Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Authentic Kouki wing?

Yes I tried searching, I found many, many for-sale threads of Authentic K's wings and I can not tell any explicit similarities or differences, and not threads helping tell an Authentic K's wing.

Sooo I'm in the process of selling my K's wing and going Rocket Bunny. It came with the car when I originally bought it. However before I sell it, I'd like to know if it is Authentic, or a replica.

On one base, it has the numbers '96030 80f00'. It's really hard to tell since it's partially chipped away.. but what looks like it miiiiiiiight be a Nissan logo? I'm not sure at all (see pic - I drew it in where I think is the logo). On the other base is a stamp saying '62129001'.

I'll let the pics do the talking:

EDIT: I'm not willing to ship this thing, sorry should have made that clear.

Last edited by dazed; 04-29-2011 at 08:49 AM..
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I still don't get why people call it a K's wing... it's a kouki wing, doesn't matter if it's Q's or K's, it's the same wing.
but from what I can tell, yes, it's authentic. google that part number and you'll find a few for sale threads for that wing and the part number.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
there are threads for this. such as the identify this thread. i'll give you 20 bucks for it though.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
For some reason I was under the false impression that only 'K' trim levels had the wing.

I tried Bing and nothing came up... guess that serves me right. But you're correct. No idea how I forgot about that thread. Anyway semi-pointless thread I guess. Thanks for posting though.

Now just to get some Rocket Bunny rear overfenders ... RHDjapan has them... but half the site is in english and half the site is in spanish for me.... FUuuu.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I might be wrong BUT: usually knockoffs are fiberglass copies while OEM are plastic like Zenki lips and s14 USDM wing material. Right?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
its authentic.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitos View Post
I might be wrong BUT: usually knockoffs are fiberglass copies while OEM are plastic like Zenki lips and s14 USDM wing material. Right?
Right. Except after an hour of tapping and inspecting by me and a couple buddies we couldn't determine the material.. derrrp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob22 View Post
its authentic.
Thanks man. And again sorry for the semi-pointless thread. I at least hope that now when people google something like "How to tell authentic kouki wing" this thread will be somewhere in the mix.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitos View Post
OEM wings are fiberglass. Break one in half and youll see.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
noonenose
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
noonenose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
how much are you selling for? i been looking for an authentic one for a while now
noonenose is offline   Reply With Quote