Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #31
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks15
i dont care if people talk crap about this company there designs are bad ass!!!
theyre ok....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #32
OdessaS13
Zilvia Addict

OdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to OdessaS13
Quote:
In the end, it doesnt matter what any of us think. Its your car, your money and your decision. If it suits you, get it. If not, then dont. Dont always let peoples opinions justify your decisions.
i never let other peoples complaints opinions stop me from doing what i want. I DO however believe that a good opinion can stop me/other people from wasting money and doing unnessasery things. Also by examining other peoples mistakes i will feel better about my decision because i know its a good product/ adjustment to my car and not a waste of money.

In terms of wheels, i would like to hear opinions of the quality of the rim itself because just like suspension, it is a safety issue. If a wheel breaks/cracks you will get into accident. If i can get away witha quality rims and not have to give an arm and a leg on the price tag then that good. I dont feed into that "bad wheel/ good wheel" because "everyone runs them/ noone runs them" bs. thats why i want to hear actuall opinions from people that run them instead of a "yes they suck", "no they are great" responce from people that saw them on a website just like me...give a reason. this wont only benefit me but people that want to get wheels without spending a lot in the future.

long rant, but thanks for all your replies
latez

1992 240sx 5 spd. - Sold / 02 Maxima Se
OdessaS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #33
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan4u2nv
I have them in gold. Theyre a decent wheel, especially for the price. Heavy yes, but my work emotion cr kai with 225/40/18 kuhmo 711 werent that much heavier then those with 215/45/17, cant even tell a difference driving. Are you really worried about weight that much? Its not like youre going to road race with these wheels where it would actually matter. Daily drive, who really gives a damn. Its not like its so heavy that you cant spin them. There are work and volk wheels that weigh just as much, yet you dont see people complaining about them. Also, all tires dont weigh the same either. Falken st115 weigh 4lbs more then a ziex 512 in 215/45/17 (23.7 vs 19.8)but people dont complain about it. Point is I think theyre worth it for beater's.

Pro: nice lip, decent style face
Cons: on the heavy side, whack offset

In the end, it doesnt matter what any of us think. Its your car, your money and your decision. If it suits you, get it. If not, then dont. Dont always let peoples opinions justify your decisions.
The Falken RT series is heavier than the Ziex, i guess the rT's SUCK, huh? You realize what tires DO, right? They provide GRIP, so it'd probably help to consider how STICKY the tires are instead of some retarded point about weight. Rt's are heavier because they have stiffer sidewalls; those wheels are heavier because they're cheaply made.

volk? even a wider and 18inch volk TE or CE would be lighter than the 17inch sportmax
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #34
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nizzan4u2nv
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
The Falken RT series is heavier than the Ziex, i guess the rT's SUCK, huh? You realize what tires DO, right? They provide GRIP, so it'd probably help to consider how STICKY the tires are instead of some retarded point about weight. Rt's are heavier because they have stiffer sidewalls; those wheels are heavier because they're cheaply made.

volk? even a wider and 18inch volk TE or CE would be lighter than the 17inch sportmax
Thats besides my point. I just wanted to point out the fact that differnt tires are different weights. We arent talking about which tires are better? Of course you would want a better tire, but people concerned about the weight dont even know theres much, if any difference. Of course a te and ce would be lighter, but there are some like work eurolines which arent light, but the people who run them dont complain about weight, whereas people with sportmax do.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #35
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nizzan4u2nv
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdessaS13
i never let other peoples complaints opinions stop me from doing what i want. I DO however believe that a good opinion can stop me/other people from wasting money and doing unnessasery things. Also by examining other peoples mistakes i will feel better about my decision because i know its a good product/ adjustment to my car and not a waste of money.
Thats my point. Some people dont always have well rounded educated opinions. If someone said, if they sell it on ebay must be crap, of course you arent gonna wanna let that opinion justify your reasoning. I stated dont always people opinions get in the way. But I agree, learning from other peoples mistakes can definitely help in your decisions.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #36
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan4u2nv
Thats besides my point. I just wanted to point out the fact that differnt tires are different weights. We arent talking about which tires are better? Of course you would want a better tire, but people concerned about the weight dont even know theres much, if any difference. Of course a te and ce would be lighter, but there are some like work eurolines which arent light, but the people who run them dont complain about weight, whereas people with sportmax do.

The people that buy Volk Euroline don't usually care about going fast, they care about looking damn good. Furthermore, if they did want to go fast, they'd undoubtedly have a set of lighter track wheels; if you can afford Volk, you can afford dedicated wheels for different purposes.

The original poster obviously doesn't have the budget for two sets of wheels, and PRESUMABLY cares about performance. If you're only gonna have one set of wheels and you care about speed, it behooves you to make that set as light as possible. Now, if he doesn't care about performance, then the Sportmax would be fine, as would ADRs, Rotas, or other associated non-performance stuff.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #37
krustindumm
Zilvia Junkie

krustindumm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSH!FT
Think just a hair over 25 lbs a wheel

Comparable wheels in that size/price range are <20 lbs

but how are people going to know that when your site doesn't list shit? If I'm looking for a new set of wheels and checking out multiple retailers I would go for the one that has wheels listed and prices listed. You have 5 different wheels, no prices, no sizes, and no offsets. Why would I call every random performance store with a shitty store front when i can skip over to a good store front and get the order done without sitting on hold.