Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #271
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSs View Post
So, there seems to be almost only bad reviews here. Is it really this bad, or is it just that the people that's happy with their Chase Bays products that haven't posted their review?

I'm looking to buy a RB26DETT "Race" harness from them. But this thread makes me think twice about that.
When every review 'seems to be almost only bad reviews' I would say that yes, they really are that bad. Don't waste your time or money with chasegays.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #272
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
BlewByYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSs View Post
I'l wait for more reviews on the engine harnesses before placing my order.
I have there Full Tucked Brake Line Kit, Clutch Line, Rb25/26 Custom Harness all works Flawless. Never an Issue. I did wait a little but really wasn't that bad.

Alot of people wait till the last min to order a part then there sitting waiting for that one part to finish there build. Harness should be one of the very first purchases so when you get the engine installed and everything else purchased harness should be in and installed, Done!

90% of the bad feedback is from people that waited, I waited an didn't bitch why? bc it takes time its "Custom" not off the shelf! Most people that have issues with there product and not just chasebays products, they dont know what the hell there doing. They install it wrong and blame the manufacture they didnt make it right.. 99% of everything that leaves is tested. Ive seen people install wiring harness wrong like dude you just forced that clip on umm im pretty sure you just broke the connector! Yep.. Smh

Take your time and do it right the first time, If you dont know what you're doing ask someone. Pay someone to do it Right bc it saves money and time in the long run. Stop fucking off thinking you know what you're doing and just let a professional do it..

#Rant
BlewByYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:39 AM   #273
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I have to agree with BlewByYou 100%. I recently ordered Chasebays entire catalog for the 240sx including an RB26/AEM harness, clutch line, brake booster delete master cylinder, in-car brake lines, boost kit and tucked radiator.

I ordered during their sale at the end of September. I didn't expect to have my products in two weeks for a number of reasons...it was a sale, so they were probably flooded with orders. A custom harness isn't a quick project. SEMA was coming up. Then there were three major holidays. I received my radiator, brake lines and clutch line in about a week...turns out I clicked on the wrong clutch line and it had to be swapped out. Chasebays got me the correct clutch lines within a few days with no hassle. The rest of my order arrived New Year's Eve and everything looks amazing. I haven't had time to install my harness, but from first inspection, it (and the rest of my order) look top quality.

My only complaint with anything I've purchased from them is the radiator. The way it was displayed on the site and for the cost, I expected something a little more chassis specific. I had to make some tabs and spacers for the chassis. I also had a tab welded to the bottom of the radiator for support. My biggest hassle is the upper hose. I got the 16an version and after adding the appropriate fittings and a custom (shorter) upper water neck to the block there is no room for a filler of any type. I'm using Syko mounts, so the lower engine placement may have effected this. To add a fill point, I had to have a neck added to the driver's side tank.

Overall, I'm very happy with Chasebays products and service. I will update this post later if I run into any further issues.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #274
rob_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
rob_240 is a jewel in the roughrob_240 is a jewel in the roughrob_240 is a jewel in the roughrob_240 is a jewel in the roughrob_240 is a jewel in the roughrob_240 is a jewel in the roughrob_240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ordered a harness on the black friday weekend and still waiting for it to come, called the beginning of january every time they say it will be shipped in a few days.
rob_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #275
DeCepTiCon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
DeCepTiCon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So glad I came across this thread because this concluded my assessment of Chase Bays.

It has been a royal pain in the ass trying to get questions answered through their "excellent email support system". What is more amusing, the communications were directly with the owner Chase! This fucken company is a joke and surprise to see that they are still business with these types of ethics.
DeCepTiCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #276
ehp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ehp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCepTiCon View Post
So glad I came across this thread because this concluded my assessment of Chase Bays.

It has been a royal pain in the ass trying to get questions answered through their "excellent email support system". What is more amusing, the communications were directly with the owner Chase! This fucken company is a joke and surprise to see that they are still business with these types of ethics.
their email support system is a joke indeed. always takes 1-2 days minimum to get a response and they always ask like 2-3 questions. that = 3-6 days PLUS the time of shipping to fix your problems. their parts are quality, but imo that doesnt justify them having no phone service and having such a shitty response rate.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #277
skrouse28rs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
skrouse28rs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I had bought one of Chase Bays products and emailed them with a question / problem I was having . They emailed me back within 1-2 days and told they would upgrade my product to a newer version for free . I sent the product back ( after having it for many months - probably 1 year ) and received the new product within 1 week. I cannot say enough about the good experience I have had with them. Sorry everyone else is having problems but they have been fantastic to me !
skrouse28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #278
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

WheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymore
^Hi Chase.

