Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 08-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #61
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
oh man, i didnt even take into account the CC exchange rates. it's gotta be something terrible. are you actually in Roppongi right now? If so, how is it out there right now? It's been over a year since i was last in Tokyo.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #62
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
oh man, i didnt even take into account the CC exchange rates. it's gotta be something terrible. are you actually in Roppongi right now? If so, how is it out there right now? It's been over a year since i was last in Tokyo.
I think a lot of the people who were there left and have no means of coming back.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #63
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm actually able to afford a nice trip out to Japan and then this exchange rate BS happens...wtf.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #64
racer98
Post Whore!

racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
I'm actually able to afford a nice trip out to Japan and then this exchange rate BS happens...wtf.
if you can go do it, it might be expensive but just have to bargan hunt to eat while your there - there are some pacakges now for $1500 hotel and air. still though $1=72 yen when you get hit with the bank tax.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #65
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, with the yen rate the way it is right now, i dont think we'll be going back to visit my wife's family anytime soon.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #66
racer98
Post Whore!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu

that is all I have to say now on this exchange rate -

the BOJ stance is - well the boat is taking on water but were not sinking.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #67
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah, with the yen rate the way it is right now, i dont think we'll be going back to visit my wife's family anytime soon.
Just talked with the Forex people at a bank - this will be like this for a very very long time and there is a push for it to go below 70 and thinking what was said a couple months back $1=55 might be the tipping point.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #68
Mister.E
Post Whore!

LOL GTFO!!!!!

if it hits 55 im going to move back to japan, have my wife sponsor me, and just live there for the rest of my life.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #69
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
holy shit.
i am so glad i did not get stationed in japan now like i thought i was.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #70
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Yeah, my friends that are there right now and living off base are saying that times are hard.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #71
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
if you can go do it, it might be expensive but just have to bargan hunt to eat while your there - there are some pacakges now for $1500 hotel and air. still though $1=72 yen when you get hit with the bank tax.
Where are you finding that? I think my flights are more expensive being on the east coast. I've been searching kayak.com for a flight out of either BDL, JFK, or EWR and only come up with ~$1273 for a flight (that's under 15 hours each way).

I was probably just going to try staying in a hostel, which WAS going to be cheap at the time I was looking haha

Overall I was expecting a 2 week trip to be about $2,500. (between flight & travel, stay, food, and misc expenses/souvenirs)

I haven't seen it hit below 75 yet though in a few places I looked.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #72
Biggamehit
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Biggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Biggamehit Send a message via MSN to Biggamehit Send a message via Yahoo to Biggamehit
Even with the Yen rate.. Ill take Japan over the Stateside Bs

Drifting....... 80 dollars for a track day 7 days a week...

Just don't waste money on buying girls drinks in other stupid shit.

E now that im in D1SL and doing the events... I have for the first time in my life hit the check to check phase with the yen rate.. To me its doable because im single and making progress. Next season I should have my D1SL-B license for sure. With contracting work coming my way ill be making much better money as well....
Biggamehit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #73
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggamehit View Post
E now that im in D1SL and doing the events... I have for the first time in my life hit the check to check phase with the yen rate.. To me its doable because im single and making progress. Next season I should have my D1SL-B license for sure. With contracting work coming my way ill be making much better money as well....
yeah, if i was still there right now, there is no way in hell id be able to afford to compete in D1SL.

luckily here in Vegas now that we have U-Drift, we can go to the track any day of the week and skid all night for $50. most places in the states dont have shit like this though.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #74
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

eating?
if i had been stationed in japan i would be getting married to my girl, and i do not like on base housing.
off base housing rent would be fucking brutal.

maybe if you 0 responsibilities and all you care about are track days, sure.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #75
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Heh I see your point but don't exactly think I'll be shipping my 240 over there to drift for a week. If anything, in all honesty I'll be doing the latter and buying girls drinks and other stupid stuff lol.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #76
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Where are you finding that? I think my flights are more expensive being on the east coast. I've been searching kayak.com for a flight out of either BDL, JFK, or EWR and only come up with ~$1273 for a flight (that's under 15 hours each way).

I was probably just going to try staying in a hostel, which WAS going to be cheap at the time I was looking haha

Overall I was expecting a 2 week trip to be about $2,500. (between flight & travel, stay, food, and misc expenses/souvenirs)

You checked the lodges on base or the New Sanno (for Kantou region)? iace-usa.com usually has great deals on flights.

Quote:

I'm glad someone said it. If you're single, overseas anywhere is better than stateside. Thats why I'm heading back.

I can understand the stress of married men's lives though. Even being in the states is hard if you got others to consider.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #77
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigalow311 View Post
You checked the lodges on base or the New Sanno (for Kantou region)? iace-usa.com usually has great deals on flights.
On base, as in military base? Didn't know that was an option. The only problem with iace-usa.com is that the USA site is all in Japanese...I'd have to learn how to read it
Old 08-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #78
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
You checked the lodges on base or the New Sanno (for Kantou region)
if the new sanno is anything like it used to be, you need to make reservations about 3 years in advance, LOL
Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #79
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
On base, as in military base? Didn't know that was an option. The only problem with iace-usa.com is that the USA site is all in Japanese...I'd have to learn how to read it
Sorry, I figured your were DoD. Nevermind about the base option. Stay at Popeye, you'll save lots of $$$ but won't be able to have a girl with u..

Yo, IAce has a link for 'English' written in English..

Quote:
if the new sanno is anything like it used to be, you need to make reservations about 3 years in advance, LOL
LOL, yeah, it's pretty bad I suppose. I was looking for Golden Week 2012 reservations around May-Jun this year they were almost all booked.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #80
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Sorry, I figured your were DoD. Nevermind about the base option.
Close but not quite. I work for a large aerospace company that manufacturers military engines.

Ahh cool I thought clicking the USA link would bring me to English, but I guess on the top I had to click the US flag too to get it into english Thanks!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #81
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Ahh cool I thought clicking the USA link would bring me to English, but I guess on the top I had to click the US flag too to get it into english Thanks!
... glad I didn't hire you for my large aerospace company that manufactures military engines..

joking. :-)
Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #82
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
... glad I didn't hire you for my large aerospace company that manufactures military engines..

joking. :-)
lol hey! clicking USA twice is inefficient. Site needs to work on its lean manufacturing hah.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #83
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:

HIS travel they are out of Japan and select locations in the USA

you and me as well others will never pay $1=75 yen that is the open market only if your a bank you pay that rate - the rate minus bank and credit card tax.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #84
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Yeah HIS is super legit. My wife has used them several times and has received great deals.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #85
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Time to start buying stuff from the US and sell it to the Japanese!
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #86
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

corvettes! they love em!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #87
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah HIS is super legit. My wife has used them several times and has received great deals.
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
Time to start buying stuff from the US and sell it to the Japanese!
taken it you haven't sold things there have you ? market is really crap right now there and they aren't spending. High yen - slow exports - layoffs have been happening there left and right and the government there says high yen wont effect anything - sorry - total bs right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
corvettes! they love em!
They do but they buy from their own buyers as there are many of them here in so.cal already and they know prices in and out. basically they want NCRS spec high points cars for salvage value.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #88
Biggamehit
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Biggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Biggamehit Send a message via MSN to Biggamehit Send a message via Yahoo to Biggamehit
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
eating?
if i had been stationed in japan i would be getting married to my girl, and i do not like on base housing.
off base housing rent would be fucking brutal.

maybe if you 0 responsibilities and all you care about are track days, sure.
Lets not assume guy

All my bills are paid and I have alot of responsibilities...as im a NCO and more further the NCOIC of training for the base in relation to vehicular validation. I am in one of if not the highest deployable AFSC so much so that out of the 4 years I have been stationed in Japan, I have only physically been here a year and some months. Off base is not brutal.. the pay is all the same, you get your pay no matter what, its how much of it you choose to spend on your girl/wife (definitively is your responsibility lol but she can work also), nike's, blu-ray dvd's and all the other stuff that people really need in life.....so if you call that responsibility im happy for you. There are plenty of married guys here with kids who do it right along side me.

With that response you are better off not coming as it seems you would complain about everything like the rest of these lame people here. We all make choices my choice is to compete in motorsports and do what I want in life.

Facebook: Pink Ranger Drift

Last edited by Biggamehit; 08-25-2011 at 03:50 PM..
Biggamehit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #89
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
taken it you haven't sold things there have you ? market is really crap right now there and they aren't spending. High yen - slow exports - layoffs have been happening there left and right and the government there says high yen wont effect anything - sorry - total bs right now.
lol they spent like 6 trillion since their bubble economy popped in the late 80s and they still can't figure it out.

Anyway my commodities are doing well against the yen.

Tho I should have added yen to my currency holdings.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #90
Sideways570sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Sideways570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yea listen to the chairforce, i mean, airforce guy. Hahah