Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #15691
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Besides trying to get a replacement part and installing it, would JB Weld best the best way to fix this?

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #15692
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
Besides trying to get a replacement part and installing it, would JB Weld best the best way to fix this?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...psf128fa8b.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps2f66cb99.jpg
Adhesion promoter on the break then superglue.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #15693
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Any help is appreciated! http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/549118...e-problem.html
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #15694
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
S14DB's suggestion bay work, but I'd be looking at the junkyards for the new handle as it's only going to break again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14j View Post
thats what i thought
but goddammit man its annoying sounds like a rusty door opening.
sigh..
Now that sounds more like a heim link. As before, spray them one at a time with PBlater or WD40 and then you can see which one is the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
something crazy is happening. When I put my e brake down it still is locked up! I have no idea what to do! help thanks
Is this from parking overnight or any time? Sometimes they'll stick on hingey calipers. You may need to give it a little extra gas to break them free.

If that doesn't work, see if the calipers compress back freely with the turn tool, and then check the cables to see if any are frozen/rusty/tore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black'N'proud View Post
Took my sr20 head to machine shop to have some work done to it. The hydraulic lifters sat in a bag for about a month. My question is, after bleeding the lifters should they be really stiff and not compress or should they have some play to them? I let all of the lifters sit in oil facing up for about 10 hours before I bled them. One of them I can compress with two fingers, the rest are solid and won't push down at all. Thanks for the help in advance.
Here is an ok video on how to flush and bleed them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz_hTDytbFo

The only thing is before you install them in your engine, refill another container with good oil, and just push the plunger down again until no air bubbles come out. As soon as you do that, drop it in the head. If at any time you turn the head upside down though (if it's on an engine stand or what not) you will need to rebleed them again.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #15695
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SR sr20 redtop into 89 240sx

I will have my sr20det redtop rebuild finished in about a week, is there anything I should know or do in general to make the engine run correctly? I will be running stock boost with a stock sr20det maf, gauge cluster, and O2 sensor, and the sr has new pumps, pistons ,rods ,and bearings. will it run correctly like this? is there anything I should check or do? I wired it up into the using the fr sport wiring guide so the wiring should be fine. I guess I have noob anxiety or something but I was just worried something wouldn't work right because its the sohc chassis. What should I watch?
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #15696
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Are the Blacktop Sr20 and Redtop Sr20 power steering pumps the same?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #15697
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Is this from parking overnight or any time? Sometimes they'll stick on hingey calipers. You may need to give it a little extra gas to break them free.

If that doesn't work, see if the calipers compress back freely with the turn tool, and then check the cables to see if any are frozen/rusty/tore.
Well I did the Z32 brake swap and put some brakes and left them on the car for a couple of days.

Anyways I tried your suggestion about putting some extra gas to free them and all I heard was grinding noise like it didn't want to move and I'm pretty sure the sound was coming from the front. Maybe the back which i'm really confused now

I also found out I was leaking on my left side where the z32 conversion line connects to the brake line.

Getting tired of this now...need my car for transportation. Any help is appreciated.

*Edit* Oh also when I change my gear from park to drive/reverse/neutral I don't have hold my brakes for that which is weird because I have always had to hold my brake to change gears.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #15698
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by A DOG 406 View Post
yes, you can also use a KA24DE pump, just change out the brackets.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #15699
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Adhesion promoter on the break then superglue.
Quote:
S14DB's suggestion bay work, but I'd be looking at the junkyards for the new handle as it's only going to break again.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will be looking for a piece at the junkyard eventually.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #15700
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
I will have my sr20det redtop rebuild finished in about a week, is there anything I should know or do in general to make the engine run correctly? I will be running stock boost with a stock sr20det maf, gauge cluster, and O2 sensor, and the sr has new pumps, pistons ,rods ,and bearings. will it run correctly like this? is there anything I should check or do? I wired it up into the using the fr sport wiring guide so the wiring should be fine. I guess I have noob anxiety or something but I was just worried something wouldn't work right because its the sohc chassis. What should I watch?
Timing seems to be the biggest battle for newbs with rebuilds. I also recommend doing a boost leak test prior to start up as all the little holes and fittings need to be plugged. Lastly I would say don't forget to prime the whole system (crank it a for lil 15-30 seconds a few times with the fuel pump fuse removed.)
Old 12-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #15701
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

what kind of car is this on?
Old 12-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #15702
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like you need to just replace the handle. No way super glue will hold...jb weld MAY hold for a little while but don't expect excellent results.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #15703
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
k I already have put assembly lube on all the bearings nd stuff so it should be alright. thanks for the advice dude
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #15704
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
89hatchman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do used Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors and circuit sport fuel rail run?
89hatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #15705
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a used s15 turbo never changed a turbo before, however all went well and I primed the turbo before starting let it idle for 15 minutes but there was a very small amount of white smoke. is that normal?
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #15706
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
So long as you followed the guides and FSM's, made sure timing was correct and you have no vacuum leaks, you should be good to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by A DOG 406 View Post
Yes. And as Hongsterrrrrrrr pointed out KA pumps work as well, just gotta take the brackets off and utilize the ones you have.

Quote:
Well I did the Z32 brake swap and put some brakes and left them on the car for a couple of days.

Anyways I tried your suggestion about putting some extra gas to free them and all I heard was grinding noise like it didn't want to move and I'm pretty sure the sound was coming from the front. Maybe the back which i'm really confused now

I also found out I was leaking on my left side where the z32 conversion line connects to the brake line.

Getting tired of this now...need my car for transportation. Any help is appreciated.

*Edit* Oh also when I change my gear from park to drive/reverse/neutral I don't have hold my brakes for that which is weird because I have always had to hold my brake to change gears.
The not needing the foot down thing to swap gears is very strange, but I unfortunately have no clue how the auto linkages and lockouts work in these cars.

As far as the brakes, pull the wheels and inspect. Metal to metal is no good, could have maybe put them in wrong or had a slider pop out too.

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will be looking for a piece at the junkyard eventually.
Or even ebay...those things are cheap on all cars anymore. YOu'll spend 1/2 to 3/4 the cost to replace it with 'shortcuts' rather than just fixing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post
What do used Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors and circuit sport fuel rail run?
Use the search feature to see what others have sold for. I do that all the time with stuff I wanna sell.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #15707
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:

taco, I got a '95 sitting in my driveway...well the back half minus a few parts..

If that interior door handle is common between most models as it appears to be(Sentra SER, 240SX to 98) I have what you need. I only need to remove it and send it.
$40 Shipped USPS Priority. If you want more than the handle, like the button, cup and any interior attaching hardware, we can negotiate. I'm in upper mid TN currently rebuilding my 96. This is my parts car
Old 12-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #15708
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
taco, I got a '95 sitting in my driveway...well the back half minus a few parts..

If that interior door handle is common between most models as it appears to be(Sentra SER, 240SX to 98) I have what you need. I only need to remove it and send it.
$40 Shipped USPS Priority. If you want more than the handle, like the button, cup and any interior attaching hardware, we can negotiate. I'm in upper mid TN currently rebuilding my 96. This is my parts car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyS14se View Post
what kind of car is this on?
This is actually on my mom's car lol. An '02-'03 Hyundai Elantra. Thanks for the offer Redline; I'll probably be looking on eBay too.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #15709
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Anyone know if these are S13 OEM mudflaps, and not just from some other Nissan? I've just never seen any S13 mudflaps with the Nissan logo on them.

Judging from the little curve cut on the bottom left one, I'm assuming they are and that one is the one that goes on the rear left by the exhaust.

But I just wanted to double check before I actually buy them.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #15710
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
The not needing the foot down thing to swap gears is very strange, but I unfortunately have no clue how the auto linkages and lockouts work in these cars.

As far as the brakes, pull the wheels and inspect. Metal to metal is no good, could have maybe put them in wrong or had a slider pop out too.
Well I found out that the caliper was hitting the rotors where that space is in between. Here's a picture so you have a better idea of what I'm talking about. http://importnut.net/240pics/brake_u...rcompare09.jpg

The space I'm talking about is where the guy is measuring at in the picture. The left side is actually grinding the rotor. I don't know if its on both side but I'll have to check tomarrow. Do you think thats why the car wont drive?

Also check this other thread I have, hopefully you can help me out. It may be another problem that might of caused my car not to drive and make grinding noises. http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/549118...e-problem.html
Old 12-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #15711
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Any kouki guys here? Looking for more information on these books in the trunk. Assuming they are from the factory.. I believe the books next to the nissan bag are the Owner's Manual and Warranty Information books if my eyes aren't deceiving me. More curious as to the book on the far right. I haven't seen this book before and was wondering what it was. Tried to ask the owner, but he hasn't replied yet. Thanks for the help
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #15712
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Will S13 4 lug rotors fit on an S14?
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #15713
Jesus_lopez405
Leaky Injector

Jesus_lopez405 is an unknown quantity at this point
LOOKING FOR REVIEWS ON THIS TIMING CHAIN RPM MACHINE
KA24DE Rebuild Kit, Performance Parts Turbo Rated
Jesus_lopez405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #15714
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm199 View Post
Will S13 4 lug rotors fit on an S14?
yes but they both need to be the same type (ex. both s13 & s14 will need to be non abs) something about the s14 abs rotors are different i forgot what it was though. in general they should be interchangeable.
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #15715
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

I have to check my measurments on my z32 calipers most likely I bought the wrong rotor size 30mm which I think I need 26mm rotors because I'm hearing grinding.

Anyways if that happens does anyone want to buy 2 30mm drilled/slotted rotors for z32? I'll sell them for $70 PM me if you're interested.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #15716
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_lopez405 View Post
LOOKING FOR REVIEWS ON THIS TIMING CHAIN RPM MACHINE
KA24DE Rebuild Kit, Performance Parts Turbo Rated
Chain may be OK. But, a lot of the aftermarket kits use powder metal timing gears. I would only use a OEM kit. Not saving much going aftermarket.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #15717
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Found out one of my calipers are 30mm aluminum while the other one is 26mm aluminum. And that's why my car was not moving, because I was using 30mm rotors on the 26mm caliper and it was stuck.

Is having 2 different caliper sizes bad for the car? As long as I have the right rotor for each caliper it wont do anything wrong would it? Thanks

Last edited by acslater9; 12-30-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #15718
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Found out one of my calipers are 30mm aluminum while the other one is 26mm aluminum. And that's why my car was not moving, because I was using 30mm rotors on the 26mm caliper and it was stuck.

Is having 2 different caliper sizes bad for the car? As long as I have the right rotor for each caliper it wont do anything wrong would it? Thanks
Basics of handling, stopping 101:
Rule #1: All corners must retain equal balance and force to handle and stop correctly

Explanation: Each corner of the car must balance out on either side of the axle, and diagonally across it's length. This means that the brakes must be balanced on each side of the axle in weight, size, and performance level(on the diagonal, an average of 60% front biased force). Shocks and springs must be the same at all four corners

To answer your question: You need to get either 2 30mm rotors, or 2 26mm rotors, and insure that the pads are equal on each brake and that each rotor is the same weight
Old 12-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #15719
Confuzedd
Leaky Injector

Confuzedd is an unknown quantity at this point
My window wont go back up on the driver side. The Nissan dealership told me its 380 to replace the motor.......anything I can do to fix it ? It could even be the switc, I have no clue why its not working.
Confuzedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #15720
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzedd View Post
My window wont go back up on the driver side. The Nissan dealership told me its 380 to replace the motor.......anything I can do to fix it ? It could even be the switc, I have no clue why its not working.
Hold the button pressed while you close the door somewhat hard. Works for me. I've been doing it that way for a year now haha
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote