Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #241
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tengo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
chase bays finally agreed to give me a full refund for the non working harness they sold me .they were fairly rude the whole time i have been dealing with them , they hung up on me once and insist the harness is good even thou when i plug in the vss it putsmy car in limp mode . they said it would be 3-4 buisness days till i got my refund , tomorrow makes 8 and still nothing. i hate chasebays , i missed the entire season dealing with these idiots and now im pretty sure im gonna be dicked around about my refund .

rating , -100 out of 10
tengo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #242
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Theyve been great to me so far, quick to respond to emails, harness looks perfect.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #243
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn tengo... I feel for you... at least you well eventually get a refund. If your not hurting for money, try not to sweat it too much.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #244
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo240 View Post
chase bays finally agreed to give me a full refund for the non working harness they sold me .they were fairly rude the whole time i have been dealing with them , they hung up on me once and insist the harness is good even thou when i plug in the vss it putsmy car in limp mode . they said it would be 3-4 buisness days till i got my refund , tomorrow makes 8 and still nothing. i hate chasebays , i missed the entire season dealing with these idiots and now im pretty sure im gonna be dicked around about my refund .

rating , -100 out of 10
Glad to hear about the resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Theyve been great to me so far, quick to respond to emails, harness looks perfect.
Harness LOOKS perfect? Meaning you've not tried to use it for actually running your car yet?
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #245
xoxide
Post Whore!

I just got it saturday, so no.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #246
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
I just got it saturday, so no.
good luck , what kind of harness? they still didnt get my refundto me today and wouldnt answer my calls today either , i see they are going to a car show this week so i am assuming they wont take care of itthis week either .im gonna wait this week out then contact the bbb and see what can be done , im only being refunded the price before taxand im also paying the shipping for the refund they said , i assume you would just mail a check. will ford has been a huge fuckig douche bag and i will make it my mission of 2014 to bury this company , or atleast shit talk them as much as possible. i paid 600 dollars for this in feburary and hear we are it is almost november and i still have nothing to show for it , i have almost lost all motivation for my car and even posted it for sale or trade cause im just sick of the bullshit that chase bays keeps telling me . i paid good money and installed it right , had to send it back , they said it is good and made right , got it back and ended up having to re pin the maf , then found out none of the trans plugs fit , then relised the vss puts my car in limp mode , then relized the ect didnt match mine and it was showing 0 ohms on the ect ,injector 1 and 4 , the alternator wiring was shorted , the oil pressure spade was hardly crimped , the maf was wrong , and on top of all that i was insulted numerous times by will ford *SNIP* , hung up on a bunch of times and now waiting for a refund im almost sure i will never get . i am sorry for the rant and misspellings, all i want is my money back , they got there shit harness back ,

also just so everyone knows they did say they will for go the restocking fee cause they are just going to re sell my bad harness , sorry to who ever gets it .

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 11-26-2013 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: removed link to personal facebook page
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #247
xoxide
Post Whore!

Damn lol, making me want to sell it and go with a Wiring Specialties harness right off the batt. Its a 1JZ harness with universal race harness adaptor.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #248
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Doesn't Jordan innovations make one too?
Old 10-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #249
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
Doesn't Jordan innovations make one too?
He's very slow unless you're Toby, but actually does things right and is quick to respond to complaints afaik.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #250
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For any professional mil spec harness I'd Def go to Jordan innovations. We'll worth the money and worth the wait as well. I had a wiring specialties before as well and it worked in 3 different S Chassis with no issues at all. Chase bays is just hit or miss with all there stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #251
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

wellthe 3-4 buisness days i was told by chasebays has now become 3 weeks .i filed a complaint with the bbb.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #252
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Stay on them. I would like to see u get a refund. In the next few weeks apparently.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #253
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I am not buying shit from Chasebays.

Seems like they will tell you whatever you want to hear just to get the business, regardless of how poor their services are and products as well.

They dont man up to their fuck up, or at least communicate with you.
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #254
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Not to jump on the shit storm train, but I ordered a power steering res and lines from Enjuku and chase bays has been dragging their feet. I bought it from enjuku at the end of August, they told me it was back ordered, 3 weeks ago Chase Bay's quoted Kevin from Enjuku a 1 week delivery time to me... yeah, I still don't have it.

TL;DR Enjuku is cool, chase bay seriously dropped the ball.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #255
Beejis60
BANNED

Enjuku fucked up my GK Tech order for their knuckles, costing GK Tech quite a bit of extra money. I noticed the fuck up long before the knuckles were shipped and it took me a month and talking to three different people to get a 'confirmation' that the fuck up was resolved. It obviously wasn't. That experience was enough for me to never support Enjuku ever again and I gained massive respect for GK for biting the shipping bullet for me through this experience when I thought I would have had to pay for the extra shipping out of my pocket.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #256
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

xoxide, how did the harness work out for you?

finally got my refund today from chase bays . I wish nothing but the best for the company .

not really thou.

Last edited by tengo240; 11-18-2013 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Reason for Editing:
Old 11-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #257
xoxide
Post Whore!

I havent got to run it yet.

I did order their universal race-jumper harness, came super quick, all the wires/pins line up correct with the engine harness, and everything powers up fine so far. We'll see in a few weeks how the engine harness is though. Fingers crossed...
Old 11-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #258
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Not to jump on the shit storm train, but I ordered a power steering res and lines from Enjuku and chase bays has been dragging their feet. I bought it from enjuku at the end of August, they told me it was back ordered, 3 weeks ago Chase Bay's quoted Kevin from Enjuku a 1 week delivery time to me... yeah, I still don't have it.

Sorry about the delay, I think its just an issue some newer manufacturers go through when trying to sort out production/ having issues with cash flow possibly/ etc. All part of the teething process for newer smaller businesses trying to grow and keep up with the times. That is why we try to stock 20-30 kits when we can and when they are available, but unfortunately due to the popularity of the kits we will sell out so quickly and not be able to get re-stocked until more are made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60
Enjuku fucked up my GK Tech order for their knuckles, costing GK Tech quite a bit of extra money. I noticed the fuck up long before the knuckles were shipped and it took me a month and talking to three different people to get a 'confirmation' that the fuck up was resolved. It obviously wasn't. That experience was enough for me to never support Enjuku ever again and I gained massive respect for GK for biting the shipping bullet for me through this experience when I thought I would have had to pay for the extra shipping out of my pocket.
I apologize about that mix up I would like it if you could e-mail me some of the details of the situation so that I can try to investigate what caused the problem initially and how we can work to avoid these same issues in the future. [email protected]
Old 11-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #259
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prok0 View Post
I apologize about that mix up I would like it if you could e-mail me some of the details of the situation so that I can try to investigate what caused the problem initially and how we can work to avoid these same issues in the future. [email protected]
No, I'm not wasting any more of my free time with you people.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #260
cyanide

cyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cyanide
Quote:

I ordered a power steering kit from ChaseBays on 11 August. I also ordered four other products (AEM IAT, AEM MAP sensor, Chase Bays boost solenoid kit, Chase Bays brake line relocation kit) that I have received since then. I email them once a month to check on the status of the power steering kit. As of a week ago (21 November), they said the kit would be shipping out to me sometime this week, or early next. They were waiting on the redesigned reservoirs to arrive from their manufacturer. We'll see if it ships out when I email them next Thursday. So far it has been 15 weeks since I have ordered the power steering kit.
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #261
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
I ordered a power steering kit from ChaseBays on 11 August. I also ordered four other products (AEM IAT, AEM MAP sensor, Chase Bays boost solenoid kit, Chase Bays brake line relocation kit) that I have received since then. I email them once a month to check on the status of the power steering kit. As of a week ago (21 November), they said the kit would be shipping out to me sometime this week, or early next. They were waiting on the redesigned reservoirs to arrive from their manufacturer. We'll see if it ships out when I email them next Thursday. So far it has been 15 weeks since I have ordered the power steering kit.
I just pieced my own together. Check my posts if you like, it's awaiting delivery & install.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #262
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I just pieced my own together. Check my posts if you like, it's awaiting delivery & install.
Link? Please

Msg lnt
Old 11-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #263
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
Link? Please

Msg lnt
link
Old 12-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #264
elguapo260sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
elguapo260sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
well im gonna help beat this dead horse.

when i was building my rb26/s14 i saw the chase bays p/s reservoir, cooler, and line kit and it looked nice. ordered it. first i only received half of the kit. couple weeks later i got the rest of it. next the power steering high pressure line was wrong. supposedly they sent me one for the 1jz swap. so they sent me another line. and i got a bonus with it. they sent me another reservoir, cha ching. the faux AN with a hose clamp inside would not fit over the p/s pump inlet. so i had to scrap that. finally i got the engine installed. the reservoir i got with the kit blew out fluid from the cap. so they sent me another updated reservoir. had to roll around with a rag ziptied to the cap. again another bonus, i got a power ground kit for free. also the fittings into rack leaked. they send you some copper washers that in principle should not be used with that kind of fitting. i have to filed down the aluminum on the rack so the fitting would fully seat and not leak. i also had to redo several of the AN fitting because they leaked and were not installed correctly.

i almost made the mistake of purchasing a harness for my RB swap. i emailed them and asked if they could do a custom routing for the injector relay. they told me to order it through the site. so for 750 dollars, i debated. so i tried to find a writeup. not much to go with on the interwebs. then i read on a post to man up get a wiring diagram and do work. so after 2 days, and a 30 pack of beer, i was able to use a make the harness with only 7 or 8 splices. and my shit works. no 2 month turn around. it was fun too.

for anyone in the future. if you want custom pressure hoses or fittings, go to a Parker Store, here its called Air/hydro power. they make clutch and brake hoses.

it did get some free shit but i just sold that to make up for the headaches i had to deal with using there product. i wouldnt recommend their stuff to anyone else. things are poorly assembled, and have no clue whats going on with there customers. they are just giving away stuff. no wonder other people are having to wait so long. i only used there p/s kit but if they cant even install an AN fitting right how can you expect them to build harnesses and manage a company.
elguapo260sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #265
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm running there brake line and clutch line kit in my S14 fits pretty well.. However I have heard multiple people on multiple forums complain about their harness work.. How they handle customers and there track record is laughable. I will never buy another thing from them..
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #266
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
So, there seems to be almost only bad reviews here. Is it really this bad, or is it just that the people that's happy with their Chase Bays products that haven't posted their review?

I'm looking to buy a RB26DETT "Race" harness from them. But this thread makes me think twice about that.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #267
baube
Leaky Injector

baube is an unknown quantity at this point
people tends to post more when they are not happy with service/products

as for harness, i can't speak for chasebay, but i bought from wiringspecialties and it is awsome
baube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #268
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

It's more the over promising/under delivering that I was upset about. I'm sure they make a fine product, but their suppliers suck, they suck at logistics or all of the above. Just make sure it's 100% instock when you order, from anyone.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #269
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Well it serves to show you what will horn of something Guess wrong among the way and if you want to take that chance
Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #270
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
I'l wait for more reviews on the engine harnesses before placing my order.