Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Krusty_s13's krusty coupe build

I picked up this coupe after moving to Charlotte NC and selling my fastback to my roommate. It had a blown ka and it was a bit dirty but I felt like it was the best base I could find locally for what would eventually be my DD.

Enter 1993 Coupe.

I didnt keep the xxr's or the Tein basics that were on it.

The engine bay was super gross and I later found that the car had been color changed atleast 5 times. Ridiculous.

Tore it all down and degreased it all.

Laid down some Creamy Yellow paint and undercoated the front end.

Grabbed a s14 sr20de from an importer in NY with 17k km on the clock. Super clean and its been very healthy.

Dropped it in, cleaned and painted every single component that went back into that bay. Basic SR swap. Used the stock s14 mounts. OEM header with shield. KA24de header lower half. Made a DOHC ka intake work and paired that with a RSR ExMag catback.

Put it all back together and enjoyed it for a little bit. KYB GR-2's and Intrax springs. Stock wheels. with some s14 seats. Biggest mistake I made, that I'll never do again, was plastidipping the car white. What a PITA.

Forward a bit, Picked up some coilovers, half and halfs, a pair of enkei 92's and an old Brix

Grabbed another pair of wheels and kept enjoying the car

Added a Garage Defend lip and Chuki 180sx skirts.

Got a very good deal on a silvia front, grabbed a aero bumper and lowered it some more. Started drifting at the local event semi-regularly.

Had a snow day and got a little excited with my line. Ended up taking out a fence pole with my pass quarter.

Cut and sealed the quarters and slapped on some overfenders.
Sold off the bumper to start piecing some aero

Enter the aero phase. G corp rep front, TBO side skirts and Bomex bonneville rear
Never got the aero or the car properly painted. Shame.

At this point, I was nearing graduation and I needed some cash to relocate
back to South FL. So we enter the broke boi phase.
Sold off the front and the side skirts, kept the bomex rear, and prepped the car to make the drive back down to Miami. Yeah yeah, I know this shit looked terrible but such is life.

Installed a OEM exhaust, got some fresh tires, swapped the whining j30 with a fresh open diff, and added a r32 wangan wing for a little flare.

Last day at work

Moved back to shitty South FL annd tore the car down for a suspension refresh and a repaint. Update to come. Thanks for sticking around!

TL;DR - This 240 is a piece of junk. Typical 240 owner.