Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Beaupro44

Trader Rating: (0)
Beaupro44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help big time Skyline involved can you believe it

The Fast and the Furious: De Pere man's cars are scheduled to be crushed | Green Bay Press Gazette | greenbaypressgazette.com
Yeah this is my buddys car anyone that can do anything is more then willing to help out some sort of way.
here is my number
Leaving Facebook... | Facebook
Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
kikcaffine
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kikcaffine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
god damn Im gonna make one of these fund raiser things and see how many people will just blindly give me money.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
So why didnt the car atleast have the JDM vins on it? Sounds uuuuuber fishy to me. But oh wells, people who bought skylines have known the possible consequences of owning these cars. Sucks that he's the latest one to get pinched.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
what exactly do you expect the people of zilvia to do? they are going to crush the cars no matter what anyone says.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
they are going to crush the cars no matter what anyone says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke36 View Post
they are going to crush the cars no matter what anyone says.
how original
Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
smokescreen240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
great minds think alike?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
god damn Im gonna make one of these fund raiser things and see how many people will just blindly give me money.
why not? lol Shreeveco did it
Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
booo who cares its a freakin skyline. when you do shady shit to get by the law . they are going to crush the cars no matter what anyone says .

ha ha
Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like your friend shouldn't have tried to sell them.... His bad.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
they are going to crush the cars no matter what anyone says .
Old 05-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Unfortunately pleading ignorance to a law does not hold up in court. Judging by the story it seems that the defendant indeed knew he could be violating federal law. In essence he sought to exploit a loophole. He got caught when the loophole was closed and he attempted to sell the cars. Perhaps it would have been better for him to part them out.
The most interesting thing to me about the story is the fact that he obtained the cars as shells. Which means the previous parties had already stripped them out for legal reasons.

He pleaded and gave the cars up to be crushed because otherwise he would have done federal pen time for the charges. Its done get over it.
They are a couple of R33 chassis's not anything to get worked up over. If you want to give him money go right ahead but the fact is he was somewhat aware of the chances he was taking. He gambled and lost.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Raised $2000 already... Damn, I need to come up with some bs excuse to ask for money. Thats insane.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
YamaMX
Leaky Injector

YamaMX is an unknown quantity at this point
It's always been a known risk, sucks to see an actual labor of love get crushed though.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Why did it show a slideshow of pictures making it look something similar to a build thread.. Ive never seen a news source do something like that.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cliffs:
Quote:
Beno crossed the line when he put the cars up for sale, Johnson said. A DOT investigator spotted the purple car on eBay and contacted Beno by email pretending to be an interested buyer from Milwaukee.

"He asks Beno if he has a title, can it be titled, could I get a (vehicle identification number)," Johnson said. "We'd expect Beno to say no, it can't be titled. He's got a letter, he's been told. But he responds that upon sale and payment, you can receive a Florida title and then go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and get a title transfer from Wisconsin. He's trying to circumvent, to get around the law."

Beno claims he believed it was possible and legal to get a Florida title and have it transferred to Wisconsin and that he had no intention of deceiving anyone.

"If anybody had actually come to the house and laid the money on the table, I'd have been honest and said you could only get a bill of sale with me, not a title," he said. "That's how I bought it, and that's how it's being sold."

In the end, Johnson charged him with two felony counts involving conspiracy to commit a fraud, a felony count involving the absence of the manufacturer's ID tags and two misdemeanors relating to the absence of those tags.

Beno said he bought the original shells of the two cars without ID tags and that the seller later mailed him both tags. He admits he was guilty of possessing vehicles without the tags.

"I didn't know that was illegal, but I understand ignorance of the law is no excuse," Beno said. "But I don't accept those felony charges. They are above what is reasonable."
Now you know why we want people to disclose the status of their grey market cars they try to sell on here.

He flat up lied about the cars when trying to sell them. Trying to screw some sap after he found out they were illegal. Got caught, good riddance.

It one thing to have owned the car for years and have them show up and take them. But, to find out they are hot and then try to dump them on some sucker is a douche move.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
It one thing to have owned the car for years and have them show up and take them. But, to find out they are hot and then try to dump them on some sucker is a douche move.
If he had them marked as non-operational and no use on the road, would he still be able to keep them?

I'm just thinking, judging by the money he makes, he could just keep them as prize/show cars or dedicated hitched track cars. Oh well, there are some Skyline owners who would go to meets for "street cred" only to be in a sausage fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
So is he getting screwed for owning them or for having titled them illegally?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
So is he getting screwed for owning them or for having titled them illegally?
Well, he apparently knew he was taking the chance to begin with, so I will not call it "screwed," unless you want to call it screwing himself...
But...
Yes on both counts

And I write too!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #19
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
yeah.. really. it was a joke. get it?

this is why i have no desire to own any skyline.. ever.. its bad enough that the engines are even extremely overpriced...
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #20
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
this is why i have no desire to own any skyline.. ever.. its bad enough that the engines are even extremely overpriced...
Exactly, the thought of all the legal issues and the pain in the ass of finding parts is enough to turn me off to even thinking about one. Plus there are plenty of legal cars you can get out here to make them perform just as well if not even better now a days.

I do find it funny that our government is so worried about the importation of these cars. Realistically I'm sure they are much safer then many of the old classic cars that are still driven around and finding ways to properly get them to pass emissions can't be that difficult. Besides if I want to drive a tin can on the streets why should the federal government have any say in what I do with MY life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #21
jstr269

jstr269 is an unknown quantity at this point
If he's really wanting to just save the cars, why not sell them as track only cars or to a collector. He should call SEMA, or Jay Leno. They have the money and power for something like this.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #22
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ryandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
not sure what the hell happened to this guy...big bird was a bond released skyline. kinda fishy
Old 05-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
see this iswhy i dont own any skylines. first off their dumb glorified econoboxes with four door grocery getters. people in japan litterally drive these into walls for fun. their worthless. they laugh at us caus we want them s o bad. paying all this money to import them just to have them crush. they are going to crush the cars no matter what anyone says.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #24
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
see this iswhy i dont own any skylines. first off their dumb glorified econoboxes with four door grocery getters. people in japan litterally drive these into walls for fun. their worthless. they laugh at us caus we want them s o bad. paying all this money to import them just to have them crush. they are going to crush the cars no matter what anyone says.
I remember being this ignorant/uneducated. Really? A grocery getter? and your bucket 240sx is such a high performance machine right? N/A 2.4L right? damn, I'm in the wrong car... My R33 sure could use a solid KA.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #25
Bboyswift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bboyswift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ youre r33 is next lol. But in all seriousness. The r33 is the 'tard of the skyline era. Just like the datsun 260z lol.

Those cars are getting crushed reguardless. He should just be lucky theyre taking off the felonies. He's an idiot that knew the consequences and got caught.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #26
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandh View Post
I remember being this ignorant/uneducated. Really? A grocery getter? and your bucket 240sx is such a high performance machine right? N/A 2.4L right? damn, I'm in the wrong car... My R33 sure could use a solid KA.
I have 10 electric turbos on my KA. FI 2.4L. Make over 637bhp to the wheels.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #27
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
I have 10 electric turbos on my KA. FI 2.4L. Make over 637bhp to the wheels.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #28
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboyswift View Post
^ youre r33 is next lol. But in all seriousness. The r33 is the 'tard of the skyline era. Just like the datsun 260z lol.

Those cars are getting crushed reguardless. He should just be lucky theyre taking off the felonies. He's an idiot that knew the consequences and got caught.
the R33 was the first production car to lap the 'ring' in under 8 minutes. Looks better than the R32, although heavier, it's still an awesome car. Yes I might be weird for loving the R33 models, but people are too uneducated about them and hate them cause they don't look like the R34's. I personally like the R33 better than both models.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #29
intel5811
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
intel5811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well atleast I know the green winnie would strick anywhere...
Old 05-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #30
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandh View Post
the R33 was the first production car to lap the 'ring' in under 8 minutes. Looks better than the R32, although heavier, it's still an awesome car. Yes I might be weird for loving the R33 models, but people are too uneducated about them and hate them cause they don't look like the R34's. I personally like the R33 better than both models.
Isn't the R33 the only approved and bonded Skylines when Motorex was doing the papers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
Closed Thread