Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #31
corey240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
corey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to corey240 Send a message via MSN to corey240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
Try again, maybe you'll do it right next time.

This time around was failure.
so was your life.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #32
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
People sure like to jump on the bandwagon and bash your interior on here. Wow.

I like it. It's original, and looks better than my scratched up blue stock interior. The only thing I don't like much is how you covered that gauge. Otherwise, looks nice.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #33
Ian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, lets be real here for a second.

Yes, you did a pretty good job of covering your door panels (which is what you're showing off no doubt)

Great. Fantastic. I'm proud of you.

But seriously, your choice in fabric is horrible. Your door panels look like they're covered in ugly boxer shorts. I'm pretty sure I've seen pajamas that use that exact pattern. Is that what you did? Buy a pajama set and cut it up into door panel inserts? I'm pretty sure that's what it looks like.

Don't be mad at me because I don't like your idea and don't be embarrassed to say, "Fuck, my interior looks like dog shit."

Just go to your local fabric store and pick up some new material that looks cool. I'd suggest a heavier gauge of fabric. Go animal print or something if you're going for a goofy look. Otherwise, pick up some nice vinyl or suede or some shit and call it a day.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 03-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #34
corey240
Zilvia Junkie

corey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymore
the gauge was just for the fuck of it. il probly un wrap it at some point, i just wanted to see what it will look like installed. after moving it around i decided the best place to put it for me practicaly is the pillar, so a single pillar pod is going up until i decid a beter place. i dont want to take my eyes off the road too long to check somthing like that.

in my old car it had gauges and the bezels allways glared in my eye really bad from its placement.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #35
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
looks to be good effort, but i hate that color scheme
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #36
nismo-joe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring
hahahaha

anyone for a S14 picnic?
lmao robbie! no... but really i'll go
Old 03-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #37
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
I'm sure the effort was good. It's just the pattern that isn't to everyone's liking. How about some lightning bolts? I'm serious. The plaid pattern reminds me of Big Boi from Outkast.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #38
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Props on the work, not my style but that's why i'm not you.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #39
phreze
Zilvia Addict

phreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to phreze
If you post something like this what do you expect people to say? Wow dude green and white plaid goes great in your emerald green s14? Get serious originality points 100, craftsmenship points 80, style points -10000. Stock s13 tweed looks better then this.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #40
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreze
. Stock s13 tweed looks better then this.
i think they look almost as bad as each other, but s13 leather inserts were nice!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 PM   #41
sukimoto
Zilvia Member

sukimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
yuck. yuck. yuck.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #42
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Maybe if it was Bape

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM   #43
corey240
Zilvia Junkie

its not white dick.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #44
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Definitely a good job! Color scheme is okay, couldn't find gray/black plaid? Or maybe gray/green plaid? I would have went with a darker plaid instead of lighter.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #45
J.Silvia
Leaky Injector

J.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really nice
its actually not that hard ive done it and i used a razor =) Dont wanna sound like an ass but does anyone else notice that the armrests lines in the patern arent straight, which makes me beleive that the fabric was stretched abit too much in one direction. like i said im not trying bring ya down it isnt that bad for your first try but next time let me now if ya need some help and ill gladly give some to advice/ suggestions to anyone.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #46
corey240
Zilvia Junkie

its not stretched too much, when i layed it down im gona make shore its straight next time.im gona redo that next time with some foam whic his why i ddint mind the line being a little off.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #47
J.Silvia
Leaky Injector

J.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really niceJ.Silvia is just really nice
o ok, ya u gotta watch how ya lay things out otherwise its really easy to get off alittle bit. I would use at the most 1/2" foam i believe thats what i used. Gives it the pefect cushy feeling imho.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 AM   #48
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Corey, J.Silvia does interiors. He just went to school for it. Take whatever free advice you can get in this world. Having someone that knowledgeable about interiors and sharing trade secrets is awesome! Don't take it to heart, just take it for what it is. ADVICE. You don't have to take it, but it is always nice to listen to it...good or bad. Learn from others.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
Old 03-29-2007, 07:05 AM   #49
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
J.Silvia, what would be the proper way of doing S13 door panels? I want to do mine in something goofy, and the problem I have run into with a friends is streaching the fabric, because the panel is concave. I have seen it done before in one piece, I was just curious, does the foam help with that? Do you start in the middle and work out?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 03-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #50
ladiesman8527
Zilvia Junkie

ladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enough
what the fuck?? how long did this take you to do? i hope not long. whats wrong with the S14 factory interior?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #51
J.Silvia
Leaky Injector

nothing is wrong with factory s14 interior other then if u get one with a green dash lol, sometimes i like it . As far as overstretching material the easiest way to get rid of it is just make sure u cut enough to completely encompass the whole insert on the door panel. i suggest using a semi heavy coat of glue on the fabric and a lighter coat of glue on the panel insert itself. MAKE SURE that the insert area is cleaned as good as u can do i used a air grinder with i very mild grit (cant remember how fine), also make sure the glue u use wont bleed through the fabric i learned from mistakes lol. take a piece of scrap material and see how heavy u can go with the glue before it bleeds through. oh ya i used landua glue the same glue they use for sticking vinyl tops to roofs, let the glue tack up abit and be damn sure that u get it right when you lay it down cause once its the inserts applied goodluck to you my friends cause it aint gonna wanna come off. Once your ready to apply the material start from the middle out (same basic concept as a sticker). when you get to the outside edges of the insert make sure you have enough glue on the material so when you stuff the material into the channels of the door panel its sticks, then take a putty knife with round corners and stuff the material in nice and firm. As i stated in other posts take a brand new razor and cut about dead center in the channel to remove the excess material, you can cut abit closer to your insert if you would like but BE VERY CAREFUL. thats pretty much the most of what ya need to know when putting in the door panel inserts with both s13/s14 if ya guys have any other questions let me know

ps.ill be getting my $2500 sewing machine in a few months once i pay off some bills cause i know there are a few people on here that wants some stuff done
Old 03-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #52
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey240
why do i hear the fuckin theme to sanford and son!??!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #53
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
creative, isnt that the stuff you use to strech mesh in window screens? nice not a huge fan of green, but it goes with the car. nice work but maybe you shoulda washed your hands first

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey240
well its not that easy, at all. it looks shitty and cheap that way. i dont care how sharp your razor is and how steady your hand is it iwll still look cheap for alot of reasons and this stuff just filled in the gap and made it look more complete, and btw you cant overstretch fabric that doesnt stretch at all, it isnt fleece or anything like that. heres the shit i used till i can get the black vinyl type of edging.

if you look close enough you can see the stuff tucked in the crevace..
Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #54
corey240
Zilvia Junkie

what do you mean wash my hands? i was wearing laytex gloves so i didnt get glue on my hands.

i also learned from my mistake on using too much glue. I figured out that you need to spray the glue on and just make shore it isnt in a thick glop of shit anywhere, spray some on the fabric. then let it sit around 30 seconds and setup so its tacky. its much easier to work with and if you used too much glue anywhere it wont soak through and out the material (unless it soaked into foam), which comes to another thing.

i figured that you can leave the foam under the old insert on but you HAVE to get the old foam outa that crevace and off the edge of it so the glue will go down it. i also figured out like j said, make shore the material is bigger then the work piece. i firstcut and exact size piece to put on and it was just way to smal. i figured this.

lay the fabric over the workpiece. take a sharpie and trace the general shape your trying to cover but when you trace it, make the line aboue 3-4 inches too big and just make shore you dont spray the hole piece of material or it will stick all over the panel where it doesnt need to be and its a pita to get the glue off.

thanks j tell me all you want im listening.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #55
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
+1 for Scotts Bape material, also wheres the burberry?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #56
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
hmmm... i'm thinking of bag pipes when looking at that...
Old 03-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #57
J.Silvia
Leaky Injector

what i did was remove the old insert very carefully and traced it and added about 6 inches all the way around. i did the whole interior so i ordered like 3yds extra of material just in case of screw ups. to me everything is pretty basic knowledge clean everything, take your time and keep it clean in the process.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #58
sr20det4mys13
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

sr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsr20det4mys13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
sick work, how long did it take you to do?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #59
corey240
Zilvia Junkie

without first time screw ups, 2 hours for all. add an hour of hand sewing for the shift boot.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #60
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thats nice.. did you hang up any curtains too? that would be TIIITE...

flapping in the rear 1/4 windows while dr111111111fting, y0.
Closed Thread