Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #151
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
They do continue to cut down trees everyday and thats not cool. It would not be to hard to start major hemp farms now considering that the fallowing states already grow hemp VT, HI, ND, MT, MN, IL, VA, NM, CA, AR, KY, MD, WV. 1 acre of hemp is equal to 4.1 acres of trees and hemp plastic panels impact strength is 10 times stronger then steel says popular mechanics. I did some more research on hemp. IMO hemp would be 1000 times better then trees
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #152
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
They do continue to cut down trees everyday and thats not cool. It would not be to hard to start major hemp farms now considering that the fallowing states already grow hemp VT, HI, ND, MT, MN, IL, VA, NM, CA, AR, KY, MD, WV. 1 acre of hemp is equal to 4.1 acres of trees and hemp plastic panels impact strength is 10 times stronger then steel says popular mechanics. I did some more research on hemp. IMO hemp would be 1000 times better then trees
Why is cutting down trees not cool? It is a necessity at this point for the entire world not just the United States. Like I said unless you plan on building houses of a hemp, logging will always be a business. With the logging comes the paper making among other things. They remove trees not just for paper though, what about creating land for expansion, the house YOU live in is for all intensive perposes built on land harvested from trees! Think about it. So your logic is we should stop cutting down trees to grow Hemp to create an alternate paper, clothings, and plastic panels? What about all the NEW factories that would have to built to process these materials? What about all the people who have jobs that would be lost with the removal of paper companies? Even as a new company Hemp processing plants would not be dumb. Most of the paper employees would have been there for a substantial amount of time, think they will get a job at the Hemp plant for the same wage? I severly doubt it. I completely agree that in the long run Hemp probably makes more sense, but just because something makes sense does NOT mean it will work.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #153
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
I am addicted to tobacco. Its bad, you get the cold shivers, sweats, your on edge... if you havent had a puff in a day or 2. So I agree, tobacco is the devil. It kills, no doubt about it. Im sure if I smoked as much weed as I have tobacco, however, I'd be brain dead long before lung cancer killed me lol.

I guarantee it will be legal one day... Its just a matter of time.

you would not be brain dead.

some of the smartest most successful people in the world smoke marijuana and their brains are fine along with everyone else.
drftmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #154
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftmark View Post

some of the smartest most successful people in the world smoke marijuana and their brains are fine along with everyone else.
The problem with this arguement is that the successful are FAR out weighed by the NON successful. Along with some of the "smartest most successful people" are some of the dumbest most un-successful people. You also don't differentiate between the habitual smokers and the people who HAVE smoked. To me there is a large difference between somebody who smokes once a month and somebody who smokes everyday (to go along with your super successful people). Any honest debate with successful versus un-successful is a waste of time because whats "successful" to you may not be the same to me. Also if you really wanted to prove your point post a list of names with the quantity or frequency with which they smoke.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #155
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Quote:

Just as Sleepy240 stated, just because there are successful people that do smoke, does not mean anything.

Over many years of consumption it could lead to some kind of memory loss, paranoia and other side effects (i know there are worse side effects im just not going to list them, you get the point).

Their have been studies that have shown though that marijuana can in SOME cases stimulate the brain. However, like many have said before, EVERYONE is different. I smoke and I relax, play guitar, write some songs, play xbox or work on my car. Just because I can be productive in life while I have smoked marijuana doesnt mean Joe Smoe next to me will be the same
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #156
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Why is cutting down trees not cool? It is a necessity at this point for the entire world not just the United States. Like I said unless you plan on building houses of a hemp, logging will always be a business. With the logging comes the paper making among other things. They remove trees not just for paper though, what about creating land for expansion, the house YOU live in is for all intensive perposes built on land harvested from trees! Think about it. So your logic is we should stop cutting down trees to grow Hemp to create an alternate paper, clothings, and plastic panels? What about all the NEW factories that would have to built to process these materials? What about all the people who have jobs that would be lost with the removal of paper companies? Even as a new company Hemp processing plants would not be dumb. Most of the paper employees would have been there for a substantial amount of time, think they will get a job at the Hemp plant for the same wage? I severly doubt it. I completely agree that in the long run Hemp probably makes more sense, but just because something makes sense does NOT mean it will work.

Yes, not everything will work and yes I do think it is bad for how much we are cutting down trees. I personally live in a cement house only the wood is a roof frame and a couple other things. There are tons of things hemp can be used for then besides those 3 things. We can open alot of hemp factories and still keep lumber factories. I think we should just start going towards something else something smarter.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #157
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
Yes, not everything will work and yes I do think it is bad for how much we are cutting down trees. I personally live in a cement house only the wood is a roof frame and a couple other things. There are tons of things hemp can be used for then besides those 3 things. We can open alot of hemp factories and still keep lumber factories. I think we should just start going towards something else something smarter.
You have not really answered the question though. What is wrong with cutting down the trees? It has been done for HUNDREDS of years. And if your house is made of cement than you must live somewhere weird. Everywhere I have ever seen used lumber to frame the walls, especially the interior, and the roofs, with the exception of metal studs in office buildings and the like. My main thing was even if your house is infact made of cement the land it is built on was likely a forest at one time. Luckily we were able to harvest the trees and create land for expansion giving you a place to live. There are TONS of things the lumber is used for besides just lumber and paper. To be 100% honest I really do not see a whole lot of benefits to growing hemp vs harvesting trees.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #158
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.350Gt View Post
smoke weed everyday!!
Fail... Did mommy forget to lock the computer while she walked away?

Comments like this are the reason marijuana has such a negative stereotype.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #159
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The problem with this arguement is that the successful are FAR out weighed by the NON successful. Along with some of the "smartest most successful people" are some of the dumbest most un-successful people. You also don't differentiate between the habitual smokers and the people who HAVE smoked. To me there is a large difference between somebody who smokes once a month and somebody who smokes everyday (to go along with your super successful people). Any honest debate with successful versus un-successful is a waste of time because whats "successful" to you may not be the same to me. Also if you really wanted to prove your point post a list of names with the quantity or frequency with which they smoke.

The fact that there are numerous "dumbest most un-successful people" should just be known. Just because they are dumb and un-successful does not mean that marijuana made them this way. There are dumb people in the world no matter what.

I am not saying that the "successful people" are successful BECAUSE they smoked pot. It is not like it made them successful. I was just merely saying that you can smoke pot and be successful, and not fall in the social stigma category of "pot heads" all being brain dead no bodies as many people portray them to be.

I hate to clutter the thread with this long list, but here you go. I did not make this it is a post from another forum. Also it would be very hard to get people to disclose how much they smoked and how often.... because it is illegal...

• Abbie Hoffman
• Abraham Lincoln. On a Hohner box cover but disputed.
• Al Gore.
• Aldous Huxley
• Aleister Crowley
• Alexander Dumas
• Alice B. Toklas
• Allen Ginsberg. Poet.
• Alexis Korner. Musician.
• Andy Warhol. Artist.
• Annita Roddock. Founder 'The Body Shop'.
• Anjelica Huston. Hollywood actress. Jack Nicholson's girlfriend for 17 years. Pro-drug statements by her in Peter McWilliams book, 'Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do: The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in Our Free Country'.
• Arthur Conan Doyle. Author, creator 'Sherlock Holmes'.
• Aswad. Musicians.
• Beatles.
• Bill Clinton.
• Bill Gates. Not confirmed, just very strongly hinted at in the Playboy interview
• Bill Murray Arrested for possession
• Bob Denver.
• Bob Dylan. Poet, singer, song writer.
• Bob Marley. Poet, singer, song writer.
• The Bishop of Monmouth.
• Brian Eno. Singer, song writer. Signed 'Independent' list.
• Boy George.
• Brad Pitt
• British Lords & MP's - too many to list .
• Buddy Rich.
• Cab Calloway. Jazz musician.
• Carl Sagan. Author.
• Caroline Coon. Artist, founder 'Release', manager of the Clash.
• Carl Segan . Author.
• Carlos Santana. Musician, guitarist.
• Carrie Fischer.
• Cary Grant.
• Cary Mullis. Nobel Laurate, Biology
• Charles Beaudelaire
• Charles Dickens. Claims but no evdience.
• Cheech Marin.
• Chris Armstrong. Footballer, tested positive.
• Chris Conrad.
• Chris Farley. 60's singer.
• Chris Rock.
• Conan O'Brian.
• Count Basie. Jazz legend.
• Dame Ruth Runsiman. Author; Police Federation Report (March 2000) advising liberlization.
• Dave Gilmour . Musician ; Pink Floyd.
• Dave 'Tinki Winky' Thompson - TV personality (UK); the Tellie Tubbie that was sacked.
• Diego Rivera.
• Dion Fortune.
• Dioscorides.
• Dizzy Gillespie.
• Douglas Adams. Author.
• Dr Francis Crick. Nobel Prize winner.
• Dr Lester Grinspoon.
• Dr Mark Porter. TV doctor who says cannabis is not more harmful than alcohol.
• Dr Anne Biezanek (authoress)
• Dr R.D.Laing.
• Dr John Marks
• Dr W.B. O'Shaugnessy.
• Drew Barrymore.
• Duke Ellington.
• Eddie Ellison. Ex head of Scotland Yard Drug Squad.
• Edgar Allen Poe. Author, multi-drug user.
• Elvis Presley. Singer, FBI informer.
• Emperor Liu Chi-nu.
• Emperor Shen-Nung.
• Ernest Hemmingway. Author.
• Errol Flynn.
• Fela Kuti. Musician. Afro/jazz king.
• Felix Dennis. Publisher.
• Fitz Hugh Ludlow.
• Fran Healey. Musician; Travis.
• Francis Ford Coppella.
• Francis Rabelais.
• Francis Wilkinson. Ex Chief Constable of Gwent Police.
• Fredreich Nietzshe.
• Ganesh - Hindu God.
• Gary Johnson.
• Gene Krupa.
• George Clinton. Ex President's brother.
• George W Bush. Possibly the greatest living hypocrite.
• George Gurdjieff.
• George Melly. Jazz musician (early sponsor of Legalise Cannabis Campaign, Uk).
• George Michael. Singer.
• George Washington.
• George Soros.
• Gerard de Nerval.
• Gilberto Gil. Brazilian musical icon.
• The Greatful Dead.
• Hasan I-Sabah.
• Heinrich Khunrath.
• Helen Petrova Blavatsky.
• Henri Michaux.
• Herman Hesse.
• Hiero the Second.
• Howard Marks. Author, cannabis smuggller.
• Howard Stern, Admitted it on the radio.
• Hua T'o.
• Hunter S. Thompson. Smoked weed and snorted coke with George Bush.
• Ian Botham. Convicted Cricket legend.
• Irvine Welsh.
• Kurt Cobain.
• Jabir Ibn el-Hayyan.
• Jack Herer. Author 'The Emporor Wears No Cloths'
• Jack Kerouac. Author ' On the Road'.
• Jack Nicholson. Film actor.
• Jackie Gleason.
• Jackson Pollock.
• Jane Fonda. Actress.
• James Brown. Singer, song writer.
• Janis Joplin. Singer, song writer.
• Jesse 0Ventura.
• Jerry Lee Lewis. Musician, song writer.
• Jimmy Dorsey.
• Jimmy Hendrix. Rock guitarist, singe, song writer
• Jim Morrison. Musician, songwriter; The Doors.
• Joan of Arc. Accused of using 'witch herbs' (another name for cannabis).
• Joan Rivers.
• Joe Strummer. Musician, singer, songer writer; The Clash.
• John Belushi.
• John Denver.
• John F Kennedy. Popular US president (assassinated).
• John Keats. Poet.
• John Lennon. Musician, song writer; The Beatles.
• John Le Mesurier. Tried it but said it's not for him.
• Johnny Cash.
• John Peel. DJ, BBC broadcaster.
• John Sinclair.
• Judge John L. Kane. Chief Judge from the US District Court
• Julie Christie. Actress.
• Jules Verne.
• John Wayne. 'I tried it once but it didn't do anything to me.'
• Kelsey Grammar.
• Ken Livingston. Mayor of London - supports decriminalisation but does not smoke or support the use of recreational drugs.
• Kirk Douglas. Actor.
• Kurt Cobain.
• Larry Adler. Harmonica player and
friend of George Gershwin. May have written a song about it.
• Lenny Bruce. Comedian.
• Lewis Carroll. Author 'Alice in Wonderland'.
• Linda St Clair
• Little Richard. Musician.
• Lord Avebury.
• Lord Byron. Poet.
• Lord Deedes.
• Lord Tony Gifford. QC, civil rights lawyer.
• Louis Armstrong. 'Oh what a wonderful world'.
• Louis Hebert.
• Mark Thomas . Comedian.
• Marlon Brando. Actor.
• Martin Sheen.
• Mary Shelly. Author 'Frankinstein'.
• Mary Tyler Moore.
• Megan Fox
• Mick Jagger. Singer, song writer, The Rolling Stones.
• Michael Mansfield QC. Lawyer.
• Jade Jagger.
• JC 100. Fastest rapper in the west.
• JT Moore. Legendary white rasta guitarist.
• Mike Tyson.
• Miles Davis. Jazz/rock drummer.
• Mo Mowlan. Genuine honest politician.
• Modigliani. Sculptor.
• Montgomery Clift. Mentioned in his biography.
• Neil Diamond.
• Nick Hornby. Author.
• Niel Young. Musician.
• Norman Mailer. Author.
• Oasis. Rock band.
• Oliver Stone.
• Oscar Wilde. Poet.
• Pablo Picasso. Artist.
• Pancho Villa. Mexican bandit revolutionary.
• Paul Flynn. Uk Member of Parliament.
• Paul McCartney. Musician, song writer; The Beatles.
• Paul Simon. Musician, song writer.
• Pharoahs of Egypt. Traces in body samples.
• Phil Donohue.
• Phil Tufnell. Former test cricketer, now media celeb.
• Peter Fonda. Actor; 'Easy Rider'.
• Peter Sellers. Actor, comedian.
• Peter Tosh. Musician.
• Philip K. Dick. Science fiction author.
• Pierre Burton.
• Pierre Elliot Trudeau.
• Pink Floyd; Syd Barret and Roger Waters.
• Prince Charles. Heir to the Throne. Quoted while visiting a hospital; 'I understand cannabis is good for medical use' .
• Prince William.
• Prince Harry.
• Pythagoras.
• Queen Arnegunde.
• Queen Victoria. Used it for medical purposes.
• Ram Dass.
• Ray Charles. Musician.
• Rev Kenneth Leech.
• Richard Branson. 'Virgin'. Entreprenur.
• Richard Feynman, Nobel Prize Laureate physicist, founder of quantum electrodynamics.
• Richard Prior.
• Richard Wilson. Actor; 'One Foot in the Grave'.
• Rimbaud. Author.
• Robert Burns. Mentioned it in a poem.
• Robert 'King' Carter. Grower.
• Robert Anton Wilson. Author.
• Robert Mitchum. Jailed 90 days for possession of marijuana, 1949.
• Roger McGough. 60's liverpool poet.
• Rolling Stones. Rock band.
• Ronnie Scot. Jazz club owner, musician, busted on stage 1958, at his club in Soho, London.
• S Club 7. 'Super clean' pop band, busted in Soho, very embarrassing.
• Salvador Dali. Artist.
• Samuel Beckett.
• Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Poet.
• Shen Nung. One of the fathers of Chinese medicine. 2700 B.C .
• Sinead O'Connor. Singer.
• Sidi-Hidi.
• Sigmun Freud. Shrink.
• Sonny Bono.
• Super Furry Animals. Welsh band who wrote a song about Howard Marks.
• Stephen King.
• Sting/Gordon Sumners.
• Tariq Ali. Activist Writer.
• Tenessee Williams. Author.
• Terence McKenna. Author.
• Terry Gilliam. Actor, comedian;Monty Python.
• The Who. Rock band.
• Thelonius Monk.
• Thomas Jefferson.
• Timothy Leary.
• Tom Lehrer.
• Top Tories. Senior members of the shadow cabinet.
• Tony Elliot. Publisher, 'Time Out.
• Tracy Blevins. Artist.
• Tuppy Gore.
• UB40. Band.
• Victor Hugo.
• Vincent Van Gogh. Artist.
• Walt Disney. Cartoonist.
• Walter Benjamin.
• Whitney Houstonn. Busted at Hawaii airport but ran away.
• William Burroughs. Author, poet, artist.
• Will Self. Author. Did smack on Blairs plane.
• William Shakespeare. Playwright.
• William Straw. UK Home Sec Jack Straw's son. Cautioned for supplying undercover journalists in pub 'shocker'.
• Willie Nelson.
• Winston Churchill. British Prime Minister, poet, artist & multi drug user.
• Woody Harrelson. Actor. Features in a book on growing medical marijuana .
• Zoroaster. Persian prophet.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #160
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
The fact that there are numerous "dumbest most un-successful people" should just be known. Just because they are dumb and un-successful does not mean that marijuana made them this way. There are dumb people in the world no matter what.

I am not saying that the "successful people" are successful BECAUSE they smoked pot. It is not like it made them successful. I was just merely saying that you can smoke pot and be successful, and not fall in the social stigma category of "pot heads" all being brain dead no bodies as many people portray them to be.

I hate to clutter the thread with this long list, but here you go. I did not make this it is a post from another forum. Also it would be very hard to get people to disclose how much they smoked and how often.... because it is illegal...
I am not going to bother quoting the list because that is a waste of time. So basically you have posted a bunch of vomit that means nothing? I am very confused as to your point of this list. If your point is just disprove the stigma that has already been done, the only reason the stigma exsists is because there are FAR MORE unsuccessful marijuana smokers than "successful" marijuana smokers. I think we have already established that just because you smoke marijuana you are not a "pot head". Also I can easily go copy and paste a list of successful people with marijuana and I am VERY (100% confident) you find more successful NON smokers than smokers. And to be 100% clear I don't feel this list is a good way to convey your point since I just skimmed the list, it included people who have "eluded" to smoking before, and people are just plain a bad example. I would thoroughly suggest you read a list before you just copy and paste it from a forum. Also some of your list would definitely QUALIFY into the "Pot head" stigma among other addictions (just as an example Bob Marley & Kurt Cobain).
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #161
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
The people you are describing and "hanging out" with are exactly the reason marijuana will never be legalized. "Hotboxing" a car certainly is not giving you any credibility. It is the people who ABUSE the substance that ruin it for everyone else. I do not smoke and won't, but for the people who do you can thank your fellow "potheads" for giving everyone a bad name.
I don't care what other teenagers do.

They aren't giving me a bad name, they are contributing to a stereotype that holds a lot of merit. Such is life.

I'm just saying, I have never in my life felt any different from being around people smoking.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #162
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
I don't care what other teenagers do.

They aren't giving me a bad name, they are contributing to a stereotype that holds a lot of merit. Such is life.

I'm just saying, I have never in my life felt any different from being around people smoking.
Thats where you are VERY wrong. You should care what other teenagers do, because they are what lead to problems. It is the same with cars, in a respect. Because some jackass teenager wants to do donuts in a parking lot all the Imports get cracked down on, its simple cause and effect. When a bunch of kids get high and do something stupid guess what? It makes everybody who smokes look that much worse. Everytime a street racing punk kills somebody it makes ALL of us look bad. I hope you can see the correlation here. And thats great that YOU have never gotten a secondary high, does that mean it does not or could not happen? I am sure YOU do not have cancer, but does that mean cancer does not exist? The answer to both questions is NO.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #163
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Thats where you are VERY wrong. You should care what other teenagers do, because they are what lead to problems.
I gave up on humanity in 5th grade at the San Juan Capistrano Mission.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #164
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I am not going to bother quoting the list because that is a waste of time. So basically you have posted a bunch of vomit that means nothing? I am very confused as to your point of this list. If your point is just disprove the stigma that has already been done, the only reason the stigma exsists is because there are FAR MORE unsuccessful marijuana smokers than "successful" marijuana smokers. I think we have already established that just because you smoke marijuana you are not a "pot head". Also I can easily go copy and paste a list of successful people with marijuana and I am VERY (100% confident) you find more successful NON smokers than smokers. And to be 100% clear I don't feel this list is a good way to convey your point since I just skimmed the list, it included people who have "eluded" to smoking before, and people are just plain a bad example. I would thoroughly suggest you read a list before you just copy and paste it from a forum. Also some of your list would definitely QUALIFY into the "Pot head" stigma among other addictions (just as an example Bob Marley & Kurt Cobain).
??? The only reason I posted it a list is because you requested one... and then your entire response is about how stupid posting that list was???

what is YOUR reason... YOU, the guy with the extremely drug related avatar, YOUR personal reason why you think marijuana should be illegal. I am just curious because you seem really die hard about this.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #165
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
??? The only reason I posted it a list is because you requested one... and then your entire response is about how stupid posting that list was???

what is YOUR reason... YOU, the guy with the extremely drug related avatar, YOUR personal reason why you think marijuana should be illegal. I am just curious because you seem really die hard about this.
The last sentence requesting the list was sarcasm because as I stated above the list is pointless. For now on I will finish my sarcastic sentences with "(sarcasm)". Good job though...

Also could you explain how my avatar is drug related? That I am very interested in. I have various feelings as to why marijuana should be illegal and I'll gladly give you a couple...

#1 Maturity - There are NOT enough mature people to deal with this substance. If Marijuana is legalized it WILL be abused just like alcohol (You can quote me on that). And frankly I feel the same about alcohol, people not being mature enough. I think 21 is way to young people don't take it seriously nor understand the consequences that come along with it.

#2 Too much? - How do you determine when somebody has had too much? Sure there have been no cases of overdosing due to Marijuana but how many joints before you cannot drive safely? How many bong hits till you do something harmful? See my point here

#3 Controlled Substance - If it is infact legalized how will it be monitored and controlled? How do you determine from the governments "pot" and the "pot" you purchase off the street? The only "pot" that would be legal is that the government is profiting from.

These are just 3 quick ones off the top of my head I can gladly provide more if you would like?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #166
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
The last sentence requesting the list was sarcasm because as I stated above the list is pointless. For now on I will finish my sarcastic sentences with "(sarcasm)". Good job though...

Also could you explain how my avatar is drug related? That I am very interested in. I have various feelings as to why marijuana should be illegal and I'll gladly give you a couple...

#1 Maturity - There are NOT enough mature people to deal with this substance. If Marijuana is legalized it WILL be abused just like alcohol (You can quote me on that). And frankly I feel the same about alcohol, people not being mature enough. I think 21 is way to young people don't take it seriously nor understand the consequences that come along with it.

#2 Too much? - How do you determine when somebody has had too much? Sure there have been no cases of overdosing due to Marijuana but how many joints before you cannot drive safely? How many bong hits till you do something harmful? See my point here

#3 Controlled Substance - If it is infact legalized how will it be monitored and controlled? How do you determine from the governments "pot" and the "pot" you purchase off the street? The only "pot" that would be legal is that the government is profiting from.

These are just 3 quick ones off the top of my head I can gladly provide more if you would like?
It looks like your avatar is from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but if it is not then my mistake.

your #1 seems like a lost cause. People drink and smoke weed in high school way before their legal age limit comes even with all these current laws in place. Making mistakes is part of growing up.

#2 Everything can be abused. People over eat and eat unhealthy all the time. Alcohol prohibition didn't work, weed is just at a disadvantage because the users get chilled out and don't want to go out shooting like mobsters. Would you want the government telling you what you can and cannot eat? I understand your point about it not being safe to drive, it would be nice if a method was developed to combat this.

#3, coffee shops could be setup that has a tax on what they sell. Even if it was just sales tax, a shop would still be selling and bringing in revenue. It is way more convenient than dealing with a drug dealer. Just look at how crowded all the Amsterdam shops are.

I mean honestly, one should be able to sit in their house and smoke and not worry about getting busted.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #167
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
You have not really answered the question though. What is wrong with cutting down the trees? It has been done for HUNDREDS of years. And if your house is made of cement than you must live somewhere weird. Everywhere I have ever seen used lumber to frame the walls, especially the interior, and the roofs, with the exception of metal studs in office buildings and the like. My main thing was even if your house is infact made of cement the land it is built on was likely a forest at one time. Luckily we were able to harvest the trees and create land for expansion giving you a place to live. There are TONS of things the lumber is used for besides just lumber and paper. To be 100% honest I really do not see a whole lot of benefits to growing hemp vs harvesting trees.

lol sorry I thought I did. I just see If we keep cutting down trees at the rate we are doing now in about 30 more years pretty much all the trees will be gone, not even to talk about how many forest will be gone. Soooo since there is something like Hemp that can really help us out why dont we take advantage of that resource right?? Im not a tree hugger but I do care about or environment.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #168
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I think 21 is way to young people don't take it seriously nor understand the consequences that come along with it.
If this is what you think then can you tell me what age and Can you honestly tell me you never drank before the age of 21?? I hope you are not contradicting yourself

Quote:
Also if you really wanted to prove your point post a list of names with the quantity or frequency with which they smoke.
He gave you a list and you are flaming him for it. Im sure that list goes on and on with alot more big name ppl we dont know about.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #169
Dalton918
Leaky Injector

Dalton918 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sleepy 240 you sound like a lot of people from the early 1900's making thier arguments for prohibition.

Guess what happened people still drank and crime rose to an all time high.
Pot is pretty m uch the same except it's lasted longer, in 100 yearss nobody will give a shit and people will buy it at walmart while refilling prescriptions, the side effects of which will probably cause them more than pot ever could.
Dalton918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #170
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
#1 seems like a lost cause. People drink and smoke weed in high school way before their legal age limit comes even with all these current laws in place. Making mistakes is part of growing up.

#2 Everything can be abused. People over eat and eat unhealthy all the time. Alcohol prohibition didn't work, weed is just at a disadvantage because the users get chilled out and don't want to go out shooting like mobsters. Would you want the government telling you what you can and cannot eat? I understand your point about it not being safe to drive, it would be nice if a method was developed to combat this.

#3, coffee shops could be setup that has a tax on what they sell. Even if it was just sales tax, a shop would still be selling and bringing in revenue. It is way more convenient than dealing with a drug dealer. Just look at how crowded all the Amsterdam shops are.

I mean honestly, one should be able to sit in their house and smoke and not worry about getting busted.
I agree with you about a lot of things here. Firstly about the kids in high school. This is where the whole stigma begins. When kids do things like smoke pot, and get drunk problems arise. I do have a personal hatred for underage drinking and the same goes for illegal drugs. Making mistakes that effect yourself are one thing, making mistakes that HURT or effect other individuals ARE an ISSUE. That is NOT JUST part of "growing up". On the second one, how does your over eating effect me, what benefit would the government have from restricting what you eat? I think your kinda stretching for that point. But I do agree that until there is some method of determining how much is too much it WILL NOT be legalized. And on number three I do agree about the taxing my point is just that the government only legalizes the product that THEY in fact profit from. They would still nail people for "illegal" drug use (IE the marijuana would have some specific tag to it or something similar).

Quote:
If this is what you think then can you tell me what age and Can you honestly tell me you never drank before the age of 21?? I hope you are not contradicting yourself
Let me start by saying I did not touch an OUNCE of alcohol before the age of 21. Part of it being the way I was raised, the other part being that I have seen the effects alcohol can have on a minor. I was actually HIT by an underage drunken driver. Guess what it sucks, he had no regard for life, his own or others, and ABUSED the substance. 3 Years later when he turned 21, guess who got into another accident? The SAME DAMN KID. Tell me that is mature? I know I am generalizing but honestly people really don't understand the respect they need to show to drinking (underage or not).

Quote:
He gave you a list and you are flaming him for it. Im sure that list goes on and on with alot more big name ppl we dont know about.
Like I said it was sarcasm because ANY LIST will not show how frequently or how much an individual smokes. "OMG Bill Clinton smoked a joint and he was a president!! WEED FTMFW!!111!!", like he even admitted just because one smokes pot does not make them successful, just like not smoking does not make you successful. My point being that there is no link to pot being positive or negative in that aspect.

Quote:
Sleepy 240 you sound like a lot of people from the early 1900's making thier arguments for prohibition.

Guess what happened people still drank and crime rose to an all time high.
Pot is pretty m uch the same except it's lasted longer, in 100 yearss nobody will give a shit and people will buy it at walmart while refilling prescriptions, the side effects of which will probably cause them more than pot ever could.
Before I even respond, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE EITHER SPELL CHECK OR JUST RE-READ YOUR POST BEFORE CLICKING THE DAMN BUTTON! I am not arguing for prohibition since marijuana is ALREADY illegal. Frankly I do not care if its legalized, I just do not see it happening. And I have to disagree with your last statement about people buying pot at Wal-Mart and side effects of it being illegal.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #171
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.350Gt View Post
smoke weed everyday!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Boosts View Post
I second that!, you gotta ask your self a question WHO doesnt smoke DANK? & IT WILL BE LEGAL.
Again, "comments like this are the reason marijuana has such a negative stereotype."

It's nothing personal, but stupid comments like that end up getting these threads locked.

People want to have a legitimate conversation about this topic.

Not just "yeah man, smoke weed every day!".

If that's all you're going to say/post, do us all a favor and refrain from posting all together.

This isn't the first time you've been warned.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #172
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Let me start by saying I did not touch an OUNCE of alcohol before the age of 21. Part of it being the way I was raised, the other part being that I have seen the effects alcohol can have on a minor. I was actually HIT by an underage drunken driver. Guess what it sucks, he had no regard for life, his own or others, and ABUSED the substance. 3 Years later when he turned 21, guess who got into another accident? The SAME DAMN KID. Tell me that is mature? I know I am generalizing but honestly people really don't understand the respect they need to show to drinking (underage or not).

Like I said it was sarcasm because ANY LIST will not show how frequently or how much an individual smokes. "OMG Bill Clinton smoked a joint and he was a president!! WEED FTMFW!!111!!", like he even admitted just because one smokes pot does not make them successful, just like not smoking does not make you successful. My point being that there is no link to pot being positive or negative in that aspect.

Well then thats good, I really just wanted to see your response. How would you feel right now if they lets say jumped the age up to 25 would us over 21 get grandfathered in or would it become illegal for us to drink?? And yes I do feel every person under 21 even alot of ppl over 21 dont fully know the responsibility of drinking.

Dont be sarcastic if you cant handle getting a anwser. Even if they smoked weed even once that still means they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Again, "comments like this are the reason marijuana has such a negative stereotype."

It's nothing personal, but stupid comments like that end up getting these threads locked.

If that's all you're going to say/post, do us all a favor and refrain from posting all together.

THANK you for saying somethings to these idiots

Lets not have this thread closed
Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #173
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I smoked quite a bit in high school and college -- not to mention college subsidizing itself without loans, scholarships or grants -- with a minor "problem," and I have smoked ONCE since school, and I consider myself a NON smoker, since school was 8+ years ago.
You folks' argument is on some bullshit...

Is anyone talking paper, fuel, lotion or anything else born from legalization?
Is anyone doing anything more than the "smoke weed e'ey day!" argument?
Does anyone enter bother entering academic arguments for legalization?

NO!!!

and that is why I hate potheads.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #174
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
true story.

Hemp lotion is amazing. Like cocoabutter on coke.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #175
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:

Seriously

I was a dumb kid at one point and used to think like that. till i got smart about it.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #176
Genovese.Jr
BANNED

Genovese.Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
put this on 420 forms or some shit like that
Genovese.Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #177
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I smoked quite a bit in high school and college -- not to mention college subsidizing itself without loans, scholarships or grants -- with a minor "problem," and I have smoked ONCE since school, and I consider myself a NON smoker, since school was 8+ years ago.
You folks' argument is on some bullshit...

Is anyone talking paper, fuel, lotion or anything else born from legalization?
Is anyone doing anything more than the "smoke weed e'ey day!" argument?
Does anyone enter bother entering academic arguments for legalization?

NO!!!

and that is why I hate potheads.
Paper was brought up earlier.

It would be hard to talk about making fuel and lotion when no one here really has any experience with producing biomass fuel or lotion. I think most people's argument is based on their freedom and right to consume and the fuel/lotion/cooking oil/paper/etc etc etc are just reallllyyyyy good perks that could go along with legalization.

Besides, the hemp that would need to be grown for the biomass fuel makes very poor quality marijuana. It would just have to be a good ole' big country farm with a lot of land full of hemp that would be worthless to smoke.

I saw this thread more as a "smoker's" right to be able to smoke rather than a discussion about the huge industrial benefits. Alas, it is good that you brought that up, it is just more reasons to have it legalized.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #178
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
I think most people's argument is based on their freedom and right to consume and the fuel/lotion/cooking oil/paper/etc etc etc are just reallllyyyyy good perks that could go along with legalization.

I saw this thread more as a "smoker's" right to be able to smoke rather than a discussion about the huge industrial benefits. Alas, it is good that you brought that up, it is just more reasons to have it legalized.
See, and therein lies the reasons that potheads and their ilk will not effectively argue their points, the neglect of attention to things that MIGHT help their argument.
Again, I do not smoke and never will again, but I am one of the ones who very mush believes that it SHOULD be legalized. The benefits that would come WITH the legalization -- the aforementioned paper, (perhaps) biofuels, paper, fibers for cloth/rope and such and all the jobs it would would create -- seem to be ignored while people (usually high) argue until they're blue in the face about how their "right" to smoke is being revoked by nazis or something similar.
How about arming yourselves with good information so as to argue these things intelligently?
Want some links?
Sure you do, here:

5 Things Corporate Media Doesn't Want You to Know About Cannabis

Over 100 Million Americans Have Smoked Marijuana -- And It's Still Illegal?

Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer

More Evidence That Marijuana Prevents Cancer

Campus Hypocrisy: Marijuana Is Safer, But Students Are Pushed to More Dangerous Booze

The Shocking Benefits of Legalizing Pot

NBC, CBS, ABC, & FOX Happy to Profit from Marijuana, as Long as Nobody Talks About Legalizing It

I selected only a few of the stories from a site I frequent, but if you would like to do some more reading (which I am sure most will not, simply asking in a red-eyed haze "can you gimme a cliffs?") then click here and read more.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #179
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

It just sounds like people are crying and bitching about this topic in the thread..if you dont smoke bud or hate it for what ever reason just quit it gtfo this thread,thats just it, I WORK personally in the medical indus....so thats all im saying and mm will be LEGAL.
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #180
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Boosts View Post
It just sounds like people are crying and bitching about this topic in the thread..if you dont smoke bud or hate it for what ever reason just quit it gtfo this thread,thats just it, I WORK personally in the medical indus....so thats all im saying and mm will be LEGAL.
Perhaps you should read the entire thread before you chime in. Also I think by "mm" you meant Medical Marijuana, and it is legal simply for that reason its MEDICAL. Regardless of whether you work in the "medical indus" (not sure what you really mean by that) I don't forsee it being legalized anytime in the near future.