Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #301
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
WellI was just saying most trunks/parts of cars are adjustable... I used to work at a ford factory on the body work and had to make sure clearances/fitment was alright..its just easier and usually how its done by many shops lol.. and the spacers is a quick fix... instead of adding weight with so much fiberglass/bondo/whatever... it was just a few thoughts I had though

Ah well lol It's all good. Still fun to watch all the effort
I understand where you are coming from, but the over fenders cause a 3-4mm increase in height on the top of the quarterpanel, with that being said, the build up was the best route to take especially with shaving the lock and eliminating the rubber stoppers in order to install the hood pins. Doing it this way I can ensure it is level, the most important thing [weather stripping sealing up] happens and everything looks like it was supposed to be that way from the factory.

Weight is no concern to me, I am actually looking at custom fabbing up a weight bar that will allow for me to put more weight on and take weight off when needed, however a stripped down S Chasis with a 900+ HP RB26 can use all the weight it can get.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #302
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
however a stripped down S Chasis with a 900+ HP RB26 can use all the weight it can get.
yah think..... god damn man this is good stuff.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #303
importboi22

Trader Rating: (0)
importboi22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
someone sent me this link..... amazing build; i have a chubby right now
Old 01-12-2008, 01:25 AM   #304
down_shift
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
down_shift is making a name for him/her selfdown_shift is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
quality build man
Old 01-12-2008, 03:14 AM   #305
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
quality build man
Thanks for checking it out.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #306
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
How big are the fenders?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #307
shifteds14
Leaky Injector

shifteds14 is making his/her stupidity well-knownshifteds14 is making his/her stupidity well-knownshifteds14 is making his/her stupidity well-knownshifteds14 is making his/her stupidity well-knownshifteds14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
excellent build great quality of craftmenship...... ur building my dream car/setup s15 + n1 RB+ widebody ,i envy u just a tiny bit.

one day when i have the funds . SUBSCRIBED
Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #308
TheArkitekt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
TheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
looking good!

*subscribed*
Old 01-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #309
sillydrift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
sillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sillydrift
man thats a nice build! my dream car s15

Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #310
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
subscribed for lifeeeeeee, i demand more pics nowwww! goodwork bro keep it up
Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #311
AutoKA24DE
Zilvia Member

AutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really nice
awesome work sir
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #312
RPS13_NISMO KNIGHT
Zilvia Member

RPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond repute
super clean work bro keep up the nice work up
Old 01-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #313
Coolwhip
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Coolwhip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Coolwhip
I love this thread!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #314
Palmer
Leaky Injector

Palmer is making a name for him/her selfPalmer is making a name for him/her self
This is an awesome build man! Damn this makes me wish i had a better job. Cant wait to see some videos of this thing when its done.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #315
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
This makes me wish I was in Japan so I could just drive down to BN and buy whatever I needed
Old 01-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #316
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks all for the compliments, comments and suggestions. The trunk build up was a total abortion due to the low points caused by the Type R wing and the GT wing that were previously mount on the trunk. I have decided to do away with the stock trunk and an FRP trunk from MeisterR is enroute. Once it gets here I will sand it, cut the holes for the aerocatch pins and the car will go into paint. I wanted to make sure all was flush, but it just didn't work out well, I will most likely make minor adjustment and close the difference in height to about 1mm which is barely noticeable.

Once the car is out of Paint, it will sit a while and harden while I work on things like the dash board, knuckles, bearing replacements and things like that. I will update pics tonight as I start on my dash project. Once the paint is ready, I will wet sand and then start to assemble this pig.

Brian
Old 01-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #317
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
All I got to say about the project is... "pimpin aint easy but someone's got to do it"!!!

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
Old 01-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #318
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
I have decided to do away with the stock trunk and an FRP trunk from MeisterR is enroute. Once it gets here I will sand it, cut the holes for the aerocatch pins and the car will go into paint. I wanted to make sure all was flush, but it just didn't work out well, I will most likely make minor adjustment and close the difference in height to about 1mm which is barely noticeable. Brian
Sounds like a good plan, tough to throw away the old trunk after all the time invested in it though I bet? Live and learn right.

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
Old 02-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #319
prang11
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
prang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Give us more. Such a sexy pig.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #320
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
Been checking this here and there. if you decide on the Electromotive Tec GT let me know, i can get you an awesome deal on it and we have a good amount of experience with it here at the shop.

your car looks great btw.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #321
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
wishing for some pics of this amazing ridee, were in need of some updates sir!! paaleeeeassee
Old 02-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #322
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeSti View Post
wishing for some pics of this amazing ridee, were in need of some updates sir!! paaleeeeassee
Goes into paint this weekend, I will post pics when finished.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #323
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i think my penis and brain just exploded simultaneously
Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #324
s13.dark1
Zilvia Member

s13.dark1 is making a name for him/her selfs13.dark1 is making a name for him/her self
sick! keep this thread going very nice.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #325
mistah_240sx

mistah_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build! any update pic!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #326
1CLNS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (44)
1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
any updates? more pics!!!! lol

Daily Driven
Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #327
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
good god that shit looks tight
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #328
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I HATE ALL build threads on zilvia.

This one is different. It's quite good.

You have great taste and know exactly what to do.

Keep it up.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #329
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
tick, tock, tick, tock.

time for an update sucka.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:52 AM   #330
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
looks awesome cant want to see the finished product
Closed Thread