I have encountered more issues with his products then anyone elses. Just found another dissatisfied customer last night who was sent wiring diagrams to solve their fucked up S2K harness...
WheelWhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #279
winter
Zilvia Junkie

winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Friend recently purchased their powersteering reservoir / line kit system and it professionally installed... still leaked.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #280
ehp
Zilvia Junkie

ehp is an unknown quantity at this point
purchased their power steering kit for 2jz, but they sent me a line thats not thick enough for the 2jz pump. tried wd 40 and silicon spray to help slide the line on but shit wont even budge. pretty sure they sent me a line for the ka24 or sr20. after my experience with their fuel line kit and power steering kit, i dont want to order anything with the name chasebays on it again.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:54 AM   #281
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Weird. I think maybe KA/SR stuff is slightly better-engineered? I got the SR PS line and fitment was excellent & no leaks. However, can't say I'd blame anyone who has had one nightmare, or multiple bad experiences. Bummer.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #282
Aaronlee97

Aaronlee97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I don't agree with the KA/SR stuff being better actually.

I purchased one of their KA harnesses with the milspec connector and everything and was very disappointed. It took them more than a month for me to get it first off, which wasn't really bad because I wasn't in dire need, and then when I got it some of the wires were mixed up. After hooking it up and everything the car started having more problems and to make a long story short I found multiple wires mixed up including injectors 2 and 3! When I contacted them about these issues they were very sluggish to respond and reluctant to actually help. The most they offered was generic assistance with wiring diagrams and basic troubleshooting advice even though I gave them detailed information with diagrams and pictures to show them what was going on.

Needless to say, I will not be purchasing from them again. A $1000 wiring harness should NOT have the kind of issues that this one did.
Aaronlee97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #283
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Their email setup sucks and they didn't reply until a week or 2 later on simple tech questions..the s13 sr20 power steering kit was good in all but the install guide on their website was wrong and has a lot of typos and not really helpful..
Old 09-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #284
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

I was also having email trouble with them so I decided to call..wrong..there is no number that actually gets you to a person. The recorded message tells you they don't accept calls. Not good service.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #285
arlok
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
arlok is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Order a s14 power steering kit. I didn't like the customer service. No phone number and too slow to get back at me. Took me a month to get my item. But the quality is really good. The only problem is that the ps fluid leaks from the top of the reservoir.
arlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #286
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sounds like Mr. Chase needs to invest in a few staff members, in particular a technician to handle phone support and another for sales and customer relations.
1sickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #287
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Then how is the quality good arlok?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-19-2015, 10:24 PM   #288
Fearell
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Fearell is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to add my experience. I purchased their power steering kit and a wiring harness for an SR20. The harness looked beautiful but I had to rewire parts of it and it had a charging issue I had to figure out. The power steering kit started leaking about 6 months after installing it. I literally had to replace ever single line. I wish I had 4 hands so I could give this company 4 thumbs down.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #289
drfftn
Zilvia Member

drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Move a old thread back up. Anyone have some recent experiences to share? I was going to go with chase bays but they don't seem too reliable atm. I'm not trying to sort out wiring problems when I've spent a grip buying a custom wiring harness. I'm probably going to go with speartech
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #290
adicarlo
Zilvia Junkie

adicarlo is an unknown quantity at this point
I can +1 for speartech. Those guys definitely know there stuff and are the most capable people I've spoken to. Just expect $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #291
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Billcriss is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone,

Normally I will give companies the benefit of the doubt in circumstances where my expectations are not met. In this case I will not hold my breath. Currently I am in the process of building my dream drift car and although I've had some complications, everything has appeared to work out. I decided to delete my brake booster on my 91 S13 because I'm not a fan of the appearance and I actually don't mind the feel of manual brakes. Chase bays appeared to be a very solid company except for the extremely high prices. Well I was wrong, although I can't provide details on the actually product (because I'm still waiting for it) I can say the customer service is horrible. To start they do NOT have a phone number. You have to continually get into email battles and pray that someone answers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Billcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:12 PM   #292
drfftn
Zilvia Member

drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcriss View Post
Hello everyone,

Normally I will give companies the benefit of the doubt in circumstances where my expectations are not met. In this case I will not hold my breath. Currently I am in the process of building my dream drift car and although I've had some complications, everything has appeared to work out. I decided to delete my brake booster on my 91 S13 because I'm not a fan of the appearance and I actually don't mind the feel of manual brakes. Chase bays appeared to be a very solid company except for the extremely high prices. Well I was wrong, although I can't provide details on the actually product (because I'm still waiting for it) I can say the customer service is horrible. To start they do NOT have a phone number. You have to continually get into email battles and pray that someone answers.

I'm in the same boat as you. I purchased a brake booster delete kit during their labor day sale. This Saturday will make a month since I've placed the order. I messaged them once through their site asking what the delay is, just to be told they're out of stock on the bias valves I think... No email though to say there even out of stock in the first place.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:36 PM   #293
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Billcriss is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfftn View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I purchased a brake booster delete kit during their labor day sale. This Saturday will make a month since I've placed the order. I messaged them once through their site asking what the delay is, just to be told they're out of stock on the bias valves I think... No email though to say there even out of stock in the first place.
Yup same crap they pulled on me bro. I'm so freaking mad. I figured such a reputable company would have good customer service

Billcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #294
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have their brake booster delete and that turned out ok. The only issue I have is with their Power Steering Kit. Since day one it has not stopped leaking at the rack. They've sent me fittings but it's the same exact fittings that were originally provided. My next option is to buy a different fitting from Summit Racing and then weld up my own high pressure ps fitting using the oem piece. I'll never buy anything else from Chase Bays.
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:15 PM   #295
dr_
Zilvia Member

dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
I took a chance on their brake line relocation kit. Expensive for what it is, and not nearly long enough to fit in the way they show in their video, routing under the car. Not a big deal, I just routed it where the hardlines were. If the lines don't leak etc, I'll be a happy customer.
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:04 AM   #296
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
I took a chance on their brake line relocation kit. Expensive for what it is, and not nearly long enough to fit in the way they show in their video, routing under the car. Not a big deal, I just routed it where the hardlines were. If the lines don't leak etc, I'll be a happy customer.
From what I've read on ps fittings is that no one makes them long enough to create a seal like the oem hard PS line does. Compare the OE and chase fittings and see how they compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k00laid83 View Post
I have their brake booster delete and that turned out ok. The only issue I have is with their Power Steering Kit. Since day one it has not stopped leaking at the rack. They've sent me fittings but it's the same exact fittings that were originally provided. My next option is to buy a different fitting from Summit Racing and then weld up my own high pressure ps fitting using the oem piece. I'll never buy anything else from Chase Bays.

You're correct, the lines arn't long enough to route like the video suggest. I did what you did also and routed them in the stock location also.

I purchased the 300zx front and rear lines also and they failed to send me all the fittings i required. I did a lot of emailing back and forth to get the missing fitting.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:14 AM   #297
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I don't get why they can't make a damn fitting for the rack that seals like the oem hard line. Instead they provide a crap washer that will leak unless you somehow got the area on the rack machined perfectly flat, it wasn't designed to have a washer seal.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #298
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I don't get why they can't make a damn fitting for the rack that seals like the oem hard line. Instead they provide a crap washer that will leak unless you somehow got the area on the rack machined perfectly flat, it wasn't designed to have a washer seal.
You could just be a cool guy and run a manual rack
Old 10-24-2016, 12:43 PM   #299
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
You could just be a cool guy and run a manual rack
I just don't think even a properly de-powered rack (which is just greased) would ever feel the same as a true manual rack and pinion.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #300
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I just don't think even a properly de-powered rack (which is just greased) would ever feel the same as a true manual rack and pinion.
My rack compared to my friends miata rack and all of my aircooled volkswagen racks feels quite similar. Granted I fully stripped it and machined the divider and packed it properly. Also all of the holes were welded air tight.

Anyways back to if you insist on having PS, you could always try welding an AN fitting to the rack itself.