Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #1261
isimon91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
isimon91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to isimon91
does the ka oilpan sit below the sway bar at all?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #1262
isimon91
Zilvia Member

Does the KA oil pan sit below the stock sway bar at all ?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #1263
saleaf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
saleaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ not mine. but who am i?

Actually i cant read. i have a cusco so i dont know bout stock

Last edited by saleaf; 04-24-2010 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: cant read
saleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #1264
isimon91
Zilvia Member

[quote=isimon91;3410370]Does the KA oil pan sit below the stock sway bar at all ?[/quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 AM   #1265
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
fucking shit man, calm down. someone will answer your question eventually. no need to post that bullshit 3 times in the same day.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #1266
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
fucking shit man, calm down. someone will answer your question eventually. no need to post that bullshit 3 times in the same day.
shit, i know right

Quote:
Originally Posted by isimon91 View Post
no.

Quote:
Does the KA oil pan sit below the stock sway bar at all ?
no.

[quote=isimon91;3410469]
Quote:
Does the KA oil pan sit below the stock sway bar at all ?[/quote
and no.

don't you have eyes? can't you lay down and peek under your car and check? or jack it up and then look?

they sit on the same level, the subframe brace is right before the oil pan and the sway bar, due to its thickness, sits slightly under that. so your bar will scrape before your pan does...
scrape order -- sway bar, subframe brace, oil pan,,,,,,,, exhaust.
chiboy002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #1267
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
^^That is correct, but for factory height.

[QUOTE=isimon91;3410469]
Quote:
Does the KA oil pan sit below the stock sway bar at all ?[/quote
If you are lowered, yes. If not, then only when you hit dips.

Its 1030am on a Sunday. People sleeping in or going to church dude.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #1268
Spitfire8o5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Spitfire8o5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone know the replacement alternator for an rb20det'd s13? From a US car or wouldi have to find an actual RB one?
Spitfire8o5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #1269
chiboy002
Post Whore!

[quote=xpertsnowcarver;3410828]^^That is correct, but for factory height.

Quote:

If you are lowered, yes. If not, then only when you hit dips.

Its 1030am on a Sunday. People sleeping in or going to church dude.
wait what? so when u lower it the height changes? lets say i lower my car 3 inches all around, that doesnt mean the plane that the oil pan and sway bar sit changes.. right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
my own question: i know this has been discussed before, but whats a good brand for aftermarket bumper turn signals? i just got a bumper with the square cut outs for the position lamps but i want turn signals more, idgaf about position lamps...
Old 04-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #1270
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Quote:
wait what? so when u lower it the height changes? lets say i lower my car 3 inches all around, that doesnt mean the plane that the oil pan and sway bar sit changes.. right?
Yes. The sway bar has a pivot point along the chassis's frame. The section of the sway bar closest to the oil pan will be lower than the oil pan if the car is lowered or if you frame/bottom out the car going through a dip. If you car is not lowered, then the sway bar will not be lower than the oil pan.

I know this from first hand experience. I had my S13 on Tein S. Tech springs and stock struts. I framed the car going through a dip. My tension rod braces and stock sway bar too 100% of the damage. It was pretty bad.

Refer to this picture. Here you can see a black stock sway bar just behind the Nismo Power Brace. You can see where is scraped. The car is raised off of the ground, so, when I drop it back down on the floor, the sway bar will also move closer to the floor by about 3/4"-1".

Here is a picture of the pivot point on the frame rail and the link to the FLCA (front lower control arm). As you can figure, when you lower the car, the FLCA will move up, causing the link to move up. With the pivot point where it is, this motion will cause the section of the sway bar near the oil pan to drop down.

My YouTube Channel

Last edited by xpertsnowcarver; 04-26-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 AM   #1271
zx6r1852
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
zx6r1852 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
will a single cam tranny fit a dual over head one?
zx6r1852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #1272
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bump please

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrfiter22 View Post
What type of seat rails can i buy that will be super low and work with recaro srd's??

Also anyone know a good writeup to bleed the clutch?
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #1273
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Trans question was covered a coupla pages back, just search.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #1274
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire8o5 View Post
Anyone know the replacement alternator for an rb20det'd s13? From a US car or wouldi have to find an actual RB one?
we put a ka alternator on my friends rb25

there was some slight modification needed to one(i believe3 it was only one) of the mounting points...but it DID work and didnt take long.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #1275
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6r1852 View Post
will a single cam tranny fit a dual over head one?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Trans question was covered a coupla pages back, just search.
You couldn't just say yes?

My YouTube Channel
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #1276
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
Yes. The sway bar has a pivot point along the chassis's frame. The section of the sway bar closest to the oil pan will be lower than the oil pan if the car is lowered or if you frame/bottom out the car going through a dip. If you car is not lowered, then the sway bar will not be lower than the oil pan.

I know this from first hand experience. I had my S13 on Tein S. Tech springs and stock struts. I framed the car going through a dip. My tension rod braces and stock sway bar too 100% of the damage. It was pretty bad.

Refer to this picture. Here you can see a black stock sway bar just behind the Nismo Power Brace. You can see where is scraped. The car is raised off of the ground, so, when I drop it back down on the floor, the sway bar will also move closer to the floor by about 3/4"-1".

Here is a picture of the pivot point on the frame rail and the link to the FLCA (front lower control arm). As you can figure, when you lower the car, the FLCA will move up, causing the link to move up. With the pivot point where it is, this motion will cause the section of the sway bar near the oil pan to drop down.
damn man, thats y im getting the skid plate

would u happen to know a good way to inspect my shocks? i hit a curb (not very steep but still) in the rain and i don't know if it was just cus i was a little shook up or the car but it felt like the suspension was more bouncy. i had a feeling i blew a shock, besides bouncing and leaks what would be a good way to check? i have stance gr+ with not even 1 month on them so i hihgly doubt they would blow but you never know
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #1277
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Your shocks wouldn't need inspecting. You should check for bent links or blown bushings. Tension rods usually suffer the most, which is why I replaced mine, including the FLCA. I eventually purchased new tie rods as well.

Once shocks are blown, they're blown. You'll need to purchase new ones.

I have yet to purchase a skid plate as well.

My YouTube Channel
Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #1278
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
at what point is it deemed neccessary to replace the Nismo Clutch Pivot Ball behind the fork in the transmission?

i asked due to the fact that, currently, my transmission is out, and im replacing a bunch of stuff for it...and if its neccessary to change mine out...cars max output id say will be roughly 250hp, if that... using a stage 2 clutch...

i figured id just say F it and get an SPL model since its currently not in back order and its the only thing stopping me from putting my transmission back together...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #1279
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Is it safe to assume that:

If part numbers match up between SOHC and DOHC KA, they are interchangeable?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #1280
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
I swear...this car is really testing my patience 92 Coupe SE....here is the deal.....car has gone through 3 injectors..ALL on the first cylinder....car has new plugs/fuel filter previous to all this shit happening. The car has not seen a full tank of gas iin a while due to me just NOW being able to get a job..i ran the car today really low on gas until the light came on.. It gets Shell 93..all the time...first time was a stuck closed injector..second time was a stuck OPEN injector...got in tonight and car was skipping and backfiring and cutting up. I smelled fuel on the inside of the car and i could hear the fuel pump whining/humming..and car sounds like a WRX with a shaking idle when stopped....it has effected ONLY the first cylinder....any suggestions? Did a compression check on the first cylinder ant it was 150...i am stumped..

Forgot to mention car does have leaky valve seals..but oil is kept up.

Last edited by TonyToniTuna; 04-26-2010 at 09:18 PM..
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #1281
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
at what point is it deemed neccessary to replace the Nismo Clutch Pivot Ball behind the fork in the transmission?

i asked due to the fact that, currently, my transmission is out, and im replacing a bunch of stuff for it...and if its neccessary to change mine out...cars max output id say will be roughly 250hp, if that... using a stage 2 clutch...

i figured id just say F it and get an SPL model since its currently not in back order and its the only thing stopping me from putting my transmission back together...
I believe the Nismo pivot ball should be installed when other Nismo products are used, such as the Coppermix clutch kit. Or, when any high capacity pressure plate is installed. Horsepower wouldn't be a factor. Only pressure plate capacity. Stage 2 clutch wouldn't need the pivot ball upgraded. Save your dinero for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
Is it safe to assume that:

If part numbers match up between SOHC and DOHC KA, they are interchangeable?
Yes

My YouTube Channel
Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #1282
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
im using an R32 crossmember for RB swap
now, you know that hard line on S13 crossmember that goes on the rack and pinion.
well it doesnt fit on the R32 crossmember.

whats the point of that thing going around the crossmember? can i just cut the line shorter instead of it going around the crossmember?
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 AM   #1283
Deviance
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Deviance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
hey everyone,

I have a problem with my s14 front driver side suspension . The car had the damage when I bought the car. I dont know if the problem is the knuckle, the hub, or the coilover is bent. I bought a set of 20mm spacers thinking it was the problem but I bolted them on and the tire still rubs the coilover. I just so happen to install the spacer on the passenger side and it has about a inch between the coilover and tire. Any help is great.

here is the damaged side with a 20mm spacer

and here is the passenger side that isnt damaged. dont mind the tire on this side it was the tire that was on the driver side when i got the car. The tire popped due to the rubbing on the coilover.

here is a pic of the front suspension with the brakes removed

I can take new pics if needed in the morning. thanks again
Deviance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #1284
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
I believe the Nismo pivot ball should be installed when other Nismo products are used, such as the Coppermix clutch kit. Or, when any high capacity pressure plate is installed. Horsepower wouldn't be a factor. Only pressure plate capacity. Stage 2 clutch wouldn't need the pivot ball upgraded. Save your dinero for something else.

Yes
to be fair, im replacing the slave cylinder with nismo unit, as well as the short soft line with the nismo SS line...and i might be changing my mood once again and get the coppermix i found on RHDjapan...lol

Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #1285
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
im using an R32 crossmember for RB swap
now, you know that hard line on S13 crossmember that goes on the rack and pinion.
well it doesnt fit on the R32 crossmember.

whats the point of that thing going around the crossmember? can i just cut the line shorter instead of it going around the crossmember?
The point of the loop in the line is for cooling purposes. Yes, you can cut it shorter, but if you plan on racing/drifting, I highly recommend installing an powersteering oil cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviance View Post
hey everyone,

I have a problem with my s14 front driver side suspension . The car had the damage when I bought the car. I dont know if the problem is the knuckle, the hub, or the coilover is bent. I bought a set of 20mm spacers thinking it was the problem but I bolted them on and the tire still rubs the coilover. I just so happen to install the spacer on the passenger side and it has about a inch between the coilover and tire. Any help is great.

here is the damaged side with a 20mm spacer
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...9/IMG_2252.jpg

and here is the passenger side that isnt damaged. dont mind the tire on this side it was the tire that was on the driver side when i got the car. The tire popped due to the rubbing on the coilover.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...9/IMG_2253.jpg

here is a pic of the front suspension with the brakes removed
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...9/IMG_2156.jpg

I can take new pics if needed in the morning. thanks again
Aside from your right tire bead not completely seated against the rim, there are a few ways this could happen.
- The two bolts that hold the coilover boot to the knuckle have some kind of play
- The part of the knuckle to your coilover is bent
- The coilover itself or the boot is bent
- The spindle is bent upwards.

I'm assuming that your tire is installed correctly and not an angle. I'm also assuming that the coilovers are correct for your vehicle. The coilover boot between the S13 and S14 is different.

Quote:
to be fair, im replacing the slave cylinder with nismo unit, as well as the short soft line with the nismo SS line...and i might be changing my mood once again and get the coppermix i found on RHDjapan...lol
Nice. I've been wanting to get that clutch kit too.

My YouTube Channel
Old 04-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #1286
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
relocated my battery to the trunk, i wrapped the hell out of the main wire with rubber tubbing and but i still want to put inline fuse just incase. where should i put the fuse and what amp fuse should i use ?

ka24de
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #1287
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

^^Put the fuse right next to the battery. I recommend no bigger than 100A and no less than 80A because the biggest fuse in your car is a 75A for the starter, and there really isn't a time where you can run enough circuits to consume more than 80A at once. Keep in mind that, even though you see fuses rated for 75A, 30A, 15A etc, it doesn't mean that's how much current that circuit consumes.
****Correction****

When running a sound system amplifier, you would give it its own high amp fuse, which should also be close to the battery.

My YouTube Channel

Last edited by xpertsnowcarver; 04-27-2010 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #1288
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:

Nice. I've been wanting to get that clutch kit too.
you wouldnt happen to know the max hp that coppermix can handle do you?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #1289
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubnyc View Post
I swear...this car is really testing my patience 92 Coupe SE....here is the deal.....car has gone through 3 injectors..ALL on the first cylinder....car has new plugs/fuel filter previous to all this shit happening. The car has not seen a full tank of gas iin a while due to me just NOW being able to get a job..i ran the car today really low on gas until the light came on.. It gets Shell 93..all the time...first time was a stuck closed injector..second time was a stuck OPEN injector...got in tonight and car was skipping and backfiring and cutting up. I smelled fuel on the inside of the car and i could hear the fuel pump whining/humming..and car sounds like a WRX with a shaking idle when stopped....it has effected ONLY the first cylinder....any suggestions? Did a compression check on the first cylinder ant it was 150...i am stumped..

Forgot to mention car does have leaky valve seals..but oil is kept up.
Any suggestions? Car smokes like a freight train and the smoke smells of gas...its killing me softly...
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #1290
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
you wouldnt happen to know the max hp that coppermix can handle do you?
It said 420ps on the nismo website but i believe it means hp! for the super coppermix
NISMO | SUPER COPPERMIX
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote