Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2024, 11:46 AM   #1
D35TR0Y3R

Trader Rating: (0)
D35TR0Y3R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ebay s14 kouki head lights

has anybody either attempted, thought about or successfully succeeded in swapping the OEM glass and projector into an EBAY headlight assembly?

this is for the s14 Kouki light units.

reason: my oem headlights are in great condition however the black plastic is hacked up and broken, dont want to pay HOOPTY prices for OEM lights so i thought about buying cheap aftermarkets and swapping the OEM Glass and projectors and anything OEM Related to the cheap units.

any input is appreciated - good, bad, unexplainable, non related etc i understand that every action doesn't need a reaction.

thank you
D35TR0Y3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2024, 12:04 PM   #2
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
No it will not work. It's a totally different design inside the housing. You can do a projector retrofit with aftermarket projectors in those lights; however. I don't highly recommend it because the extra weight of the projector makes the light shaky when driving and space constraints make it challenging. I would search for some damaged headlights to put together to make yours whole, repair yours, or just pony up for nice OEM ones.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:13 PM   #3
D35TR0Y3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
No it will not work. It's a totally different design inside the housing. You can do a projector retrofit with aftermarket projectors in those lights; however. I don't highly recommend it because the extra weight of the projector makes the light shaky when driving and space constraints make it challenging. I would search for some damaged headlights to put together to make yours whole, repair yours, or just pony up for nice OEM ones.
that sucks. did not know they used a complete different design. was hoping swap the lens/glass out and call it a day save $500 or more. off course not, why should it be that simple lol.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:37 AM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
People used to take the plastic ebay kouki or zenki lenses (I forget which one) and use them on the OEM headlight with a retrofit projector like RX350, a custom cutoff shield with Denso ballasts and phillips bulbs for the best light spread I've ever seen from any vehicle. I think it was the zenki because the oem lenses have the wrong lines for a projector or something.

Anyways I don't think its very cost effective anymore because LED Have come so far. I popped some decent name brand LED bulbs into my oem headlight housing and its pretty good for what you pay compared to a total retrofit.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 07:22 AM   #5
D35TR0Y3R

in my case - i wanted to purchase eBay quality kouki s14 headlights > so i can swap over the OEM glass onto the eBay plastic frame.

i though it would work and save me some $ but im not so sure since the reply above states they are different.

the mounting frame on my oem units are hacked up and broken BUT the glass and inside are perfect which is why i was considering ordering the eBay ones just for the black plastic for mounting to chassis.