Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #61
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
hey if u guys want u could post up pix of them mounted to help out people that want to see it on. also maybe give a description of the difference noticed. it would be great to hear wat people have to say.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:33 PM   #62
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Just let me know when you get some more.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:56 AM   #63
BNRacing

Trader Rating: (0)
BNRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So these are just 10 dollar intake kits from procarparts on ebay?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #64
SHIFT_control
Leaky Injector

SHIFT_control is a well-known jackass
No they aren't. He custom makes each one for the specific setup you have...... Which I am definatley interested in pipe #2 when there are more available.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #65
shiftnslide
Zilvia Member

shiftnslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_control
No they aren't. He custom makes each one for the specific setup you have...... Which I am definatley interested in pipe #2 when there are more available.
exactly.. mine is designed around having a power enterprise intake, z32 maf, and greddy type rs recirculated.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #66
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftnslide
exactly.. mine is designed around having a power enterprise intake, z32 maf, and greddy type rs recirculated.
Okay, overall I'm reasonably happy, tho the actual install effort and time spent vs. the work to be done was INSANE. This was a tougher install than custom doing up my S15 front end

Mainly because of this thing... doesn't everyone else have this too? My plastic intake has a flat spot on the bottom where it rubbed on this thing all day long... .I'm wondering how the silicon connector and pipe will hold up, as any adjustment you have can only be done thru muscling around the way the pipe fits in the connector. Here's a pic of what I"m talking about:

Build quality seems pretty good. It is an intake after all, so there's not so much worry about working pressure etc. Here is a pic of my pipe next to the stock pipe:

After hr 3 of what should have been a 10min install, it occurred to me that the vast majority of my issues were Pic 1, above; coupled with the fact that I had to REALLY shove around to find a fitment that was:
A) not going to make the filter element stick up higher than the hood
B) making the BOV recirc tube fit, w/o pinching it
C) making the blow-by tube fit w/o pinching it
Hindsite is 20-20, I realized that the pic below would've been the best weld points for making it fit better... currently I'm not very confident in the joints.
The main joint connecting to the intake ports is holding hte metal from both the port, and the tube, at the very edges, barely held by the clamps. This was a requirement for me, or it wouldn't have fit at all. Both my BOV and blow-by hoses are at least 50% crimped to make the fitment work at all... both attachments on the pipe itself were probably in the worst possible places... but Aure said he test fitted it, so maybe my car is a little different that everyone elses? I encountered a variation on the same these on the filter side, again having to go to the very edges of the joint in order to make the filter fit inside the engine bay... as it was when i started (and when it was attached in the most secure way possible), the fiter acutally stuck up above the hood a good 6 inches... almost so that the entire filter was above the level of hte hood (think 18 wheeler exhaust stacks). Modded pic below of a better placement solution:

Finished installation
So lots of cussing and many band-aids later (the pipe actually got hurled full force into my front lawn at one point)... I finally got the setup installed securely enough, that I thought i'd be safe for now, as long as I check the clamps fairly often.

disregard my messy engine bay, after I got the sucker in there, I was DONE. I didnt even want to look at my car LOL.

Final Thoughts:
Build Quality - build quality for me seemed good. Quality connectors, decent clamps. Fairly good polish on my pipe despite Aure's warning that there were some scratches from test fitting (thx btw, that was very professional to note that). I scratched that absolute shit out of that pipe by the time I got it to fit decently. Everything came nicely bagged, and even had a couple brackets (albeit thin ones) to help you support your filter. I'd say B+ here.

