Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
monaS14.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
monaS14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
center vent s14 pod gauges

hey guys, i have been searching everywhere to try and find a custom pod for 3 gauges to take the place of my center vents, anybody have any idea where i can buy one and i already searched google?
monaS14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
I've only seen them for s13's however you could go to a stereo shop, get some abs plastic, and make a custom one. Or if you wanna be baller get a sheet of carbon fiber and make it from that.

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

You mean something like this?
jzepol1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
yes. msglgnth

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
or keep the vents, relocate the climate control and make a panel . I took a piece of plexi and cut 3 circles and shoved gauges in there. I do not have a 3rd gauge yet so I put a autometer sticker in place.

Last edited by trsilvias13; 01-13-2010 at 11:20 PM..
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
I'll take a pic of my bro's setup when I see him tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
monaS14.5
Zilvia Member

monaS14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanx guys, im looking for something like the first picture where it takes the place of the center vents! althoough good work trs
monaS14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
I could be wrong, but I believe there was a vendor having a blank delete plate or w/ an extra charge they will drill holes for you. I'll try to find it.

I made my own with abs plastic, but mine is in place of the AC controller. I like my AC!
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
Chops@MVP
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Chops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chops@MVP
Here's the setup our body shop made for me:

Regards,
Robert

940-683-8282 x20
Robert Del Angel

CLICK HERE FOR OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!!!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!!

Master Distributor for : RPS, Tein, Seibon, Haltech, HKS, Greddy, Cusco, Blitz, Koyo, AEM, Map ECU, Eibach, Tokiko, Power Enterprise, Work, Volk, Fidanza, Defi, ....and so many more!!!
Chops@MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
1. any custom stereo shop can make a fiberglass pods for you.
2. I would just got HKS Camp2 about the same cost and cleaner.
3. some of these thin gauges can be flush mount on visors for stealth look.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #11
BeasT_MoDe
Zilvia Junkie

BeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to all
A/C unit slot's where its at...done mind the empty slot. my profec-B use to go there

BeasT_MoDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
what size are they? im trying to figure out if my 3 defi 60mm would fit there.
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
BeasT_MoDe
Zilvia Junkie

BeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to allBeasT_MoDe is a name known to all
u talkin to me??? those BLM's are 60 millz
BeasT_MoDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasT_MoDe View Post
u talkin to me??? those BLM's are 60 millz
nice. just the right amount of space.
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hi danielsan...

I like those gauges - U buy me them and i'll give u all my defis.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #16
s.steven18
BANNED

s.steven18 is an unknown quantity at this point
god blitz gauges are so sexy. wish kognition made something that flowed with their carbon trim kit with gauges in the center vents
s.steven18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

vaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to behold
I made mine out of an old pontiac bumper. Cut it out, plastic welded, mixed some paint to match.

all you need is a fender puller, some zip ties, and a blog.
vaughn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #18
david.drftr13
BANNED

david.drftr13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to david.drftr13
dang that looks good!! those 60mm?
david.drftr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #19
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
That looks really tidy Vaughn
Old 01-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #20
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Not mine but frome a dude on the dutch 200sx forums, I like it!

CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
vipspoolz
BANNED

vipspoolz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to vipspoolz
thats clean. i like
vipspoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
check out these guys

GAUGE AND VENT PANELS Products McKinney Motorsports
jzepol1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #23
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
So I assume you guys are not running A/C?

My ride is a daily driver and there's no way I could go without A/C with our heat and hummidity.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #24
Sir Smokes A Lot

Sir Smokes A Lot is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Jersey winters suck but fuck it I could rock out without AC for a while in the summer lol
Sir Smokes A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #25
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjohnson7 View Post
So I assume you guys are not running A/C?

My ride is a daily driver and there's no way I could go without A/C with our heat and hummidity.
There is enough give in the harness to move it into the other din slot below the radio.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #26
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
I was thinking about the acutally vents them self, since some are removing the bents in lue of the gauges.

I wouldn't mind moving my A/C controls under my deck, but how are you mounting the controls to the dash install kit. My mounting kit looks like you would have to screw into the sides of the A/C control housing.

I do like this setup, but I would only need space for 2 gauges.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #27
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Not to bring up an old thread, but for anyone finding this thread through a search for S14 gauge panels, I finally got a customer to have me do an S14 panel. So now I have an example I can show. I can make anything custom of course, so it doesn't have to be anything like this for that matter. Everything I do is one-off, so it can be fabricated to your specifications.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #28
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
There is enough give in the harness to move it into the other din slot below the radio.
Hmmmm, I didn't even notice that when I (finally) installed my new deck. Might have to look into this when I ge a sub and amp and have to take the parts off again

God I love zilvia
Old 05-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #29
s14tan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
s14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I wanna do something like this.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #30
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Well, that's the Defi hood that is made specifically to mount where the clock assembly mounts on the WRX's and STi's. So it looks good because it recesses down in the dash board. Anything you add to an S13/14 dash is gonna have to sit on top of the dash. So even if I fabricated something to perfection, it's still going to be a pod just sitting on top of the dashboard.

My old STi for better reference:

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote