Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #31
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
mrchomponthis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Why do you need the most beefy control anyway? more often than not they aren't going to break...
Old 11-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #32
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Why u want to have the more money? This ties into bigger is better theory
Old 11-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #33
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
The only time components really break IMO is when you crash bad, and if you happen to crash bad enough its likely even the most expensive parts will take a toll.
I would love to see companies stress and pressure test components using certified machinery, and not just the "oh yeah we ran a few track events, its holding up" approach. Theres so much bogus shit out there especially for our nitch market, everyone virutally makes the same thing and calls it the best. Half of the time parts come from the same place. Sad but true
Old 11-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #34
sulik

Trader Rating: (0)
sulik is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrischeezer View Post
Drift Works makes some pretty serious stuff. Use highest quality for the most vital components, and you can save with the lower budget parts for the small things.
not a big fan of china made.. but lots of ppl use em.
Driftworks isn´t china stuff.
The parts are fabricated in GB.
sulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #35
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

I pm'ed psm months ago asking them if they had any tensile strength tests done, also yamoto garage. no response from either of them....
Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #36
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulik View Post
He didn't say Driftworks is from China.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #37
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
He didn't say Driftworks is from China.
Quote:

Old 11-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #38
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what about yamato garage?
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #39
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Im getting ready to order all my links here also, am thinking of either going SPL or Cusco. I like the fact that i can get everything else Cusco (Sways, Strut Bars, Coilovers) but like someone mentioned before, having parts readily available and customer service is nice to have. Those that have Cusco, would you go a different route if given the chance to reorder?
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #40
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I had cusco RUCA's on my S13 for a minute, but I sold them for SPLs. They are definitely good, but not the same quality as SPL. The hybrid adjusters make small adjustments really easy while keeping the heim joints straight.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #41
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
One company that i wanted to get back like 7 yrs ago when i first got into 240's was Silk Road. I dont really see anything metioned of them on here but i found a site that also sells the links. What do ppl think of silk road?
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #42
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
I really think that the fabrication of the arms them self is kinda moot as long as you are buying from a reputable company ie...PBM, SPL, Battle Version, ect. Look at what you are replacing. I have only ever heard of a couple of E-Bay arms breaking. Mainly the failure is going to come from cheep heim joints.
Funny how some are speaking of NDT and DT of the parts that PBM, SPL, or Battle Version make. All you have to do is hold one of their parts in your hand. Just compare the welds to the crappy welds that are on the stock arms that have not failed in the 100,000+ miles.
Customer service is gonna go a long way with me also. Either Kuah, Dan or Alex will be more than happy to help you where they can with your purchase.
Both SPL and PBM make improvements on their products even when they do not have to.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #43
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Yes!^!!!!!!
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #44
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
has anyone used those new Stance links?
CaptainVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #45
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Just compare the welds to the crappy welds that are on the stock arms that have not failed in the 100,000+ miles.
yes! When the car is not intended to be drifted! or else things bend..
Old 11-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #46
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

just because a weld looks gross doesn't mean it's not strong FYI!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #47
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchomponthis View Post
just because a weld looks gross doesn't mean it's not strong FYI!
Very true, but an experienced fabricator can tell a good weld from a bad one. My point is this the arms built by the formerly mentioned companies are going to be far stronger than the stock arms, and they held up for a while...true?
Some classes of racing do not allow aftermarket arms and even under pretty harsh conditions they do not tend to fail. Now here is the flip side to the coin...In the event of a mishap the arms are designed to fail so damage is not done to the subframe or the chassis. There will always be a weak link...it is the nature of the beast.
So I guess what would be my advice is to buy a nice set of arms from a company that tickles your fancy. If you are good with a company that you will not get to talk to one of their key people, by all means do so. I work pretty hard for my money, so I don't mind making a few calls and chatting before I send my cash away, and being disappointed when my parts are not up to my standards. I would also ask around and see what your buddies are using. See what they like and dislike about the brand that they are using.
I think that if you track your car on the regular and drive it daily, I would at least check the rod ends at least every track day.
I am pretty sure that you are pretty careful with your money and that is why you stared this thread...to see what we are using and what we think about the parts we have. To be perfectly honest I have a mix of Powered by Max, Battle Version, and I built my toe rods. I don't have anything bad to say about any of them.

