Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
Novarider

Trader Rating: (0)
Novarider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 240sx alternator rebuild kit?

My car wouldn't start the other day so I jumped it off. I went to advance and they tested the battery and alternator. Battery was good but alternator had an excessive ripple (.24v). Now I need to replace or rebuild my alternator. Does anyone make a rebuild kit? Can I buy the parts separately somewhere?

95 240sx pretty much stock. Came with factory headlights.
Novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Your best bet is probably going to be getting a re-manufactured alternator. I've never seen a rebuild kit for an S-Chassis Alternator, but I'm sure they do exist - although considering the price of a reman, it's probably not worth the time.

Out of my own curiosity, I checked Rock Auto and Amazon, looks like a Reman runs in the neighborhood of $150 before core cost, with the final cost being anywhere in between $80 and $120.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I'll mimic thefro in saying I've never seen a rebuild kit either. REplacement KA ones are so cheap it's not even worth the worry.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You got 2 options, get a reman'd like said or find a local shop that rebuilds alternators. Those are far and few in between nowadays and will probably cost just as much as getting a reman'd if not more.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
Trader Rating: (0)
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if I remember right there are 2 different alternators for s14's also. I think one was 90 amp for the foglights and the other is 80 amp for the base model.

I learned this when mine decided to die on my way to school back in high school and I found out my car had the wrong one.

just something to consider when you look for a replacement.
genericforumname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
You can find the brushes and voltage regulators on ebay. nissan alternator brushes | eBay

I don't know which exact one you need, but I'm sure if you do a little research you should be able to figure it out..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote