Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-22-2001, 10:35 PM   #1

ok im not complainin bought the products (partticularly i havent installed em)
but...........

i had requested to order the bushigs control arms tension rods and other bushings from them. i didnt hear no word form them in about a month maybe more. now i come home and i see the box sittin there with the stuff in it. i never received no email confirmation nada! which kinda tickked me off. cause now i dont know if my cards aree maxed since i never got any replies from them. second since i work for nissan i bought half of the sh*t stock @ work and now i get these!

anyone else have customer service problems ( i guess you can call it that) with pdm?

again im not bashing the company, i know they are one of the few that offer us stuff in the states but when i order other stuff for my sr20de sentra or from other places like tiree rack for the 240 i got a email cinfirmatiion right away
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2001, 11:28 PM   #2
240sxtreme
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
240sxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 240sxtreme
I remember an email like this going through the 240sx.org distribution list....and the reply was that something family oriented happened to make him really busy for a few weeks....dang....can't remember.    I say try them again when you need something else he's got...and if it happens again....start posting messages on this forum, the freshalloy forum, and send a email to [email protected]....

So far, most people in the 240 communities have had good experience, and Don is a pretty respected guy...still, it sucks to have experiences like these.
240sxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 05:00 AM   #3
Impact
Leaky Injector

Impact is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Impact
Exactly what 240sxtreme said...
Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 06:04 AM   #4
DSC
New Title

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
I just placed an order with him late friday night (ordered the short shifter) and got a confermation e-mail sunday saying he would ship it monday. So hopefully I'll get it before friday so I can put it in over the weekend. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Oh and I sent him an e-mail asking him a question before I ordered and he replyed the next day, so your trouble with him was probably what 240sxtreme said.
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 09:31 AM   #5
HippoSleek
Nissanaholic!

HippoSleek is an unknown quantity at this point
When I ordered from Don, I had emailed him before asking about the part and how long to expect for shipping, then faxed an order a day or two later.  I did not get a confirmation email and the part took a while longer to arrive.  In all fairness, he shipped the day after the order came in and it was delay due to the events of 9/11.  

I too heard about some type of personal issue that interfered with his business recently.  For the most part, I don't think that this should affect his business, but, as a sole proprietor working with very few orders - it does, b/c it seems he sells more as a hobbiest/as a favor, than as a serious business man.  Either way, he has a lot of credibility, has been very supportive of our cars, and sells good quality, hard to find stuff at great prices.  For those reasons, I appreciate his effort and would buy from him again.
HippoSleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 09:43 AM   #6
drifterx
Premium Member

drifterx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to drifterx Send a message via AIM to drifterx
yeah his margin prices are not that much. he sells the SS for like 79? right?
the thing cost him over $60-65 and that does not include shipping to him
drifterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 10:10 AM   #7
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
I mean you have to think, it is one guy.  If he leaves, or gets sick, the entire business is on hold, not like if the manager of McDonalds gets sick, you'd still get your food.
And his prices are really reasonable.  My 2 only complaints are that shipping takes FOREVER to florida.  It was about 13 days for my brake conversion lines...  And second, there is nobody to talk to.  No phone number to call.  Just the day or two it takes one guy to answer hundreds of emails...
So think about bieng him.  It would suck.
-Jeff
Jeff240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 10:46 AM   #8
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

LanceS13 is making a name for him/her selfLanceS13 is making a name for him/her self
what everyone else is saying...Don is a very busy man.  I think he does a pretty good job for a one man operation.  If you have a question or want a confirmation just send him an email or something to remind him and keep him on his toes.;)  And I hear ya, Jeff, about the shipping time...but it does take forever for us in the southeast when he's up on the opposite corner of the continent.
LanceS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 10:51 AM   #9
Chokudori
Zilvia Member

Chokudori is an unknown quantity at this point
He should hire a helper
Chokudori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 12:31 PM   #10
vancouvers14
Zilvia Addict

vancouvers14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to vancouvers14
I had a terrible experience with Don.  So bad that I won't buy from him ever again.  If you want to know the facts, email me, cause when I posted my story on FreshAlloy, everyone attacked me for not praising the high-and-mighty-Don.
vancouvers14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 09:43 PM   #11

i know he is well respected and i didnt know about any family business. i also know that he offers that few others due for our cars. which is great i like that and i respect him in that sense

like i said it is not a good first experience to get the stuff late more than a month after i emailed the order form. and 2 never get a confirmation email.

i probably would buy from him? i dunno its iffy now.

but when i bought products for my b14 sentra se® from nis knacks in hawaii (which is also run by one person....rich) i got greatttttt service he was very helpful cool as #### had a # to call (which is def needed for a business) and if i had any problems ?'s or anything he wouldnt hesitate to ask. i will always buy stuff from him no matter what price it is even if i was to find it sheaper. because of the fact he supplies also to a low market in the sentra's and nissan lineup. and 2 he never let me down always let me know price shipping etc. ohh and from hawaii to IL it only took 2 days regular us mail!

so its just my bad experience i wanted to know if anyone had the same thing? no bashing of a name or a company. but i mean come on i forgot what i ordered. i know i tried to ask and order with a m/c and got a quick email back sayin he cant take it. but after i  put my visa #'s in i never heard from him till i received the products yesterday. second i requested the t/c rods (didnt get em) i know he said they dont have em in stock would take 2 weeks to get em been longer than that.

basically i didnt know if i was getting anything. didnt know my cards were gonna be charged. didnt remeber what the heck i ordered

just my wanting to share my experience.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:54 PM   #12
FastNissan
Zilvia Member

FastNissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to FastNissan
He has always responded to my e-mails quickly.  I have had good experiences with him so far.
FastNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 11:28 PM   #13
konkman
Zilvia Junkie

konkman is an unknown quantity at this point
Vancouver give the guy a chance.  

I met him, he works at the icbc claim center by the winter club in north van.  

Don went out of his way to meet me and let me know about his company at the claim center.  I already had the 411 on him, but he was still fucking awesome.  

Besides vancouver, if you email him you can pick the stuff up right from his house.  He offered that to me.  

konkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #14
vancouvers14
Zilvia Addict

i bought stuff, picked it up at his house, went home to install them.  the shifter didnt fit, and he didn't want to give me another one to see if that one fit.  he just kept saying that it was my fault, and that he can't babysit me.  if someone berates me, i'm not buying from them again.  period.  if he was in front of me saying that stuff, i wouldve cleaned his clock.  i had no car for 4 days because of his crappy parts.  had to go to nissan to buy a new bushing to make the shifter fit.  then he pulled that holier-than-thou crap, saying that i've only had my 240 a few months so i don't know anything.

whatever, my 240 looks better than his anyways.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:21 PM   #15
konkman
Zilvia Junkie

Ouch,

Well I'll retract my coment about giving the guy a second chance.  And I do agree his 240 ego is as large as Opraha's ass in 1991.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:16 PM   #16
vancouvers14
Zilvia Addict

well, his ass is about the same size as oprah's too
Old 10-24-2001, 02:23 PM   #17
konkman
Zilvia Junkie

Give him a break, he's a shorth little funny man.  Not that attractive either, can you blame him for being bitter.  
Old 10-24-2001, 07:19 PM   #18
DSC
New Title

####, I'm glad I don't know some of you guys personally. What if he reads this fourm! If I had a business like him, I would. I mean give him a fucking break! Did he say it would fit? Did you even ask? Only if you told him correctly what you had and he said it would fit and it didn't should you be pissed. And even IF he was wrong and he was an ass hole about it, why the #### would you attack him personally. "he's a shorth little funny man. Not that attractive either, can you blame him for being bitter." "well, his ass is about the same size as oprah's too" What the fuck! I can only hope you were kidding, and even still...Imagine how he would feel if he read that! Grr! I feel like I'm with the dumb ass little kids in high school!
Old 10-24-2001, 07:44 PM   #19
konkman
Zilvia Junkie

Man,

I'm have nothing against Don.  I've met him once and emailed him several times.  From what I've seen he is an awesome guy.  I am just joking around.  

If he reads this and takes it personally, I appologise.  But were just pissing around on our computers.  Just don't go taddle tailing on us.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:51 PM   #20
kclem69

kclem69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I recently ordered reconditioned T/C rods from Don and didn't hear back from him for two weeks.  So I sent another email that he responded to, letting me know that it would be another two weeks before he could ship the T/C rods to me.  Three weeks later with no T/C rods and no word from Don, I canceled my order and just ordered new ones from Nissan.  This might make some people mad, but I understand that he is running a family business and sometimes has set backs.  I thank it's great that there is a guy like Don who is trying to make performance parts for the 240sx available at resonable prices.  I have a 1990 fastback and there aren't many places to get cool performance parts for my car.  Even though this transaction didn't work out I'll order from him again.  I even offered to let him have my old T/C rods to recondition for someone else.  Give Don a break.  Not every transaction works out perfectly, but I'd hate to lose PDM Racing as a place to get stuff for my 240sx.
kclem69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 09:38 PM   #21

well i will be putting all my stuff i ordered (or at least i remeber i ordered and what was shipped to me w/o no confirmation) in thsi sat. so i will let you know how everything fits. again i am glad he supplies parts for 240's.

i dont know about ordering bushings from there again. i might try fatman next.

also as far as anyone thinking there car is better . remeber theres always someone better than u. no one should ever say stuff like that especially to other 240 owners.

i trhink if something didnt fit he should have looked @ it or tryed to replace it. family businesses need that close circle of customers and rely on there customers credability.

first impressions make the best and that is true. i still havent heard anything back from him as to why this happened. again i dont know if whatever personal problem he had is still ongoing or not.

just not good business to me.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:40 AM   #22
vancouvers14
Zilvia Addict

i asked don a lot of question b4 i bought my parts, by email, phone, and in person.  yes, he said it would fit.  he also said it wouldn't come apart in 2 pieces.  he lied about that too.  he just tried to sell me his stuff, and he shot down all the other brands i was interested in (obviously cause he didn't carry them).  and he refused to correct the situation when there was a serious problem.  how many of you could live with no car for 4 days?  the ppl on freshalloy didn't believe me, until their shifters didn't fit either.

and regarding the insults, i don't care.  he insulted me several times over the phone.  i'm usually a pretty respectful guy, but i don't take crap from ppl, especially when they come with that much attitude.  if i lose my temper, then that means something REALLY bad has happened.
Old 10-28-2001, 04:11 PM   #23

ok now i still have not received anything from don in an email as to my question anbout the products he sent.

but i just did get a nice 19.00 bill from ups for some strut tower bars? i dont know what the #### its for cause i havent received any or as i mentioned earlier do i remeber what i ordered. ups is closed so i couldnt get any answers from them and of course i cant call pdm
Old 10-28-2001, 04:16 PM   #24

ohh and the price n the bill ups is sayin its for is 389. when the bushings and c/a's was like 580 somthin
Old 11-02-2001, 09:24 AM   #25

you know  i installed the control arms and front sway bar link bushings those were nice. i was looking at my rear subframe bushings and i noticed that 2 of the small rings were broken (like they had a cut or a slit in them)

i still to this day have not received an email from don. mos def not good biz i will email him about the subframe bushings and see how long and what his reply is. i will check on that charge ups is billing me for from pdm now also.

i hate shit like this not knowing what your getting o paying for!
Old 11-02-2001, 10:08 AM   #26
DSC
New Title

I got my short shifter a couple days ago, when I looked at the invoice it was about 75% more money than it should have been!!! And then i noticed it was canadian and he actually billed my credit card the right ammount. So if the invoice looks high (or low if you don't live in the US) its because its in canidan funds.