Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2018, 02:09 PM   #1
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Pic heavy) Saving a 200SX S13

Hi. Im pretty new here, but i want to share my history and my build with you.

About a year ago, i bought a Nissan 200SX S13 that was taken totally apart. previously ive had 3 other S13s, so i saw this as a great project.

As it was taken apart, i could see all the rust it had and it made it easier for me to actually make the decision to buy it or not.
My mechanic also accepted the purchase as he was the one to fix all the rust and rebuild the engine.

As you can see, it requires a lot of love. But luckely, im going all in on this build. Ill do as much as i can myself, and get help from my friends.

Anyway. First thing i did was to remove the subframe so i could get it cleaned up and installed new bushings.

It had a lot of surfacerust. So i handed it over to a local company to get it cleaned and painted.

I was lucky that my boss agreed to have the car at my workplace for some time (I work as a warehouse supervisor, so i was able to find an unused corner where i could park the car)

As a lot of other people, i wanted to go for the TypeX bodykit, so i ordered a komplete set from JDMBodyshop in poland.

I also bought a set of Japan Racing JR7 17x8 ET35 as they look fantastic with the TypeX kit.

After a lot of looking around on the car i found more rust. so the best thing to do would be to cut it out and remove it. This means my front fenders have to go and the same with the rear ones.
This gave me and excuse to buy wider fenders.
I ended up with 30mm in the front and 50mm in the back

The subframe and arms came back from the local shop and have been blasted and powdercoated. I wanted to go for a bronze/copper color, but they didnt have any i liked. So i went for a BMW grey color with a bit of flakes in the clear coat.

Its hard to catch with a camera, but here you get the idea:

Poly-bushings installed and i could put it all back together

It looks so wrong that the whole car looks shity, but the subframe looks like new. This might be the new ratlook :P
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links