Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
tru180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tru180sx is making a name for him/her selftru180sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
track cars/gutted interior!

im on the verge of gutting my 40. everything except a/c. post up pics of ur gutted s13.....s14 welcomed too!!!

tru sport
tru180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
If you are leaving the A/C you are not gutting it.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
If you are leaving the A/C you are not gutting it.
Lol agreed.. I have everything out but the seats/dash/doorpanels

Exhaust is hot as shit.. that's about it.
nsn240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
ilovecoupes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/137749-i-ne...spiration.html
ilovecoupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Why does everyone want to gut their car? If your not caging and tracking it, whats the point? Your just making your car more uncomfortable and louder. No gains what so ever.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #6
tru180sx
Leaky Injector

tru180sx is making a name for him/her selftru180sx is making a name for him/her self
ok fuk it! a/c is coming out too! full track car.....thanks for the link!!!

tru sport
Old 08-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #7
Don Nguyen
Zilvia Member

Don Nguyen is making his/her stupidity well-knownDon Nguyen is making his/her stupidity well-knownDon Nguyen is making his/her stupidity well-knownDon Nguyen is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
Why does everyone want to gut their car? If your not caging and tracking it, whats the point? Your just making your car more uncomfortable and louder. No gains what so ever.
Hard parking is the new trend, haven't you heard?
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
I AM tracking mine and a cage is in the near future. Only females complain about how un comfortable their 240 is. For christ's sake a 240 on coilovers is uncomfortable to start with. Shit stock they aren't even that comfortable. 240's are not comfy daily drivers.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru180sx View Post
ok fuk it! a/c is coming out too! full track car.....thanks for the link!!!
Full track car in Guam?

Quote:
I AM tracking mine and a cage is in the near future. Only females complain about how un comfortable their 240 is. For christ's sake a 240 on coilovers is uncomfortable to start with. Shit stock they aren't even that comfortable. 240's are not comfy daily drivers.
So why make it worse?

I dunno i just don't understand the way some people think. "Hey, i wont ever track my car, cage it, hell not do any hard driving! Lets take out my interior, the sound deadening, and spray paint it!"
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I personally hate the gutted car look, but to each there own and if it is really a track/purpose built car then go for it.

Just do it right! once everything is out clean everything up real nice and hell even paint the inside of the car.
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I also personally think it's ludicrous to gut your 240 if all it ever sees is street duty. NVH (Noise/vibration/harshness) goes up exponentionally for the sake of what? MAYBE 100 pounds less weight?? Hell, I went the opposite route and kept my full interior with full dynamat on hatch/ceiling/floor pan. Made a world of difference.
SixSpeedSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #12
racepar1
Post Whore!

I think anybody who owns a 240 with no intention of ever tracking or drifting it is a complete moron. There are tons of cars that I would rather have for street duty, looks, and picking up chicks.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #13
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSleuth View Post
I also personally think it's ludicrous to gut your 240 if all it ever sees is street duty. NVH (Noise/vibration/harshness) goes up exponentionally for the sake of what? MAYBE 100 pounds less weight?? Hell, I went the opposite route and kept my full interior with full dynamat on hatch/ceiling/floor pan. Made a world of difference.

If I only thought about NVH before taking out my interior. I took out my interior with the intentions of replacing it with better looking parts. The carpet had a hole in it and the back seats in a hatch are pointless. This is my DD mind you. To the OP unless you have another car with working AC or you're going to dedicate it to tracking DON'T GUT IT!!!!! It's hot and not regular hot. I'm talking a 15 degree difference from outside to inside hot. I'm talking I've melted several pairs of shoes because your down pipe is under your feet. 90degrees and 80% humidity in stop and go traffic too? OMG you have no idea. You hear every damn creek in the car somethin' kinda feirce.

Don't get my wrong. I love my car, faults and all but when I build my next car better believe it's going to have interior. I would still take out the back seats but I would get a seat delete and some sort of heat reflective material. I'm getting new carpet for my current car. There are plenty of cars out there punishing fools with full interior.
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I bought my S14 with no interior at all (except for beat dash), and have proceeded to make it more comfortable. As stated, the biggest problem is heat - especially if you're turbocharged. I gold-foiled the firewall, all the way down to the bottom, but it's still not enough - the heat of the exhaust makes the driver's side of the tranny tunnel about 20* hotter than the passenger side.

The next problem is road noise. I don't mind engine noise, but road noise is simply fatiguing. Sadly, the only solution is weight, weight, and more weight... all teh best sound absorption materials are heavy. Putting Dynamat/etc over the floor, tranny tunnel, rear deck, etc would add probably 50 lbs, and cost hundreds and hundreds. I'm currently looking into a combination of a paint-on deadener (eDead from Elemental Designs) and something like Dynamat, but don't want to lay out the cash at the moment.

Don't strip your interior because you think it's 'cool'. It's not. People like interior.

Don't take the AC out "just because". I still have the HVAC stuff inside (under the dash) because I intend to put AC into my track car.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #15
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
gutting your car for the street is retarded. Atleast dry ice it, and put all the plastics back on beacause without it looks like shit. Cops also look out for that shit. And that is why my sig says i need s13 coupe interior, because i bough my car without any plastics because owner apparently though that it saved him like 200 pounds, yeah.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #16
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I think anybody who owns a 240 with no intention of ever tracking or drifting it is a complete moron. There are tons of cars that I would rather have for street duty, looks, and picking up chicks.
i know i am building a STREET CAR! now some stripped track warrior. the coupe will see some track events but not enought to make it worth my while to gut the car for the one day a month it might see a track.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #17
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews

Last edited by Matej; 08-03-2008 at 09:48 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #18
tru180sx
Leaky Injector

yea a track car on guam.. i want to take out the tar, weld all the seams paint the interior. i also wanted to leave the a/c cuz guam is hott/humid/unpredictable(weather).
when it rains it fogs up n shit.
gutting a car is the owners choice. some like it, some hate it and some dont mind it. i personally dont give a fuk what nebody thinks.
i didnt ask what anyone thought of it. i asked to post pics.. mainly to see what the possibilities of my car would look like.
to those who pitched in ....thanks

late

tru sport
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #19
QuickSpoolSR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
QuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i like the look of a gutted 240 if its done really cleanly, but is it really that unbearable, i want to do it, and dd my car. Im a little worried now after reading this stuff haha
QuickSpoolSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #20
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I guess thats your opinion, but I don't see the harm if somebody wants a 240 as a beat around daily driver. They are rwd and look half ass decent in stock form if clean. I don't track OR drift my 240 and I'm most def not a complete moron. I do however drag it at the strip and street occasionally as well take it to shows. However, my 240 is not quite the average either and I have two additional vehicles for my other duties.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #21
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I gutted my S14, dry iced the sound deadening out and everything. I even took out the door panels. I have a BMW as my DD and seriously, I dont think its worth gutting the car. My right foot is always on fire, you hear everything youre driving over and every creak in the car and its not that much of a weight loss. My next car is gonna have everything in it except the back seat, and Im putting a cage in it too.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #22
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSpoolSR View Post
i like the look of a gutted 240 if its done really cleanly, but is it really that unbearable, i want to do it, and dd my car. Im a little worried now after reading this stuff haha
It is pretty horrible. I have a friend (Idiot) who gutted his *stock* SR swapped 240 and it's a fucking nightmare to ride in. The only thing he has is two seats, door panels and a dash. It's hot as hell, noisy as hell and reeks of smells.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I guess thats your opinion, but I don't see the harm if somebody wants a 240 as a beat around daily driver. They are rwd and look half ass decent in stock form if clean. I don't track OR drift my 240 and I'm most def not a complete moron. I do however drag it at the strip and street occasionally as well take it to shows. However, my 240 is not quite the average either and I have two additional vehicles for my other duties.
LOL @ "I take it to shows" :ghey: A 240sx is not the car for you if you just wanna street drive it and hard park it. 240's are ugly as shit in stock US trim. It is also only your opinion that you are not a complete moron. The fact that you participate in street drags tells me that you are a moron. Street racing is the stupidest thing short of driving on the wrong side of the freeway. Now the fact that you have other cars to daily drive is the part that tells me that you are not completely inept, but it also tells me that you agree with me. 240's are not the cars for you if you want a comfy daily ride.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #24
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
LOL @ "I take it to shows" :ghey: A 240sx is not the car for you if you just wanna street drive it and hard park it. 240's are ugly as shit in stock US trim. It is also only your opinion that you are not a complete moron. The fact that you participate in street drags tells me that you are a moron. Street racing is the stupidest thing short of driving on the wrong side of the freeway. Now the fact that you have other cars to daily drive is the part that tells me that you are not completely inept, but it also tells me that you agree with me. 240's are not the cars for you if you want a comfy daily ride.

odd. your calling him a moron yet here you are arguing with him on the internet on a car forum where we all are here cause we like the car.

And to top it all off you OWN A SHOP!

this makes your shop look soo much better.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #25
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You are a complete idiot. As in shows I mean trips to VIR for NASA drift events, Summit Point ect. You must think because you have a "Godly" amount of posts you can walk on fucking water. I sure do participate in street drags, on blocked off roads with known friends. So what? I have an 11 second FULL INTERIOR street car and I like to run the motherfucker. Fuck you. Quit getting pissy because people disagree with you and think that 240's are better on the street with full interior. It's called opinions for a reason and every body has one.

But, I do agree the are not the comfiest.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #26
JDM671
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
JDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDM671
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru180sx View Post
yea a track car on guam.. i want to take out the tar, weld all the seams paint the interior. i also wanted to leave the a/c cuz guam is hott/humid/unpredictable(weather).
when it rains it fogs up n shit.
gutting a car is the owners choice. some like it, some hate it and some dont mind it. i personally dont give a fuk what nebody thinks.
i didnt ask what anyone thought of it. i asked to post pics.. mainly to see what the possibilities of my car would look like.
to those who pitched in ....thanks

late
tru that bro. Guam gets hot as fuck. even during the night.

Touke <3
JDM671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #27
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
You are a complete idiot. As in shows I mean trips to VIR for NASA drift events, Summit Point ect. You must think because you have a "Godly" amount of posts you can walk on fucking water. I sure do participate in street drags, on blocked off roads with known friends. So what? I have an 11 second FULL INTERIOR street car and I like to run the motherfucker. Fuck you. Quit getting pissy because people disagree with you and think that 240's are better on the street with full interior. It's called opinions for a reason and every body has one.

What kind of setup you running? 11's is movin pretty damn good

/Threadjack
Old 08-03-2008, 10:43 PM   #28
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
odd. your calling him a moron yet here you are arguing with him on the internet on a car forum where we all are here cause we like the car.

And to top it all off you OWN A SHOP!

this makes your shop look soo much better.
Actually I don't own a shop, I work at one. I do work on the side and the quality of my work is un-beatable for the price. I LOVE 240's, but I see them for what they are, budget track cars. I see no point in modifying any car beyond exhaust, springs, wheels & tires if all you wanna do is street drive it. You are throwing your fucking money away. I am also a driver. I LOVE driving more than anything else in the world and I am pretty good at it. Yes drag racing does count as either track or driving.

Quote:
You are a complete idiot. As in shows I mean trips to VIR for NASA drift events, Summit Point ect. You must think because you have a "Godly" amount of posts you can walk on fucking water. I sure do participate in street drags, on blocked off roads with known friends. So what? I have an 11 second FULL INTERIOR street car and I like to run the motherfucker. Fuck you. Quit getting pissy because people disagree that 240's are better on the street with full interior. It's called opinions for a reason and every body has one.

I don't even pay attention to my post count and as a point of fact my post count is pretty low. Street racing is stupid and dangerous. That is FACT not OPINION! I totaled my first 240 in the canyons and a friend of mine is a vegetable for the rest of his natural fucking life from street drags. Don't even fucking think of arguing with me about how it is ok to street race. I am not arguing that 240's are better for street without an interior. I am arguing that modded 240's are not good street cars to begin with. If you are not seriously tracking your car (grip, drift, or drag) gutting it is stupid, but if you don't track it owning a modded 240 is stupid also.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #29
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
What kind of setup you running? 11's is movin pretty damn good

/Threadjack
Twinscroll 3071/ JWT S4 Cams/Greddy Intake Manifold/Full-Race Twinscroll Manifold. 425whp/325wtq/Threadjack.

Hopefully this whole tread does not turn into a pissing match because I hope the OP gets his wish for pictures of 240's with gutted interiors. I apolgize for taking this thread off topic.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #30
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Twinscroll 3071/ JWT S4 Cams/Greddy Intake Manifold/Full-Race Twinscroll Manifold. 425whp/325wtq/Threadjack.

Hopefully this whole tread does not turn into a pissing match because I hope the OP gets his wish for pictures of 240's with gutted interiors. I apolgize for taking this thread off topic.
damn son, nice setup!