Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #781
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
It's not just about buying wheels in good sizes, its about having commonality between cars.
Exactly, that is my problem with it.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #782
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I would like to beat the fuck tard that made it 5x100 with a club. It's not just about buying wheels in good sizes, its about having commonality between cars.

STi us 5x114.3 as are all of Toyota's current cars. So why is this POS 5X100 other than they intend to offer a premium with 5x114.3 down the line.
5x100 isn't that bad as its still fairly common. Better than owning a car with a 5x108 bolt pattern, which almost no one makes wheels in.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #783
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
5x100 isn't that bad as its still fairly common. Better than owning a car with a 5x108 bolt pattern, which almost no one makes wheels in.
Common to what... Hondas?

Nissans, Toyotas, Mustangs, Mazdas... they are all 5x114.3
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #784
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Nice to see some miata love. Next miata is suppose to go back to it's roots and be light again, can't wait!
Also exited that the ND miata will go back to its roots, especially now that they've partnered up with FIAT they might make something great like Toyota & Subaru
AlsoAlfa Romeo will release a miata-based Spider. Will be interesting to see since they haven't made a proper FR layout in a while.
...random rendering

Quote:
I would like to beat the fuck tard that made it 5x100 with a club. It's not just about buying wheels in good sizes, its about having commonality between cars.

STi us 5x114.3 as are all of Toyota's current cars. So why is this POS 5X100 other than they intend to offer a premium with 5x114.3 down the line.
I agree on the having "commonality" with other cars not many cars that utilize 5X100 only cars that I can think of are most Subarus and pre05 STIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
5x100 isn't very common maybe 5x112 or 5X120
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #785
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
Figured you guys would like these videos. It shows some of the different features they implemented and why and how they did them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0sDiL87eE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcX7Hawhk
Thanks for sharing those
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #786
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
It's not really a big deal anymore since the FRZ has built up such a large popularity, it has practically forced wheel manufacturers to produce wheels in proper sizes and the 5x100 lug pattern. Enkei, Work, RAYS, SSR, and many other name brands are already making many of their wheels in the aggressive sizing. No lug conversion necessary!
I don't worry about manufacturer making new wheels. I am sure they will make decent amount of wheels with 5x100 PCD.

what about the wheels we all have in the garage and in the market place?
Simply you really cannot use "Classic" wheels on BRZ only new ones coming out.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #787
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
Also Alfa Romeo will release a miata-based Spider. Will be interesting to see since they haven't made a proper FR layout in a while.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #788
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

Baby version of that would be nice... with hopefully at least 200bhp engine
Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #789
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post

what about the wheels we all have in the garage and in the market place?
Simply you really cannot use "Classic" wheels on BRZ only new ones coming out.

See I don't see putting old wheels on modern new cars. Modern new cars should have current style wheels not some old deep dish shit that is out of style. LOL

Now granted the 5x100 is a bit annoying but like 909 said the manufacturers are stepping up and making wheels due to the cars popularity so problem solved.

Classic wheels are for classic cars. IMO leave them there.

New kicks for new tricks.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #790
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
See I don't see putting old wheels on modern new cars. Modern new cars should have current style wheels not some old deep dish shit that is out of style. LOL

Now granted the 5x100 is a bit annoying but like 909 said the manufacturers are stepping up and making wheels due to the cars popularity so problem solved.

Classic wheels are for classic cars. IMO leave them there.

New kicks for new tricks.

When I meant "Classic", meaning current wheels we all have these days i.e. VS-KF, AVS, RPF1, Weds...

I didn't meant to make that as Real classic wheels haha..

Though, I understand what you mean by "New kicks for new tricks". I am just unhappy with their decision putting 5x100 on BRZ/FRS.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #791
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
When I meant "Classic", meaning current wheels we all have these days i.e. VS-KF, AVS, RPF1, Weds...
All of which are available in 5x100 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #792
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
All of which are available in 5x100 now
Of course they do. I think they offered that PCD since the beginning.

All I am saying is, we can't use wheels we already have.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #793
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Of course they do. I think they offered that PCD since the beginning.

All I am saying is, we can't use wheels we already have.
Yeah, I was just busting your balls but sadly even if it was 5x114.3 s-chassis offsets are still far too aggressive for the car to run. It's kind of like the S2000 where a 17x9+45 sits really flush with a 245/40 tire. I'd hate to cut the body of a brand new car just to fit some wheels I already had on my s-chassis.

On another note seems many of the companies are jumping onboard for forced induction and this isn't even half of them lol
Full Blown Motorsports
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAiC9gUQWMY
Accelerated Performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdFiFOWGms
Vortech(No vids or specs yet)

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #794
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah, I was just busting your balls but sadly even if it was 5x114.3 s-chassis offsets are still far too aggressive for the car to run. It's kind of like the S2000 where a 17x9+45 sits really flush with a 245/40 tire. I'd hate to cut the body of a brand new car just to fit some wheels I already had on my s-chassis.
Fair enough.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #795
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You guys also forgot the WRX, they are 5x100. And also my new corolla is 5x100.

And to ^^^ the car needs forced induction, that's why everybody is doing it
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #796
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
You guys also forgot the WRX, they are 5x100. And also my new corolla is 5x100.

And to ^^^ the car needs forced induction, that's why everybody is doing it

But you are at Nissan forum and not many of us own WRX nor Corolla. I am sure many of us are aware of those cars have 5X100 PCD.

Besides, I have only seen very few WRX owners own a decent set of wheels which in most cases you wouldn't put it on BRZ/FRS anyways.

And of course I think I only seen 2 or 3 corollas that had some kind of wheels other than XXR or tenzo or whatever.. haha

I think PCD discussion is getting little old since there is nothing we can do about it anyways. We just have to DEAL with it.

I am totally agree on Forced induction. Has anyone ever done high rev N/A boxer engine before?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #797
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
But we are talking about Subaru's on a Nissan forum. If zilvia guys want the BR-Z they will have to adapt. I feel the pain because many 240 owners don't have money. Perhaps they collaborated with the wheel manufacturers to force new wheel sales

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #798
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This car needs pop-up headlights.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #799
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Honestly the most exciting thing about a turbo version for me is how cheap the na used ones are going to be in a couple years.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #800
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
[img]AlfaRomeo8cSpider.jpg[/img]

Quote:
AlsoAlfa Romeo will release a miata-based Spider.

also the 8C spider was limited-production.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #801
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Honestly the most exciting thing about a turbo version for me is how cheap the na used ones are going to be in a couple years.
This. Having an SR'd S13 for 10 years, despite not being in an FRS/BRZ yet, I'd think it'd be a breath of fresh air to have as an appropriate replacement for my S13.

I wanted a kouki S14 for forever, but they're overpriced.

I wish the S15 was sold in the states out of the factory, but that never happened.

This is the next best thing.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #802
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
This. Having an SR'd S13 for 10 years, despite not being in an FRS/BRZ yet, I'd think it'd be a breath of fresh air to have as an appropriate replacement for my S13.

I wanted a kouki S14 for forever, but they're overpriced.

I wish the S15 was sold in the states out of the factory, but that never happened.

This is the next best thing.
HAHAHAHAHA.. S14 Kouki is overpriced? They made half a million S13s and only 5000 S14 Kouki... yes its cost a bit more but its not That much!!! If the S15 was in the states it would be in the Kouki's place. Shit the ones that are in the US are Overpriced!!

I like the BRZ but I can't justify $27,000 to start out a build... its missing to much!!
I spent $28,000 on the EVO9MR... that I can justify!

Alot of the kids going for this car are looking to jump on the bandwagon, and neglecting their future! That is what the Scion badge represents to me.

Alfa is releasing a 4C model, if it makes it the US and its under 30K... thats another story!!
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #803
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Alot of the kids going for this car are looking to jump on the bandwagon, and neglecting their future! That is what the Scion badge represents to me.
Most of the people buying this car aren't young kids actually. However there are actually TONS of enthusiasts that are getting into them. People like you and me who have owned cars like the Evo you mention and many other higher powered cars that I'd never expect people to come from. I.E. Corvettes, Elises, Evos, Z's, and many others making the change. The badge is a badge and nothing more, it's still a Toyota/Subaru product. If you can't see past that badge then that sucks for you.

