Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
aloha_13

Trader Rating: (3)
aloha_13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
KA Ka-t.org is down?! is it officially gone??

So recently checked ka-t.org. Looks like the forum is down. Anyone know anything about it? I'm piecing together my turbo kit and internals for a rebuild, but now i can't look at all the builds from there. This sucks
aloha_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Wow but can't say i'm not surprised. When they switched everything over it all died out. Forums have been pretty dead
Old 12-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
same thing that happened to v8nissans.com
Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
how sad. I used to spend a lot of time their way back in the day. When ka's were worthless truck motors and sr20's were king shit and the coolest of the cool. Only if you were getting ready for race wars.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #5
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Womp. I'm glad I double posted some of my tutorial threads on Zilvia and ka-t just to make sure my effort wasn't lost. Could just be down for maintenance or that someone forgot to pay for the site hosting.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Just when I'm getting ready to start a list and outline out my KA-T...got damn it!

I hope they just forgot to pay for the site hosting.

I literally have been saved from asking so many questions and making threads because of that site.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I, (the same as HORShi) have found so much info when building my car the past couple years on that site.

I personally think Facebook and all the "pages" on there have ruined message boards/forums. especially with sharing pictures (just a tap away from taking a picture/sharing from your phone to a "Facebook page". you also end up with more kids per se' on facebook rather than forums since its what the forum crowd used before facebook...

just my .02
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
dezzS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dezzS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post
I, (the same as HORShi) have found so much info when building my car the past couple years on that site.

I personally think Facebook and all the "pages" on there have ruined message boards/forums. especially with sharing pictures (just a tap away from taking a picture/sharing from your phone to a "Facebook page". you also end up with more kids per se' on facebook rather than forums since its what the forum crowd used before facebook...

just my .02
You're right. In my honest opinion it's more convenient than logging onto a forum, if someone's selling something or you have a question for them you're likely to get an instant answer instead of waiting for someone to log back on to a forum.
dezzS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
This seriously killed me. I went to log in yesterday and nothing. I'm about to KA-T my car during Christmas break too!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
theultimatehero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
theultimatehero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Aw I was hoping to find a thread on this and see it was just down for maintenance. I was heavily relying on that site for my current build. I would pay to get it back.

Does anyone know who we can contact to see what's going on?
theultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Last seen @ Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:07 pm...
Old 12-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I hope it's down for maintenance or they forgot to pay the hosting too.
Even as a library it has a vast amount of information about everything KA, and if you spend enough time reading there you will comeback a changed man.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Thumbs up

It's back!
Old 12-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #14
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
good. that site has inspired many a ka-t
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #15
slower than you
Zilvia Member

slower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enough
God, its depressing seeing the death of all the forums because of facebook. The ability to quote people and keep shit relevent is lost in the comments on facebook sucks, you sometimes get pigeonholed into only local groups, and as far as cars go, the lack of anonymity keeps people from being honest about stuff that sucks.

The death of the forum and the growth of facebook may be responsibe for people thinking mismatched panels and rusted hoods look good, cause everybody gets pats on the back without much criticism.
slower than you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #16
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^+1000000000
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:20 AM   #17
aloha_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Wow but can't say i'm not surprised. When they switched everything over it all died out. Forums have been pretty dead
thank god it's back today haha
you have a build thread for you ka-t? good numbers man.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:21 AM   #18
aloha_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
Just when I'm getting ready to start a list and outline out my KA-T...got damn it!

I hope they just forgot to pay for the site hosting.

I literally have been saved from asking so many questions and making threads because of that site.
same here bruh. But its back now! goodluck with your build
Old 12-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #19
aloha_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxfan6882 View Post
I hope it's down for maintenance or they forgot to pay the hosting too.
Even as a library it has a vast amount of information about everything KA, and if you spend enough time reading there you will comeback a changed man.
amen. Zilvia and ka-t.org has taught me a lot over the years
Old 12-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #20
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slower than you View Post
God, its depressing seeing the death of all the forums because of facebook. The ability to quote people and keep shit relevent is lost in the comments on facebook sucks, you sometimes get pigeonholed into only local groups, and as far as cars go, the lack of anonymity keeps people from being honest about stuff that sucks.

The death of the forum and the growth of facebook may be responsibe for people thinking mismatched panels and rusted hoods look good, cause everybody gets pats on the back without much criticism.
I agree with this wholeheartedly, and maybe it's a generational thing. There are just too many "derps" on facebook, it's not even worth being in the groups unless you want to find material to post in the "do it wrong" thread.
silviaks2nr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #21
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I think you're correct. I'm way less likely to say anything too negative on FB. But with the anonymity of a forum SN I'm more likely to tell you that you're tacky and I hate.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #22
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I agree with this wholeheartedly, and maybe it's a generational thing. There are just too many "derps" on facebook, it's not even worth being in the groups unless you want to find material to post in the "do it wrong" thread.
x2...Owning a 240 is a "fad" more or less now. I know I have been crucified before for talking about the past and how much I wish I could experience it, but nonetheless, I truly, genuinely LOVE my S14, from the chassis to the history of Japanese culture/motorsports period. It's extremely hard to find an enthusiast period that share these same interests. Everybody (in general of course) is too caught up with trying to get there name, build or whatever...for the sole purpose of just being internet famous and That's it...nothing else.

Even though Zilvia can be cold-hearted at times...it's the only truly remaining authentic s-chassis forum left where you can find people that are enthusiastic and authentic about these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyGirlHeyyy View Post
I think you're correct. I'm way less likely to say anything too negative on FB. But with the anonymity of a forum SN I'm more likely to tell you that you're tacky and I hate.
I also concur...if you was to call somebody out on facebook for tackiness and bad taste...you will crucified of biblical proportions by hipsters, trendsters, commentators, swaggots and constant replies off "HEY, ITS NOT UR CAR, WHY U CARE?" or..."HAT8RS GOING TO H8"

I honestly would take Zilvia dry and cold heartiness over FBs wrath from the high and mighty FB/IG Mt. Swaglympus Gods and their practitioners...any day, all day. lol

At least I can learn something from here or KA-T.org and get advice from experienced members, unlike FB.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #23
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
x2...Owning a 240 is a "fad" more or less now. I know I have been crucified before for talking about the past and how much I wish I could experience it, but nonetheless, I truly, genuinely LOVE my S14, from the chassis to the history of Japanese culture/motorsports period. It's extremely hard to find an enthusiast period that share these same interests. Everybody (in general of course) is too caught up with trying to get there name, build or whatever...for the sole purpose of just being internet famous and That's it...nothing else.

Even though Zilvia can be cold-hearted at times...it's the only truly remaining authentic s-chassis forum left where you can find people that are enthusiastic and authentic about these cars.

I also concur...if you was to call somebody out on facebook for tackiness and bad taste...you will crucified of biblical proportions by hipsters, trendsters, commentators, swaggots and constant replies off "HEY, ITS NOT UR CAR, WHY U CARE?" or..."HAT8RS GOING TO H8"

I honestly would take Zilvia dry and cold heartiness over FBs wrath from the high and mighty FB/IG Mt. Swaglympus Gods and their practitioners...any day, all day. lol

At least I can learn something from here or KA-T.org and get advice from experienced members, unlike FB.
Seriously man. We're all a bunch of dicks on here, but at least we're not hacking up perfectly good cars because "OMG. I have to do a Formula-D spec build so I can stand on the podium with Vaughn Gittin and jerk him off with Monster's new no-carb lube!"
Old 12-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #24
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
In the past 4 years I have never taken anything seriously on facebook, why start now?

The thing that blows my mind about Ka-t.org is that every possible question (almost) that you can ask regarding Ka's is pretty much answered. Like that forum is done, it won the game. The only thing you can really do to make some noise on that forum is if you suddenly open up a company that produces parts for Ka's. Other than that it pretty much is just new members joining. You will get the morons who post without searching b/c every question has a solid answer to it.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #25
jessegrover

jessegrover is an unknown quantity at this point
So... if I bought my 240 with a spray paint paint job... stripped interior, and 4 inch exhaust all the way out and I hate it... does that make me a minority everywhere else? Finding all stock interior shit is also a bitch.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #26
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
the lack of anonymity keeps people from being honest about stuff that sucks.

Couldnt have said it any better.

If only there was a thumbs down button for these derps to see fully what a piece of crap their car really is.
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #27
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
In the past 4 years I have never taken anything seriously on facebook, why start now?

The thing that blows my mind about Ka-t.org is that every possible question (almost) that you can ask regarding Ka's is pretty much answered. Like that forum is done, it won the game. The only thing you can really do to make some noise on that forum is if you suddenly open up a company that produces parts for Ka's. Other than that it pretty much is just new members joining. You will get the morons who post without searching b/c every question has a solid answer to it.
Haha well said! There's seriously so much info on there with small facts such as an S13 KA idler bolt not being the same length as an S14 idler bolt and therefore should not be interchanged.
It could also be a reason why the forums aren't cracking because just about everything has been covered, and with such a small amount of KAs being turbocharged and hardly anything new being produced for it in terms of parts.

The last thing I remember that was causing excitement ripples was the Tomei KA-T build and development... but where did that go? I haven't seen any updates from them about it.