Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 11-04-2002, 06:04 AM   #1
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
i juss thought of an idea, i dunno if you can pull it off [with the very new knowledge i have of programming unlike our programming leaders]

its something along the lines like "my links" or "my smilies" section etc.. basically, it would be a button next to the "Image" "Flash" etc buttons that you click on and you have links that are readily there that you can use a lot. for example, you can refer to threads, certain articles. and u can customize it to ur liking! i thought of it becuz i see people use lil pictures from other sites etc..

i understand if this thing cant be pulled off, but i thought it would be koo. if not anything else, it would be VERY useful for guys who hate to repeat things becuz newbies ask question that are asked millions of times w/o searching. and also you would be able to rename the thread so you know wat was the main point of it all. like for example. if the thread was named "AEM vs INJEN" and it showed dyno graphs you wanted to see you could rename it to "AEM vs INJEN - dyno graphs"

hope you understand wat im tryin to say..it would be pulling up a lil screen, and you would be able to add either links of pictures off site, or any type of link etc. varying from pics of ppls cars, links of sites to buy stuff, links to old threads. etc. etc..

its omething like dat dunno if you all understand

OR

where at the beginning of the thread you have a lil button called "Mark" and also have a link called "My Bookmarks" or something like that at the reply section. and when you click the "Mark" button it will add it to Bookmarks.. and so when a newbie ask a question that is been answered many times and besides saying "SEARCH!" all the time u click that "My Bookmarks" link on the side of the reply or anywhere you wanna put it and a lil window will pop up showing all the links you have marked in ur bookmark. and to paste the link you juss click a lil button and it inserts the link into the reply box

i think that would be a neet idea, saves time rather than looking thru the search function and having threads returned to us that doesnt even deal wiht wat your looking for

both are somewat the same, juss one better explained??

basically..i think its a nice tool and would be useful, all you would have to do is search thru all the threads ONCE and bookmark it. so if a newbie comes and ask a topic that has been talked about many times already all you need to do is pull up to the "add reply" part click the bookmarks button and click that lil button that copys and paste it ready for you already in the reply box..like a clip board or something like dat

be very fast and easy..rather than looking over again to try and find a post for the newbie to read or having ppl post "do a search" then having others reply back to you by saying "if your not gonna psto anything that has info dont post at all"

Thanks!
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2002, 02:47 PM   #2
gabossie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
gabossie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good idea, I hope it's possible. Maybe it will be when everything is switched to VB.

If ignorance is bliss, then you, my friend, are having an orgasm as we speak.

Quote:
If something breaks, it needed replacing anyway -chickenmanq
Todays Faith in Human Kind:Low
gabossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 03:40 PM   #3
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Trader Rating: (0)
Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We can change topic names... look above!  
Anyway, why does everyone think that VB is the answer to everything?  It might be, but I don't know anything about it.
Finally, that idea might be a bandwidth suction.  I dont know, but it just seems like it would.  It would be easier for you to save smilies on a website and link to them.
-Jeff
Old 11-04-2002, 04:39 PM   #4
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
whoa, nice title change!! haha well not only smilies but also threads like stated above, i know changing to VB will be the solution but i dunno i dont know shit about forums or about bandwidth, i was thinking it might suck up all the bandwidth
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote