...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKr2t2fCy_E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
and the link

YouTube - Circuit Sports Exhaust
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

^^^I would buy if my turbo elbow from circuit sport was built with quality. Bought a brand new one and quality sucked ass. It seemed like a ebay elbow. The flange and pipe(or whatever you call it) was not eveen smooth or evened out. I DO however want their older product, like the elbow with divider and the elbow with downpipe. New circuit sport elbow SUCKS ass. Should of got a used greddy for the price.