Hope that helped

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 11-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #48
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

I agree with all your points, I more so started this thread to just give people an opportunity to voice there opinions. I personally have Kazama tension rods, random brand rucas, and peak traction arms, and am looking into pbm toe arms. In my opinion s chassis guys are "perfect consumers" with the lack of information on products being sold. My welding teacher William Galvery once told me, I'd never buy any type of suspension component if i don't know what the hell its made out of, gases used, filler used, and metal used. I think all companies should have this information accessible to there consumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Very true, but an experienced fabricator can tell a good weld from a bad one. My point is this the arms built by the formerly mentioned companies are going to be far stronger than the stock arms, and they held up for a while...true?
Some classes of racing do not allow aftermarket arms and even under pretty harsh conditions they do not tend to fail. Now here is the flip side to the coin...In the event of a mishap the arms are designed to fail so damage is not done to the subframe or the chassis. There will always be a weak link...it is the nature of the beast.
So I guess what would be my advice is to buy a nice set of arms from a company that tickles your fancy. If you are good with a company that you will not get to talk to one of their key people, by all means do so. I work pretty hard for my money, so I don't mind making a few calls and chatting before I send my cash away, and being disappointed when my parts are not up to my standards. I would also ask around and see what your buddies are using. See what they like and dislike about the brand that they are using.
I think that if you track your car on the regular and drive it daily, I would at least check the rod ends at least every track day.
I am pretty sure that you are pretty careful with your money and that is why you stared this thread...to see what we are using and what we think about the parts we have. To be perfectly honest I have a mix of Powered by Max, Battle Version, and I built my toe rods. I don't have anything bad to say about any of them.

Hope that helped
Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #49
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
I agree with your teacher, he might know what he is talking about haha. someone said there was avideo of them making the suspension, anyone have a link? also I am thinking about going with pbm suspension, or spl. customer service for spl is by far the best I have experienced. I'm just up in the air. I also agree with the strength of the product test. that would be nice to know. email them again. show them this thread. see if they can give some input. I work hard for my money as well, hell I have four jobs, I certainly don't want to waste my money.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #50
tims05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
tims05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I know its been asked but anyone have any opinions on the Yamato Garage parts?
tims05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #51
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tims05 View Post
They look like just another come late budget company trying to get their piece of the s-chassis pie.
Why bother when there's already plenty of reputable proven options?
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #52
GunmetalSR
Zilvia Member

GunmetalSR is an unknown quantity at this point
YouTube - Parts Shop MAX newest super low S-Chassis camber arm fabrication
i love this video...its inspiration for me to weld better
GunmetalSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #53
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
werd, just watched the vid. ten mins and you have an arm
Old 11-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #54
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
They use QA1 rod ends which are pretty good.. I have a set of rucas and toe arms from them but haven't installed them yet.. The quality is OK.. I'm waiting for some spherical bearing covers before I install them..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #55
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

o yeah it's on the PBM site now...

I'm such a hesitater when it comes to buying :/
Old 11-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #56
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalSR View Post
YouTube - Parts Shop MAX newest super low S-Chassis camber arm fabrication
i love this video...its inspiration for me to weld better
I love this video also...Now all their arms are TIG welded instead of MIG. If you are a welder/fabricator you know how much more skill and time it takes to do that.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #57
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

XxCAPTAINxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yeah i have their RUCA's for s13. they are beefy and look well made. i have done a couple events with no problems but thats not saying much. basically they look legit but im going PBM as soon as these break(if they do)
Old 11-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #58
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I may as well ask my question in this thread...

Would keeping stock traction rods and RLCAs, and getting some adjustable toe rods and RUCAs be okay? Obviously I won't have as much flexibility with alignment. All I need is 0 toe and a little bit of camber, will I be good with just the two links?
Irresistible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #59
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

just get ruca's and tension arms. Thats all you really need and if you want a little more buy energy bushings for the other arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
I may as well ask my question in this thread...

Would keeping stock traction rods and RLCAs, and getting some adjustable toe rods and RUCAs be okay? Obviously I won't have as much flexibility with alignment. All I need is 0 toe and a little bit of camber, will I be good with just the two links?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #60
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

You are assuming things you don't know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
They look like just another come late budget company trying to get their piece of the s-chassis pie.
Why bother when there's already plenty of reputable proven options?