Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Rear bumper / lip advice

Hi everyone. I"m looking to finish off my aero package, but I've been stuck on what to get exactly.

My current aero is:

GP Sports G-Sonic front bumper
Nissan OEM Chuki side skirts
Origin 30mm takidashi rear overfenders
Nissan OEM Kouki rear spoiler

and I know it's not exactly aero, but I also have the kouki taillights as well.

I'm trying to go for a look that's clean. As much as I love the drift look, that's just not for my car.

And before anyone says it; yes, I need to lower my car more and get proper spacers for my wheels. but remember, this is a DD, so no craziness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00003.jpg (71.4 KB, 90 views)
Old 04-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
brash boy fang. also you should lower your car and get proper spacers for your wheels, but don't go crazy since it's a dd
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Type X rear Valences? GP Sports G-sonic rear? Who cares? Its your car, you decide.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Well, of course it's ultimately my decision, but there may be something that would look great that i haven't seen before. Usually I see a ton of eBay or duraflex crap that I'd rather not waste money or time on.

My dream aero would be rocketbunny, but I'll save that for my next build.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
First off, your sideskirts don't even come close to matching your front bumper. That bumper is too aggessive for those sides. You either need another bumper, or different sideskirts. If you wanna stick with the chuki sides I think the Bomex "bonneville" rear valence would match pretty well. If you wanna change the sides, OE Kouki sides and rear valences would work. Or go with the GP sports sides and rear. You need a consistent flow for it to look right. With that aggressive bumper and the understated sides it looks awkward...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
djrice123
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
djrice123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/491571-180s...n-options.html

I got this lip on mine

djrice123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
89_240jdm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (183)
89_240jdm is on the path to ruin89_240jdm is on the path to ruin89_240jdm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 183 reviews
g-grow ...

89_240jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89_240jdm View Post
g-grow ...

I like the g-grow, but it blends better with the kouki sides than the chuki. I really like the bomex rear (http://www.raceappealkits.com/images/IMG_1700.JPG) because it's clean, or the vertex, but I don't like the rear to stick out too much, cause the 240 already has a pretty long butt.