Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #61
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So that's it? Three threads and it ends like this? It just get's killed like that? Why did I even bother to merge them? I should of just deleted them!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #62
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thatguy> So that's it? Three threads and it ends like this? It just get's killed like that? Why did I even bother to merge them? I should of just deleted them!

haha.. funny, i was going to respond to a couple of the comments on this thread, but got too busy with work. its better to focus on work than try to convince some goof that he (or she) is a tool for spending money on a flawed product.

.................BUT. if you want a response, I'll be more than happy to insert my opinion. especially since its the end of the day and well, what better way to end it.. than on zilvia.

kaotic> The more you write the bigger of a douche bag you're really turning out to be.. no wonder you were banned before.. I never once started up an argument with you, you're just balls happy to (I guess) start back up where you left off, when you got banned on your other account with the 2 million posts on it.. ixfxi, you fail and how about this.. rewind before you started to try and skeet on everybody.. you’re some "lighting professional" right? why don’t you, rather than shit on everybody and their ideas, share your knowledge..and spout off some company names/products that would be a better solution to my H4 HID kit?

rewind and search through posts from the past, you'll find posts from "old_s13," thats me. rewind and you'll note that it was me who was pounding sense into many of the new & trendy ball-swinging 240sx owners.

most of you new fuckers are spoon-fed. oh "give me the information" what the fuck, are you so lazy you cant research and open your mind? LEARN and LISTEN. if you dont care, then dont post. but dont sit here like a smart ass preaching about HID kits if you dont know that they are junk.. it just makes you look more stupid. then you ask me to share knowledge? no thanks.

i dont need to be nice. i dont need to push volume to meet a sales quota. i dont need any of that, i just need to sell high quality parts for those who demand nothing but the best for their cars.

if you buy knockoff parts, you suck. support the good, hard working companies that create original products. so what if you pay more? atleast you're dealing with professional individuals who's primary goal isnt copying and selling to make a buck, its fabricating a quality product and standing behind what they fab. these are the companies that you WANT to keep in business.

if you buy HID because it looks cool, you suck. buy anything that will give you BETTER lighting. more light isnt better light. better OPTICS is better light.

mike / clearcorners.com
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #63
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
I should of just deleted them!
+1

message length
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #64
kaotic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
kaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ok, so pretty much youre too good to drop some names.. good job..
kaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #65
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Dude he doesnt need to name drop products, heck look at his freakin site for crying out loud, stop being such a tool and admit defeat you will get nowhere with your argument. He explains facts to you and you are too hard headed to say "hey this guy might know what he is talking about." face it you yourself
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #66
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotic
ok, so pretty much youre too good to drop some names.. good job..
>>>>>>>>>>>>>HEY FUCK FACE, CLICK HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...4&postcount=21
>>>>>>>>>>>>>HEY FUCK FACE, CLICK HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A WINNER IS YOU!

jesus, its as if i have to repeat myself a MILLION times. thanks guys, for understanding why i am such a hard-ass. seriously, you make my life a lot happier knowing that not everyone is a tool like this guy.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #67
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Ichi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymore
ixfxi keeps it real...

Anybody ever think about auxilery lighting if you are having problems seeing. I know its hard to implement and not look gay but its probably easier and way cheaper than new housings, HID kits and all that.
Ichi-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #68
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Kaotic, I would not be argueing lighting with ixfxi, aka Mike. He knows more about lighting than you could have probably learned in your lifetime. He speaks from a very knowledgable and learned standing. He is also a real old schooler in the scene and was probably driving a 240sx even before you knew what it was.
Get over it man. He is bar none the best lighting person in the business. He is trying to work with Zilvia to bring quality affordable lighting for our cars.
All you seem intent to do, is to argue from a losing position and try to piss him off, by showing your lack of knowledge in lighting and calling him names.

You know what? I sell high quality engine install kits and high quality urethane engine mounts. I will stand up for the product and diss the home depot injected industrial grade urethane into stock mounts every time.
Why ? The home depot way is a cheap solution (that I feel is crap)for people who are cheap.
My mounts are not that expensive but they do cost. Your lighting solution falls into the same area its a cheap, it does not mean its good or great or the best.
Fact is the stuff Mike sells will walk your solution any day of the week. Just like Syko engine mounts will walk , Home depot, Nismo, Cusco and Uras any day of the week.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #69
kaotic
Zilvia Junkie

kaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the rough
did I ever argue with this puppet about how HID H4s are the best thing since sliced bread?? If im such a "tool" for saying what is on my mind, weather it be right or wrong.. when I have not even said anything wrong about "lighting facts".. then oh well!! I only stated that I was going to go with something different other than the silver star sealed beams.. and then the lone ranger over there gets his panties in a bunch over the "cheap HIDs.." then all you jockeys jump into the saddle with ole tanto and try to ride off in the sunset with the fearless uber poster.. jesus christ

anybody remember why this thread was started?? some guy was wanting to know what other people were doing with their lighting setups.. and me, like other, posted that.. I can care less weather or not this guy posts information.. all im trying to do is help this dude out, rather than be a total ass pirate.. but since you all have to need to flex, ill stand up.. I’ve never been one to back down, and I wont..

Let me ask you this please.. before going off and jumping into a conversation, please read everything.. And if youre a little slow, read it again.. Because from the looks of it some of you have your head so far up your ass (or another persons) that you don’t take in the facts.. You only take a side.. Seeing as how its me vs the world on this one.. I like it.. Its fun.. God damn, its fun to be right..

Now, ixfxi.. Please do yourself a favor.. Take a breath, relax.. And think about what I posted, now im sure it gets you all steamed up inside (and from the looks of things you already have) but actually read what I’ve wrote, and try and understand that all I’ve been doing is trying to get information about this topic to come to light.. From the looks of things you shop puts out some killer work (all be it way out of my price range for some lights).. And im sure youll spout off some attempted smart ass comment.. But hey.. In the end of it all, if a bear takes a shit in the woods..who really gives a fuck?
Old 09-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #70
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
Funny, I was actually with him when he made that previous post and we were both laughing our asses off at what your problem is kaotic. He answered your question, and now you're trying to save yourself from being the ass that you've shown the world you can be.

Please, go cry in the corner.

Thank you.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:32 AM   #71
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotic
did I ever argue with this puppet about how HID H4s are the best thing since sliced bread?? If im such a "tool" for saying what is on my mind, weather it be right or wrong.. when I have not even said anything wrong about "lighting facts".. then oh well!! I only stated that I was going to go with something different other than the silver star sealed beams.. and then the lone ranger over there gets his panties in a bunch over the "cheap HIDs.." then all you jockeys jump into the saddle with ole tanto and try to ride off in the sunset with the fearless uber poster.. jesus christ

anybody remember why this thread was started?? some guy was wanting to know what other people were doing with their lighting setups.. and me, like other, posted that.. I can care less weather or not this guy posts information.. all im trying to do is help this dude out, rather than be a total ass pirate.. but since you all have to need to flex, ill stand up.. I’ve never been one to back down, and I wont..

Let me ask you this please.. before going off and jumping into a conversation, please read everything.. And if youre a little slow, read it again.. Because from the looks of it some of you have your head so far up your ass (or another persons) that you don’t take in the facts.. You only take a side.. Seeing as how its me vs the world on this one.. I like it.. Its fun.. God damn, its fun to be right..

Now, ixfxi.. Please do yourself a favor.. Take a breath, relax.. And think about what I posted, now im sure it gets you all steamed up inside (and from the looks of things you already have) but actually read what I’ve wrote, and try and understand that all I’ve been doing is trying to get information about this topic to come to light.. From the looks of things you shop puts out some killer work (all be it way out of my price range for some lights).. And im sure youll spout off some attempted smart ass comment.. But hey.. In the end of it all, if a bear takes a shit in the woods..who really gives a fuck?

dude, your the one that needs to take a step back and take a deep breath. Your not right. You have made yourself out to look like the ass pirate here, not the other way around. I read what you wrote, you offered the kind of cheap stuff I was talking about in my post.
You are a noob around here, you come in get proven wrong point for point and what do you do? You attack people, you call people names, yes they are going to call you shit back, you started it.
I contribute a lot to this forum. More than you have ever done. Head up my ass eh. If I had my head up ass I would not even be posting on the forum.
I help a lot of people out here. HHMMMMM does not sound like someone with their head up their ass.
You really need to check your shit because your the one that has got his head up his ass.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #72
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Anyways.....

I bought Hella H4 conversions (from Mike aka old_s13/ixfxi) and a H4 HID kit from a group buy held by Jeff240sx. There is a lot more light and I can see better at night than before. BUT the housing are aimed very very low and to the right. If my pictures were still up in my vbgarage you could see the glare off of them. I would much rather prefer to have the Hella HID projectors that ixfxi offers someday, but right now this setup kinda makes me feel like a guy with a primered body kit rolling around town. It's not done RIGHT!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #73
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ichi-go> Anybody ever think about auxilery lighting if you are having problems seeing. I know its hard to implement and not look gay but its probably easier and way cheaper than new housings, HID kits and all that.

Actually, you're better off with better headlamps than you are "auxilary lamps." There are two types of lamps you can mount in your lower bumper area:

foglamps: obvious use, is for fog. these are not powerful, and should never be. (ie: hid fog is useless). the point to a foglamp is to provide low-glare light that will flow under the fog onto the bottom of the road. in fog, the only thing you can ever really ATTEMPT to see are the road markings - hence the benefits of a low power foglamp. furthermore, having an HID (or higher kelvin light source) will most likely refract more through the mist versus a more yellow bulb, hence the reason why drivers typically prefer amber colored lamps for poor visibility conditions.

driving lamps: its another way of saying "extra high beams." driving lamps do not have a precise lighting pattern, they are just extra spot lamps to provide additional light. these should ONLY be used in conjunction with your high beams -- never on while driving. of course, very few people actually listen or care, or know better!

so, for those who think foglamps will help, they wont. with a low and wide beam spread, they have slight benefits.. but nothing note-worth. for those of you think driving lamps will help, they will.. but only when your high beams are on. driving lamps should be used as a SUPPLEMENTARY to good headlamps (low/high beams).
Old 09-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #74
ixfxi
Post Whore!

kaotic> From the looks of things you shop puts out some killer work (all be it way out of my price range for some lights).. And im sure youll spout off some attempted smart ass comment.. But hey.. In the end of it all, if a bear takes a shit in the woods..who really gives a fuck?

trust me brotha, i could care less about the feelings that people pickup on this forum. i am not out to put you down just so i can be king around here. to me, zilvia always has and always will be a forum for the more grass-roots 240SX folk who arent scared to say things how it is. while fresh alloy has good information and some good forum members, this place has always been a place where guys can speak their mind. i mean, where else can you tell a chick that she's a bullshit fake drifting whore? :-) oh sorry, i wasnt around for that thread.

anyway, the point being here is.. read before you speak, listen a bit -- thats ALL i'm trying to say. the information was posted on the first page of this thread. and honestly, $130.00 for two glass/metal headlamps is not a bad deal, especially considering that the parts are not mainstream, have exceptional build quality, and blow away ANYTHING in the market at this point in time.

want more examples? check out these prices...
- 350Z hid-spec headlamps: 800/each new, retail.
- NSX 02-05 headlamps: 1100/each new, retail.

While the Cibie lamps arent "H - I - D" it doesnt matter, they are fucking kickass.. and extremely efficient. Which means if you ask MY opinion, they will blow away stock G35 reflector HID headlamps. Amazing, isnt it? That a pair of halogen lamps can out perform the latest and greatest in HID?

The point I'm trying to make here is, its not about brand, its not about having HID or having halogen -- its about having a GOOD headlamp, proper optics, and good quality light source. Sometimes HID is better, sometimes HIR is better, and sometimes halogen is better -- each car has its own characteristics that should be taking into account for, and wise decisions should be made about what to equip that vehicle with.

The more cars I work on, the more I learn that things are not identical for each car -- each application is unique. This is why you have 240SX specialty shops, Miata shops, NSX shops, etc. These people specialize to ensure that you dont get some crap "trend" product, because all these people do, day in and day out, is work on the same applications. This is why I am in business, you wont find these products in the dealership, and you wont find them pretty much anywhere else. So while a pair of LED taillamps or headlamps may sound unrealistic at times, the point is.. you cant get them anywhere, and our customers appreciate that.

Going back to the original topic, Cibie 200mm ECE H4 headlamps.. simply put, they *are* the best. pair them up with some high quality bulbs, and YOU - ARE - SET. I mean, thats it.. you're done. You'll never have to worry about not being able to see, ever again until you buy another car.

The hella lamps arent bad, but they arent as good or as efficient as the cibie lamps. If its a matter of preference, I prefer the Cibie. I could sell either one, I just prefer not wasting time and not confusing customers, just sell the best of the bunch. Anyone who wants to save a bit by buying the hella or bosch, thats fine.. go buy them elsewhere. Its nothing personal and doesnt matter to me.

kandyflip and ANYONE else running an HID kit, do yourself a favor -sell it. You WILL get better performance with a heavy duty wiring harness + competition bulbs. Sure, you will most likely change the bulbs a bit more often than you would say, an HID bulb, but thats not the point.. the lighting pattern will be superior.

thanks for listening,
Mike / ClearCorners

debates like this still occur, amazingly enough. and even though these people are proven wrong, no one ever wants to admit they made a mistake and bought a crappy product. here's a funny recent thread on the miata forum, for those of you that are bored.
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...highlight=xeon

funny thing is, atleast the miata headlamps are projector.. so its even less of an issue. but you 240 guys, you ELIMINATE your high beams by putting a single filament HID bulb in there.. thats such a big mistake. there's no benefit AT ALL from running an HID kit in those headlamps.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #75
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
ixfxi - are you the same person from clearcorners.com I talked to on the phone yesterday about the LED taillights, turn signals, and HIDs for my S14??

Anyway amazing 100% original products. Go you!
Old 09-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #76
kaotic
Zilvia Junkie

lmfao, you guys are a fucking riot! jesus... id like anybody to please let me know when I started an argument about HID H4s.. please, I really would.. not a single post that I made was geared towards what all you are saying I said.. when did I ever argue about the HID H4? Id really like someone to quote me when I did.. because from the looks of it.. I NEVER DID.. i only stated WHAT I was thinking of doing.. jesus..

all i have to say at this point is what the fuck.. you have read what I posted.. but have zero comprehension of what it said.. I really do give up.. how can I be proven wrong by a matter of someones opionion..? how can I be proven wrong when I wasnt even in the position to be wrong, all I stated(and ill say it again) was that I was going to make a change for an HID look, rather than the silver star sealed beams that ive had in my car for the past 3 years.. god.. and you all are calling me the moron..
Old 09-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #77
ixfxi
Post Whore!

shuttup already, thanks.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #78
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Yeah ixfxi is mike at clearcorners and he pretty much is the guy that picks up the phone most of the time. If I had more time mike I would call you again so we could shoot the shits on 240's but god forbit me time at work for phone calls unrelated to customers *rollseyes*.

-Chris Pinnacle Nissan Scottsdale that called about half off on kouki tail lamps
Old 09-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #79
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
If you don't want criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

For fuck's sake, if you don't understand; this is a car forum, the second you post some kind of shitty modification, you're open to getting blasted from anyone. If you don't like how it is, please leave or just shut the fuck up.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #80
kaotic
Zilvia Junkie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervGS
If you don't want criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

For fuck's sake, if you don't understand; this is a car forum, the second you post some kind of shitty modification, you're open to getting blasted from anyone. If you don't like how it is, please leave or just shut the fuck up.

-glenn
hahaha, im having fun with this.. i dont know what youre smokin
Old 11-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #81
AuburnRyan
Zilvia Member

AuburnRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Edit: Too late - I already bumped it

I'm running some IKI 200mm H4 Glass housing with Osram (Phillips) +50% bulbs (silverstar but without the blue - HID Look). Lights up great, has a pretty clean horizontal cutoff, etc. Happy with them overall, rivals the output *on the road* of OEM HID cars i drive next to...

I was looking at "upgrading" the housings to Cibie (but didn't want the city lights) or Hella originally- can't find *much* online on IKI housings, is that the JDM OEM light housing? Just curious...

If I had the time/$$ I'd run a custom projector setup like mike sells.
AuburnRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #82
ixfxi
Post Whore!

cibie headlamps are available with or without city lamps. we stock the city lamp version, since its a nice safety feature - but you can either not install that feature, or we can special order the cibie lamps without the city lamps.

we have some kickass bulbs that match the cibie h4 headlamps, better than the silverstar bulbs. we also have some competition bulbs, but those require upgraded wiring harness. wiring harness upgrade is highly recommended regardless if you run stock bulbs, premium, or competition. Its the same as having a stereo in your car and running stock wiring, you're better off going with better quality relay/harness setup.

cheers!
mike / clearcorners.com
Old 11-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #83
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
I bought Autopal Ecode H4 housings, d2s adapters, and put in philips stock Hids from and S2k. All is good
Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #84
derux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
derux is making a name for him/her selfderux is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
made these and finily got some pic of them. In the pic is only one head light. So just doulbe it to get what having two headlights would look like. I think it has a good light out put for just halagen.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beat_doggie/my_photos
derux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #85
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by derux
made these and finily got some pic of them. In the pic is only one head light. So just doulbe it to get what having two headlights would look like. I think it has a good light out put for just halagen.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beat_doggie/my_photos
So you're running Cibie's or what housing? I like the cutoff. I want a sharper cutoff with my housings with HIDS
Old 11-17-2006, 10:08 AM   #86
derux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
derux is making a name for him/her selfderux is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew935
So you're running Cibie's or what housing? I like the cutoff. I want a sharper cutoff with my housings with HIDS

I guess i didnt explain. These headlights are for the silvia front conversion. they are dual projector. I made them have a LHD cut off and they put out more light then a '90's technology projector.
derux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:39 AM   #87
drew935
Zilvia Addict

/\ ahhh sweet. Well at least I can only improve my lighting with better housings and not have sub par...
Old 11-17-2006, 10:47 AM   #88
ixfxi
Post Whore!

I bought Autopal Ecode H4 housings, d2s adapters, and put in philips stock Hids from and S2k. All is good

weak. ditch that shit and revert to high output halogen, that setup is trash.

a pair of cibie headlamps would blow that setup away. not to mention, you'll actually have something called a high beam.. not some flawed HID retrofit garbage.

mike
Old 11-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #89
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
mike, would you be able to post up links to what you would call your ideal headlamp setup for the s13 with pop ups. i looked on the clearcorners website and was confused, it listed multiple H4 items.

and what do recomend to do for the wiring harness?

Thanks you for your advise.
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #90
drew935
Zilvia Addict

Mike, I don't want halogen. Does Cibie make H4 housings?