Fitment - for me, this was a nightmare, but at least a nightmare with a happy ending. When all was said and done, it does what it's supposed to. It's not going to get crazy hot or be under extreme pressure, so fit&finish doesn't need be as good as say, IC piping. HOWEVER, I would suggest that if you go this way, have Aure weld the bungs as shown in my 3rd image, this should alleviate most of the issues I had... tho a fitting to size down the large blow-by port (near the valve cover, I dunno it's real name), to the corresponding bung on the intake pipe would've saved a lot of head scratching Personally for me, I'd say fitment was a C-, but don't take that as an overall rating; it's not. Like all custom things, there is a TON of trial and error. Aure said it fit correctly on his test vehicle, and I believe him. I just think that maybe the lengths, placements and other "margin-of-error" type parts/measurements are not exactly the same. It could easily have been a B or B+.... just not for me personally, especially since I was one of the first to receive mine, I knew that gamble going in tho, so I'm dissapionted, but not terribly.

So it wasn't a great fit.
But let me be Perfectly Clear.

THIS DOES NOT MAKE THIS A BAD PRODUCT

Aure was a great guy to work with. Very fast construction and shipment both, on a very simple item. It's a custom piece, and like all custom things, there's some definite margin for error. In addition, a lot of ppl have different setups. I have a feeling that as Aure does more and more of these, he'll start to get "setup types" memorized, and be able to crank out perfectly fitting versions in the not too distant future. Yes mine was a significant PITA, but your mileage may vary, and as customers provide feedback, Aure is only giong to grow more skilled. He has all the ingredients for making a really professional product, mine just didn't happen to be it.

Personal Experience Rating: B-
OVERALL RATING: B

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Old 09-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #67
BNRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_control
His kit
10 dollar eBay intake
That company makes different intakes for dozens of cars, I know thats not exactly it. I'm sure you could find exactly it if you look around a bit. I just noticed the couplers, piping, line, bracket, etc being identical. I assume that's why he can't offer it with out the nipple also...
Old 09-21-2005, 03:11 PM   #68
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing
His kit
10 dollar eBay intake
That company makes different intakes for dozens of cars, I know thats not exactly it. I'm sure you could find exactly it if you look around a bit. I just noticed the couplers, piping, line, bracket, etc being identical. I assume that's why he can't offer it with out the nipple also...
I'll be damned... you may be on to something there
Old 09-21-2005, 03:19 PM   #69
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Pepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Pepperoni
Yoshi,
Woah, lots of issues going on here. I'll try to address them all, although I never received a PM from you regarding these problems.

I did state in the original first post that these are all custom made, done by only pictures. I do my best from what I can with pictures provided by the buyer. You're right, everyone's set up is different and I can only do so much with 2D images. I do have to say though, I did only test these intakes on cars that had K&N/regular cone filters, no extensions or anything, just MAFS and filter, so yours was a bit different.

From the intakes sold, no one else has actually brought to my attention that they've had such a troublesome experience as you have, possibly because of what i mentioned earlier^^

I dont know what that thing sticking out by the turbo inlet is; i've never seen that before.

I *may* hold off on continuing to make the custom recirc. bungs if there are a significant number of complaints. As of now, I still plan on doing them, but we'll see how things go. Although i do have to say, locals have had much better luck because I actually get to measure everything out myself.

Since it is a solid intake piece, it's very hard to move it around to your liking. The most you can do is basically rotate it. I am having a hell of a time trying to get the bungs in certain positions, but for the most part (at least so far) most buyers have been happy with the outcome.

I'm very sorry it didn't work perfectly for you. Like I said, I did mention in the first post that these are all estimated and I warned everyone. But, that doesn't mean I don't care. If you'd like to discuss it, send me a PM.

To anyone else, if you're worried about the fitment issues Yoshi had, I'd just suggest getting the intake without the recirc. bung.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #70
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Pepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nice
Quote:
His kit
10 dollar eBay intake
That does look a lot like it. I buy the couplers, clamps, etc. From a local store here in the bay area. I dont know where they get the couplers or anything from. maybe even from ebay, i didnt ask. I chose to weld the bung for the catch can in that spot because I noticed a lot of people have their catch can positioned near the radiator, so it was easiest for them just to hook up a straight hose. I made it the same size as the catch can, not the valve cover.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:28 PM   #71
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperoni
Yoshi,
Woah, lots of issues going on here. I'll try to address them all, although I never received a PM from you regarding these problems.

I did state in the original first post that these are all custom made, done by only pictures. I do my best from what I can with pictures provided by the buyer. You're right, everyone's set up is different and I can only do so much with 2D images. I do have to say though, I did only test these intakes on cars that had K&N/regular cone filters, no extensions or anything, just MAFS and filter, so yours was a bit different.

From the intakes sold, no one else has actually brought to my attention that they've had such a troublesome experience as you have, possibly because of what i mentioned earlier^^

I dont know what that thing sticking out by the turbo inlet is; i've never seen that before.

I *may* hold off on continuing to make the custom recirc. bungs if there are a significant number of complaints. As of now, I still plan on doing them, but we'll see how things go. Although i do have to say, locals have had much better luck because I actually get to measure everything out myself.

Since it is a solid intake piece, it's very hard to move it around to your liking. The most you can do is basically rotate it. I am having a hell of a time trying to get the bungs in certain positions, but for the most part (at least so far) most buyers have been happy with the outcome.

I'm very sorry it didn't work perfectly for you. Like I said, I did mention in the first post that these are all estimated and I warned everyone. But, that doesn't mean I don't care. If you'd like to discuss it, send me a PM.

To anyone else, if you're worried about the fitment issues Yoshi had, I'd just suggest getting the intake without the recirc. bung.
Aure,
Don't take this the wrong way man. I wrote a review just based on my experience. I never eMailed or PMed you about any of it, cuz it just wasn't worth it. It's a low cost mod IMO, hardly worth bickering about. I knew what you were doing (customization/guestimation wise) beforehand, so don't think the review was bashing you in any way, in fact, the opposite, it was a good effort. I tried to be very fair, and show that, or I wouldn't have given it a "B". I think that's a good grade myself. In the end it worked out, it's was just a longer journey from point A to point B than either of us thought, that's all my review was saying.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #72
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
yoshi wat kind of difference did u notice with the pipe?
Old 09-21-2005, 06:33 PM   #73
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
Aure,
Don't take this the wrong way man. I wrote a review just based on my experience. I never eMailed or PMed you about any of it, cuz it just wasn't worth it. It's a low cost mod IMO, hardly worth bickering about. I knew what you were doing (customization/guestimation wise) beforehand, so don't think the review was bashing you in any way, in fact, the opposite, it was a good effort. I tried to be very fair, and show that, or I wouldn't have given it a "B". I think that's a good grade myself. In the end it worked out, it's was just a longer journey from point A to point B than either of us thought, that's all my review was saying.
I do realize that and thank you for the "B", considering all the effort it took you to get it to work. My goal is to try to make everyone happy but unfortunately thats very hard to accomplish.

What I'm actually doing now is taking a picture of the ordered intake mounted already and sending it to the buyer. That way they can see how I designed it to be mounted, and they can tell me what needs to be changed (as far as they can tell) if anything.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:07 AM   #74
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187
yoshi wat kind of difference did u notice with the pipe?
well so far I only have my 5minute commute to judge by, but since I live in the palouse (an area of WA state that has terrain more like frisco than kansas), even that is a small workout for the car. Power increase? Maybe slightly, i'm sure it's measurable to the chassis dyno, but not the butt dyno... I DO think there was a measurable, albeit slight, improvement to throttle response.

Did you guys know there is a huge turbulence creating spring inside the stock tube? I had no idea til I took it off.

The most noticable difference is definitely the sound. My BOV is prolly about 20-30% more noticable. I say "noticable" because it's not exactly louder, (tho i'm sure it is a little bit), moreover it's more "clear". No longer as muffled sounding. The sucking sound of the intake is also much louder, until it's drowned out by the turbo once it spools.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #75
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

^^sounds yummy. i always wanted to see of a way to get rid of that pipe since that accordian looking thing on the stock one is to reduce noise and create turbulance like u said.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:30 PM   #76
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

I also thought it was weird that there was a spring inside the stock intake. I thought it was there just to avoid it collapsing under boost. Who knows how well that works... The closer the BOV to the intake, the louder it will be. I think no matter where it is though, you'll hear a difference. But like Yoshi said, the biggest difference will be the increase in spool sound. My Greddy Type S BOV outlet is almost flush with my recirc. bung maybe 2" away and you can hear it as if it was atmospheric. Maybe 20-25% quieter than atmospheric.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #77
Projekt_Sil80
Zilvia Member

Projekt_Sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yoshi, you got A/C hooked up on your SR? Looks to me that it's your A/C line thats in the way.

Also can't wait till my pipe gets in too.
'89 2tone Coupe- Daily Driver, SR20 Coming Soon.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:12 AM   #78
s14hayame
Leaky Injector

s14hayame is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey i have been lookin for pipe like this, so count me in too. please pm me on availabilty and one more thing i m not using a catch can so should i get one or it doesnt matter. thanks man
Old 09-23-2005, 12:21 AM   #79
BNRacing

Quote:
I chose to weld the bung for the catch can in that spot because I noticed a lot of people have their catch can positioned near the radiator, so it was easiest for them just to hook up a straight hose. I made it the same size as the catch can, not the valve cover.
Quote:
Some people have asked for an intake with no fittings. As of right now, I'm not offering one with no fittings. If there's enough interest, maybe I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Why aren't you selling them without the bungs and going through the trouble to make a plug if you weld them in yourself. I don't buy it.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:18 AM   #80
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Why aren't you selling them without the bungs and going through the trouble to make a plug if you weld them in yourself. I don't buy it.
If you want one without the bung, all you have to do is ask. These are all custom, after all. You get what you want. I've only had 1 person who bought an intake from me that didnt want the fitting so far.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #81
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
are you able to make the intake longer so it fits through the stock intake hole, where that black box sits? so the cone will sit behind the vent in the front bumper?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #82
shiftnslide
Zilvia Member

Quote:
hey 4 posts master flex, why would you want a turbo inlet pipe without a catch can fitting?

i'm sure aure's makin a good amount of money but whatever, i'm not gonna buy an ebay joint that prolly won't even fit right. i can't weld aluminum can you? do you have anything to contribute to this thread? no? stfu.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #83
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanguy13
are you able to make the intake longer so it fits through the stock intake hole, where that black box sits? so the cone will sit behind the vent in the front bumper?
Yeah I can leave it longer. I've done this to maybe 4 other buyer's pipes. They like to stuff it near the headlight I guess to get more air. No problem.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:44 AM   #84
nissanguy13
Zilvia Addict

nissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant futurenissanguy13 has a brilliant future
will it cost more to leave it longer?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #85
BNRacing

Quote:
hey 4 posts master flex, why would you want a turbo inlet pipe without a catch can fitting?
Why do you need a catch can, run the line to the street.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #86
shiftnslide
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Why do you need a catch can, run the line to the street.
maybe in the great frozen abyss of michigan where rock driveways and paved roads are a plenty but i'd rather not leave sludge on my driveway. thank you, come again.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #87
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanguy13
will it cost more to leave it longer?
Nah, same price. How about you send me a PM?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:14 AM   #88
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
Quote:
maybe in the great frozen abyss of michigan where rock driveways and paved roads are a plenty but i'd rather not leave sludge on my driveway. thank you, come again.
Michigans a fucking prime state and real men let oil drip!1

can you make an intake for a gt2871r that has recirc fitting and for what price pleze
Old 09-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #89
dasalnt
Leaky Injector

dasalnt is a well-known jackass
so no one else has any pics of their intake installed yet? I'm really interested in seeing some installed pics. I'll be buying one in the next day or two and wanted to get a better feel for the fit, thanks!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #90
Eternal_240Sx
Zilvia Addict

Eternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her selfEternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her self
uhhh.... theres one in the first page man... plus the one on the top of this page..
Closed Thread