Personally I originally wanted to pick up the BRZ but wasn't going to be charged the ridiculous 5-7k markups that dealers were charging for them, and it just so happens that Scion has pure pricing, so it was a no brainer to go with the car that didn't have the markup.

Take a look around some of the forums out there and you will find that it is nothing like the typical "Scion crowd".

Quote:
Old 10-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #804
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have only seen one (BRZ) at UNO... the others (FRS) I have seen were by High School kids that tried to street race me in the Evo!! Even had some kid eyeballing the Evo as I walked out of the bank... he was in a TC, and mentioned he is trading it for a FRS!

Yes, if you can't see that Scion is focused at Kids, you probably smoked Camels as a Kid!! I highly doubt people that build and know true performance are trading Down!!
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #805
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point
i can't wait to see the onslaught of used frs/brz's with ruined fenders and quarter panels that will wind up on craigslist from kids unsuccessfully trying to "stance" out their car
Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #806
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:

also the 8C spider was limited-production.

I quoted you and added the picture because you said Afla Romeo hasn't made a proper FR layout.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #807
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy Doriftos View Post
i can't wait to see the onslaught of used frs/brz's with ruined fenders and quarter panels that will wind up on craigslist from kids unsuccessfully trying to "stance" out their car
Why wait for Craigslist? The same cars with ruined fenders are already all over the usual fitment sites slathered in Rocket Bunny overs...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #808
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I have only seen one (BRZ) at UNO... the others (FRS) I have seen were by High School kids that tried to street race me in the Evo!! Even had some kid eyeballing the Evo as I walked out of the bank... he was in a TC, and mentioned he is trading it for a FRS!

Yes, if you can't see that Scion is focused at Kids, you probably smoked Camels as a Kid!! I highly doubt people that build and know true performance are trading Down!!
LOL You are going to get that with ANY car, especially a car with so much hype behind it. I'm quite sure I remember MANY Evos being crashed by people street racing or trying to do so it's not just the FRS. Hell alot of the newer members on here are that way! In fact most of the teens I've ever seen aren't even going to be able to afford to mod it and make payments at the same time.

But from what I've seen most of the guys I have met are people that have previously owned other cars like it. I.E. 240sx's, AE86's, S2000's, MR2's, Evo's, etc. so it is hardly just kids out of high school buying them. I can admit that the primary target of Scion is younger adults, you'd have to be an idiot not to notice that. But Scion itself needed something to save it as their sales were dwindling, so it only made sense to bring the FRS out as a Scion and not a Toyota(It also doesn't fit in with Toyota USA's bland line up)

As for you doubting that "People that build and know true performance are trading Down", don't take my word for it, check out the forums for yourself. There are plenty of people going for high power builds and aftermarket companies quickly jumping in to fill the horsepower void. Think of it like being able to buy an s13 or s14 back when it was brand new. Was it a monster out of the box? No, not at all. But if you knew that it would've had the potential that you now know that it does have you might've considered it. Right?

Anyways if you want to be closed minded and classify an entire group of enthusiasts under one demographic so be it, but I'm sure down the line there will be quite a few of them to give you and your Evo a run for your money.
Like this one below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVbfUtxQ_sw

Quote:
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #809
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
[QUOTE=MadScientist;4967604

Alfa is releasing a 4C model, if it makes it the US and its under 30K... thats another story!![/QUOTE]

No way in HELL the 4C will be under $30. It's going to compete with the TT n some respects the Boxter/Caymen. It might be on the Miata platform, but it's not going to be prcied anywhere neat it. You know that. Oh and that's IF Alfa actually does make it back to the states.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #810
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

Alfa is releasing a 4C model, if it makes it the US and its under 30K... thats another story!!
Alfa... the US?

I've only been hearing that for 15 years now.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote