Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #31
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
bigger pics!!
the car looks GOOD!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #32
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nice to see a build thread not funded by mommy daddy.

+ 1 for you for funding it the old fashion way.
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #33
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
hotnessss
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #34
low and slow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
low and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subscribed.

And +1 to bigger pics!
low and slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #35
drift_student
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drift_student will become famous soon enoughdrift_student will become famous soon enoughdrift_student will become famous soon enoughdrift_student will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mike, the car looks fricken awesome in the daylight, good choice with the color. I want a ride in it when it's done.
drift_student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #36
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the car turned out pretty good! keep up the good work!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #37
Jgrand03
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
need some more pics looks really clean man good job and nice setup
Jgrand03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #38
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

sa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. Yea, this project has been a pain in the ass and definately is taking longer than expected. But in the end I believe it is well worth it. Still have a little ways to go, and oh most definately there will be bigger pics in a little while. Yea Drifter Mike I'll give you a ride when she's insured,inspected, and registered.
sa3reghatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #39
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

sa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the roughsa3reghatch is a jewel in the rough
Well, my project will be on hold until further notice due to the unexpected passing of my father on new years eve. My mom is devastated and I need to be there for her and my lil bro. She needs someone to go through all the paperwork and make arrangements for everything that needs to be paid off. He was a honest, hard working, good man and he will be missed dearly.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #40
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ah man
so sorry to hear that
best wishes in this times

ps: i never read your thread because i hate sil80s.
but your shit is awesome. +++++++ so cool!
there IS hope for a sil80 owner!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #41
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That's all bad.
Best of luck to you and everyone who knew him.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #42
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the condolences fellas. Definately one of the hardest times I have ever been through.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #43
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
ah man
so sorry to hear that
best wishes in this times

ps: i never read your thread because i hate sil80s.
but your shit is awesome. +++++++ so cool!
there IS hope for a sil80 owner!

LOL, i've always loved sil80's. You just have to put a kit on it that kinda squares out the whole body so it flows with the boxy S13 front, and then sil80's are pure SEX!!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #44
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Dyno update!
Just did a base run, fine tuning with a SAFC and wideband will be done in 2 weeks. Since I only got one pull, I didnt get to turn the boost up to what the ECU is tuned for(1.3 bar or 19lbs). Just ran it for what the MBC was at, which was 0.9 bar(13lbs). Pretty satisfied with the results. I think the record for a twin scroll gt3071R on a SR20det is 440 hp/385lbs TQ, but that is with a full standalone,larger throttle body,and different cams and intake manifold. I'm aiming for high 300's-low 400's hp and 300lbs+ TQ. May have to go with different cams, guess I'll find out in a few weeks. These are 93 octane pump gas runs. Pic is a little small but reads 300hp and 278lbs TQ at 0.9 Bar. I compared it to the dyno graph of a Twin scroll gt3071R on Full-race's website and seems to be on point.

Here she is all strapped down and ready to roll!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #45
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
The intake manifold should help you more on top... naturally, you'll want to do at least 256's to help that top end torque - Steve Shadows runs a similar setup with 264 Step 2's on in/ex and had done very well... hit him up for some tips - just don't tell him you're tuning with a ROM tune/SAFC

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #46
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
yeah for having one pull and basically no tune, thats not a bad number to start out with.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #47
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
The intake manifold should help you more on top... naturally, you'll want to do at least 256's to help that top end torque - Steve Shadows runs a similar setup with 264 Step 2's on in/ex and had done very well... hit him up for some tips - just don't tell him you're tuning with a ROM tune/SAFC

LOL, maybe standalone in the later future. I'm a little clueless when it comes to cam profiles. I'm definately not liking how the torque starts to drop off. Guess I'm looking for mid-high range, can sacrifice low-end some.
Any suggestions?? 264 step 1's are what I am running now.
Gonna pick up a spare SR head, get some porting done, upgrade the valvetrain, and go with a different set of cams is what I'm looking at doing.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #48
miami-z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
miami-z is making his/her stupidity well-knownmiami-z is making his/her stupidity well-knownmiami-z is making his/her stupidity well-knownmiami-z is making his/her stupidity well-knownmiami-z is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey man bad ass project! which origin kit did you install? thinking of going sil80 myself.
miami-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #49
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami-z View Post
hey man bad ass project! which origin kit did you install? thinking of going sil80 myself.
Origin Stream kit.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #50
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
very nice project.
how long did it take yoiu?
+1 for you on clean car.

^^^click^^^
bo2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #51
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo2o View Post
very nice project.
how long did it take yoiu?
+1 for you on clean car.
taken me about a year and a half when its all said and done.
Thanks 4 the compliments.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #52
kyo_kun187
Leaky Injector

kyo_kun187 has made poor choiceskyo_kun187 has made poor choiceskyo_kun187 has made poor choiceskyo_kun187 has made poor choiceskyo_kun187 has made poor choiceskyo_kun187 has made poor choiceskyo_kun187 has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to kyo_kun187
Bump for sweet ride!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #53
sa3reghatch
Zilvia Junkie

Well, good and bad news. After changing out the plugs, I took her to the dyno this morning.
Good news is AFR's are healthy now and car runs smooth like butter(idles high though), oh yea and 337 hp and 311 lbs ft tq at 1.1 bar(16 psi). So thats a improvement of 37 hp and 22 lbs ft TQ at 3psi more.
Bad news is that no matter how much I turned the boost controller up, it doesnt seem to boost more. It spikes to 1.3 bar(19psi) and tapers down and holds at 1.1 bar(16lbs).

So, I still need 4psi more to go, but the boost controller isnt going up anymore. Looks like I need to change the spring(s) in my wastegate and then hook the boost controller back up in order to hit my target of 20-21 psi.
So, according to the info I have from the dyno, seems I pick up a little more than 12hp and 7lbs ft TQ per 1 psi. So in theory 4 more psi should net me 48-50hp more and 28-30lbs ft TQ, which will put me right around what I was hoping for(385-390hp and 335-340lbs ft TQ).