Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
David B S12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
David B S12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5 years Slideways around Old Dominion Speedway: 11/10/12 Last ODS event ever.

I was losing my liscense when i was 16, decided to say fuck it, and attended my first Slidewaysonline.com ODS event circa 2007.. I was just introduced into drifting about a month before and owned a clean 1986 nissan 200sx, my first car.
The event was 50$ and i had two spare wheels to burn up, i wasnt going to be on the road much longer so from my view it seemed pretty safe to try it out even if i screwed anything up. I went out with my 93 hp/open diff and gave it all i could haha, had such a blast and though it probally sucked i knew that this was way more intense over skating or anything ive ever done.
From that day on i was sent on a rampage, made everything in my life drift & drift & drift, bought a second 200 and ended up putting 7 motors in it over the course of 4 or so years including a vvti 1jzgte...
This track made it happen for me, this community made it happen.. inspiring people and awesome motherfuckers just made everything worth doing, got me into Drift Nirvana @ Summit Point which i now coordinate with a few other drivers to this day, and has pretty much guided me into a life with passion, and meaning.
Old Dominion Speedway is getting torn down soon, so our last slideways event out of the so many years its been going was held this past saturday... fucking great ass turnout, around 35 or so drivers showed up (thats alot for oval drifting in manassas!)..
Just wanted to tribute one of the coolest beat down oval tracks i ever drove, and you will be missed by many. So many good times, even test & tune when i used to hit that shit up... RIP ODS you will be missed... though i am excited to see whats up with the new dominion track they are building not too far away in a few years.

Got some media/footage driving my vvti 1jz powered S14 chassis for the first time out there. it was a damn blast!! I drove my hardest and went all out to show my passion for this bumpy ass circle. What an awesome time!!! Glad that most of our regulars & other drivers from summit and elswhere came out to throw down too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=2E7MYHd9ZEY&feature=player_embedded

heres a short & sweet gallery of other cars there
Old Dominion Speedway - a set on Flickr
thanks for checking this out, ill upload any more media that comes up
David B S12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Cool story bro?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fuck yeah David, I remember reading through your build thread on cs12 ever since you had the single slammer KA in it and taking to rip around this track.
Over heating and beating the fuck out of it wasn't even enough to kill it hahaha.

True inspiration, keep it up and RIP ODS.
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I wish our damn oval out here in Langley had an in-field like ODS.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Cool story bro?
Lol Florida.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Lol Florida.
He's actually right, this shit doesnt belong in CHAT since we have a Regional Section. Dont think anybody outside of VA and MD gives a fuck about this.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
He's actually right, this shit doesnt belong in CHAT since we have a Regional Section. Dont think anybody outside of VA and MD gives a fuck about this.

I care...but only because I used to live in manassas. I remember going to Bug Out at ods as well.
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Moved to Regional.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
gambit420s
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
gambit420s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Dont think anybody outside of VA and MD gives a fuck about this.

While I never went to ODS, It always saddens me to see a track shut down. I guess ODS is moving?
Either way, I have lost both of the racetracks that I spent my childhood at;

The old Richmond State Fairgrounds short track, a small dirt track next to Richmond Raceway that was demoed for more parking back in the late 80's. Almost every Wednesday night, my father and me would get a giant bag of inshell peanuts and go watch the flat track races.

and Atomic Speedway in TN, a 1/3 mile dirt oval that closed in 06, and is now a truck terminal. I was a little older when I started going to this track, it really got me into cars from motorcycles, especially cars going sideways.

It sucks you're losing a track, They have brought so much joy to so many people. Whenever I travel I try to hit up local tracks even if it is just to spectate.

Ps check out this thread on VWVortex, http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...andoned-Tracks, It is a 22page thread about abandoned/closed tracks