Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #11
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...no one said you suck?

He stated that a reasonable mark-up for time spent and services is totally understandable.

He was speculating that someone bought parts from you (for a decent price) and then marked them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Huh?

No man, you are more than reasonable and I am happy to have done business with you a few times.

That's not all all what I was intending man. I am more leaning to scalpers like what Dorki and Dizzariot pointed out, not someone who brings good deals and is a LEGIT seller for sourcing this stuff.

Sorry if you took it that way. Happy with everything I have bought from you, you have offered MORE than fair pricing IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Mav, you're doing good. Like others have said, I don't see what drifter-M is stating applying to you at all.

I'm only sourcing parts because 1) I know how to source them, and 2) I fully intend to do this as a way to supplement my income, i.e. I'm doing this entirely for profit.

I think what it ultimately comes down to is what is a good flip and what is a bad one... people can buy real estate, stock, or some other investment instrument, flip it for a large profit, and be perfectly with that, but for some reason when it comes to things we hold sentimental value to it somehow violates every moral code every car person has ever seen? Maybe I'm the minority here, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

That's what I was getting at. I have no interest in flipping parts, especially used parts, but I also don't care that people do it (as a hobby or as a source of income).

They can do whatever they want. I also don't understand why people pay absurd prices for sneakers, but I have a friend who bought a $700k house last year after cashing out ALL of his collection.

To each their own. I flipped this clutch for 3x what I paid for in ~2005 after sitting on it for 3 years:

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=202395

As I tell every single person that wants to have a conversation about this, "caveat emptor".

P.S. If someone wants to buy parts from me and then resell, then they take the risk of that transaction. If the prices go up and there's enough money for a markup/flip, more power to them. The market can also collapse later this year and used parts pricing implode along with it, so any type of "flip" involves assuming risk on the part of the purchaser/investor. If we all have the power of hindsight, none of us would be here (or let Zilvia constantly die)

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote