Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #601
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
good points...but peak power usually comes at the cost of response.

response is key for drifting...and a twin turb'd v8 actually retains a little response, whereas the RB26 doesn't have AS much off boost torque

Last edited by 96Turbo; 08-01-2008 at 10:52 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #602
808_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
man, this build is what everybody dreams of.
its like, your living our fantasy sir. haha

-makua[ace]
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #603
dorby
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dorby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOW...ridiculous detail!!!!!!! keep up the good work
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #604
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Wow. Your doing all that stuff at the Auto Craft Shop over there across the sea right?

How about you come to Ft Leonard Wood and We'll show you what a real auto craft shop looks like! (sarcasm)

We have nothing. 8 Tool carts, 6 flat bays, 4 lifts, and an engine crane. Thats about it... Its a good job tho. Im not complaining lol (more sarcasm)
Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #605
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
CursedGTR, consider yourself as having one more nutswinger. that car is gonna be amazing.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #606
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
ever heard of a 900hp drift car? hmmm
ever heard of Kuroi?

D1ƒOƒ‰ƒ“ƒvƒŠŽQí’†II•ˆä“ÖŽj‚ÌRiverSide
YouTube - dr1ft.jp :: Meihan :: Kuroi :: Dec 2007

ever heard of Inose?

YouTube - aristo drift
YouTube - 1000ps Aristo

Stock s15 dash looks so much better than an aluminum dash.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #607
burninskulls0911
Zilvia Addict

burninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enough
anymore updates?
i wanna see more!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #608
240sxdrifterS14
Leaky Injector

240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore
sick build man, we want more
Old 08-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #609
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldbyuramg View Post
coming up on a year...looks great. i didnt see what your gonna do with the dash but you should definitely suede it
More pics coming later on as I have finally got most of the pieces for the dash cut out and sized. I will mock it all up today, make sure it fits together well and will see if one of my friends will let me borrow a tig welder, since the one at the shop is down. The dash is going to get powder coated in a wrinkle Black powder once it is done but there are a few more things that need to be done before I call it a finished product.

The wheels were delivered yesterday as well, and damn they are fucking cool, I got some pics of those.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #610
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post

Stock s15 dash looks so much better than an aluminum dash.
YEs it does, if you are going to keep your interior, but when everything is going to be flat surfaced aluminum or Carbon Fiber I will go with the Aluminum dash. I had originally planned to go with a carbon S15 dash but making the mold and getting it correct was a pain in the ass plus it had to many meaningless curves and the AC vents would have needed to be removed which spelled more worthless work and the juice just wasn't worth the squeeze, F all that, the aluminum dash is much cooler in a project like this and I am liking this approach much much more.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #611
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
god damn it man... get the fuck on with finishing this bitch so we can all see it... I mean fuck, let's go

Old 08-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #612
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
this thing is going to be a blurry rainbow going down the road.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #613
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
god damn it man... get the fuck on with finishing this bitch so we can all see it... I mean fuck, let's go
I wish it was that easy dude. I would have finished it already, but timing and money are the biggest factors of all right now.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #614
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
awesome choice in wheels

this car is going to be ill
Old 08-09-2008, 04:39 AM   #615
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Dash is mocked up and pretty much complete. It is time to weld it up in some areas and then I will cut for the shifter when I get the mission. I am most likely going with a sequential gearbox so I am looking to only cut the shifter slot when I get the mission itself. Hopefully, my orders from Summit and some wiring places will get here soon so I can run the rest of the harness.

Brian

Here are the pics:

Old 08-09-2008, 05:44 AM   #616
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
jeebus those wheels are sick those are the biggest lips i've seen on those wheels
Old 08-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #617
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
the build is still going great
unlike in other build threads, when you say "i think i am going with a sequential gearbox," i believe it and know its going to happen

what are the specs on the wheels?
can't believe nobody asked yet

let's finishing
Old 08-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #618
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
sequential gearbox= Great Idea !!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #619
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
those wheels are the sex ;]
Old 08-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #620
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Another reason Gunny's are gods. Nice build!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #621
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Bump for wheel specs-
Old 08-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #622
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
hey brian were you aware that you need to cover the dash for shakken?? supposed to be padded (my mechanic told me this so i believe it. but let me know if you find out otherwise. just wondering if you knew or had heard this or not)....................

i like the 15 dash better
can't wait to see it done
Old 08-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #623
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ggalant View Post
hey brian were you aware that you need to cover the dash for shakken?? supposed to be padded (my mechanic told me this so i believe it. but let me know if you find out otherwise. just wondering if you knew or had heard this or not)....................

i like the 15 dash better
can't wait to see it done
Yeah I knew that, but then again, I have not even decided if I am going to try to JCI it yet, if I do, I will just slop an S15 Dash in there since the aluminum is using the stock mounting locations. Most likely it will not get a JCI and will run temp tags on race days. The S15 dash is cool and all but it really doesn't go with what I am doing, I would have kept it if this was going to be a daily driver type street car though.

As for wheel specs

18X10 -8 Front
18X10 -12 rear
Old 08-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #624
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
Are you gonna paint the dash?? or leave it aluminum???
Old 08-10-2008, 07:36 AM   #625
silvia_twins
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
silvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to beholdsilvia_twins is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Truly an amazing machine
Old 08-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #626
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
Are you gonna paint the dash?? or leave it aluminum???
He stated earlier, it's being powdercoated wrinkle black.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #627
gsxr141
Zilvia Junkie

gsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymore
i just went through this whole thread and i'm left speechless. i don't think the rest of the world is worthy.
very good work my friend.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #628
240sxdrifterS14
Leaky Injector

240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore240sxdrifterS14 is not welcome here anymore
Waiting for more updates =)
Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #629
Mikey88
Zilvia Member

Mikey88 is on a distinguished road
wow first time lookin at this thread...keep up the work man! Ray how long you in oki for? im waiting for rex to go there for leave so he can pick up shiet for me haha! i was about to go for 6 weeks on a space-a flight but school got in the way :/...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #630
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Pay for my plane ticket and I will come do fab work for you, for free on this car!