Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 AM   #3421
swat310

Trader Rating: (1)
swat310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have looked and looked and cant find them can someone help me out.... I wanna get a plastic cover for my vert that covers the top when its done.
swat310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #3422
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsquirt View Post
Thought i'd refer to here for my question...
How do i take off the hex big bolt, that you turn to spin the crank/ pistons etc?
When i turn left to try to unscrew it, the crank and everything just spins that way lol..
I tried holding the camshaft with a wrench and turn that right while turning the crank one to the left, and nothing happens. It's on pretty good i must say, so i'm wondering what the technique is to unscrew that bolt???????????????????
??????????????????????????????
Easiest way is to use a impact gun. I try not to use the "hold cam and turn crankshaft bolt" method as it puts a lot of stress on the head of the cam where the cam gears attach to. Another way is to jam the flywheel if you don't have an inspection plate or through the starter hole.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #3423
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Car: 1990 240SX KA24E 5MT
Problem: Engine bogs under full throttle doesn't rev past 4000 rpm

I've looked the engine bay over and everything seems fine. Nothing is unplugged and no leaking. First rev in the video is me giving it full throttle at you can see the revs lower even when the throttle is wide open. Second rev is just half throttle to 3 and bog until 4.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...p/8594ef54.mp4

What do you guys think?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #3424
csar
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
csar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
^^^^___
Bogging issues? Hesitation? Look here. - Nissan 240SX Forums
csar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #3425
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
What position do heater hoses on a s14 sr go? Like, which one is top and bottom? Pictures welcome.
terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #3426
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
quick question, my 95 s14 has a koyo radiator and an aem short ram intake. now my clutch fan literally has about half an inch of clearance from the intake, can an oem fan shroud fit with everything? i don't wana buy one and it ends up not clearing something
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #3427
realestvin7
Zilvia Junkie

realestvin7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
motor is out of a auto 97 has about 100k on it now. ka24de.

I've looked for fuel, don't smell it in the engine bay...i smell it when i'm driving usually after the car is sitting for a while at a light. I googled the problem, and the throttle position sensor comes up.

motor was swapped at the beggining of this year. new plugs, new wires, new fuel filter. new pump now...new gaskets all around....

sounds like a plug is bad...(lawn mower sound)...i'm guessing its getting flooded. If i rev it at a stop, it'll stutter...car hasn't stalled yet, but i'm not looking forward when it happens. i still have to drive this bitch to work.
What year is your car?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #3428
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by realestvin7 View Post
What year is your car?
its a 96...diagnosed it last night....should be injectors. spitting too much fuel into the motor.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #3429
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone help me understand this synchro thing again.

Driving a little bit more, Ive found some tricks to my 3rd gear grind. I mentioned going to second before first to prevent grinding going back into first. now if i go to N back to 2, then 3rd(2nd, N, 2nd, 3rd), I wont grind. Unlike going in 2nd before going into first, i can go right into third without doubling second all the rest of the drive like the problem is fixed So is the third gear synchro getting out of line, and by doubling 2nd, im putting them back in line??? forever?? Weird.

Still going to try some amsoil. what can i expect then?
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #3430
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
just went back out, shifted the car anyway i wanted to, and cudnt get it to grind once...
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #3431
sdterrible1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
sdterrible1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
97 kouki 5spd.
Car has been Misfiring on #4 and have been trying to figure out what the issue is. I have installed new injectors, seafoamed, knock sensor, rotor, cap, wires, plugs and fuel filter. I have a new intake Mani gasket to put on this weekend as well.

What I'm wondering that if I unplug #4 injector should the car start to idle very bad? Motor rocking almost dying?
I unplugged #4 and car doesn't change idle. But if I unplug #3-1 the car will idle bad, almost shutting off.
I'm guessing that unplugging #4 should make the car do the same.
Thinking it may be a wiring problem with injector #4?

Any heldp would be great.
sdterrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #3432
TheEightyNine

TheEightyNine is an unknown quantity at this point
On my DD sohc s13 ive been using the standard 10w30 oil, my engine has about 190k on it, is there a different weight you guys recommend me use?
thanks
TheEightyNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:50 AM   #3433
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
10w40

but is there a reason you think you need a different viscosity oil?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #3434
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
why do these two sets of kouki tail lamps look different?

i have a set of oem koukis and they definitely dont look as yellow as that second picture shows them to be
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #3435
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdterrible1 View Post
97 kouki 5spd.
Car has been Misfiring on #4 and have been trying to figure out what the issue is. I have installed new injectors, seafoamed, knock sensor, rotor, cap, wires, plugs and fuel filter. I have a new intake Mani gasket to put on this weekend as well.

What I'm wondering that if I unplug #4 injector should the car start to idle very bad? Motor rocking almost dying?
I unplugged #4 and car doesn't change idle. But if I unplug #3-1 the car will idle bad, almost shutting off.
I'm guessing that unplugging #4 should make the car do the same.
Thinking it may be a wiring problem with injector #4?

Any heldp would be great.
If you unplug #4 and nothing changes, then that cylinder is not firing. The car will idle fairly well on 3 cylinders (though noticeably different than if all 4 cylinders are firing), but on 2 it will be borderline dying. That's why it runs so poorly when you unplug 1-3.

Are you getting spark on that cylinder? Also, you might be able to disconnect all of the plug wires and loosen the bolts holding in the fuel rail and have someone crank the ignition to see if the injectors are firing. Just pull the fuel rail back out of the manifold a little to see if they are squirting. I was able to do that with my redtop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartig View Post
why do these two sets of kouki tail lamps look different?

i have a set of oem koukis and they definitely dont look as yellow as that second picture shows them to be
it's the lighting of the photos. In the 2nd pic, both cars have very yellow tails. First pic looks redder than normal, possibly because of lighting, possibly tinted.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #3436
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
When installing coilovers on a S13, you know the (2) 17mm bolts for the fronts and (1) 17mm bolt for the rear that connect the knuckle and the stock struts, I'm having the most difficulty trying to break all bolts, do I need a special tool? Advice is needed please
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #3437
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

^^ u mean getting them off? have u tried pb blaster?
Old 11-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #3438
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
Yeah, I meant getting them off. I used the term "breaking" because the bolts and everything is really stiff. But no, I used WD40...is that not recommended?

I'm on jack stands if that gives you an idea of how difficult it is to actually turn the bolt. Would lifting the car real high help? for leverage?
Old 11-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #3439
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
it's the lighting of the photos. In the 2nd pic, both cars have very yellow tails. First pic looks redder than normal, possibly because of lighting, possibly tinted.
^^This. Both pics were altered to look a little better which resulted in making them look like different tails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
also a breaker bar or an impact gun.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #3440
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
use pb blaster, wd40 kinda works but its more a rust protectant/lubricant. pb blaster breaks up the rust and dirt and whatnot. but something that will really help, invest in a small air compressor that will run a impact gun. that will help you out TONS. like i dont know what i'd do if i didnt have a impact gun to use on cars.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #3441
zooopreme
Post Whore!

@c72c: Yeah I don't have access to an impact gun at the moment, so I'm stuck with wrenches and a breaker bar. But for the rears, a breaker bar is too long for any type of leverage, how can I get around that, I know for the fronts, you'll have the wrench facing you.

I've been reading coilover installs on Zilvia, NICO, etc. and everybody seems to be able to get these bolts loose without using an impact gun so please, anybody can chime in.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #3442
sdterrible1
Zilvia Member

sdterrible1 is an unknown quantity at this point
"axiomatik"

Thank you kind Sir!
sdterrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #3443
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
@c72c: Yeah I don't have access to an impact gun at the moment, so I'm stuck with wrenches and a breaker bar. But for the rears, a breaker bar is too long for any type of leverage, how can I get around that, I know for the fronts, you'll have the wrench facing you.

I've been reading coilover installs on Zilvia, NICO, etc. and everybody seems to be able to get these bolts loose without using an impact gun so please, anybody can chime in.
My local auto parts store rents out impact guns. Try your local shop. You can also ask a shop to loosen them for you, you hand tight and drive home. My bro did this and the shop didn't charge him anything.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #3444
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I meant getting them off. I used the term "breaking" because the bolts and everything is really stiff. But no, I used WD40...is that not recommended?

I'm on jack stands if that gives you an idea of how difficult it is to actually turn the bolt. Would lifting the car real high help? for leverage?
yea like silviaguy said, pb blaster breaks the rust off so its better than wd40 in that respect. try lifting the car higher or position yourself for better leverage...or impact gun for sure lol
Old 11-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #3445
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
one more question ..

are side marker lamps required by law? i know my honda accord didnt come with them.. but when i look on google it says that they are required.. i dont want them if i dont need them.
i have turn signals from the pignose.. is that enough of a position lamp?
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #3446
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ive had these wheels sitting in my garage for about a year. Buddy gave em to me, i have no idea what they are and they do fit on the 240 i was going to clean em up and put em on but i have no idea what lugnuts to use or if its even possible to mount em. I posted them in the Stance/Offset thread but it got deleted because they were not on a car and no specs that was my fault haha but any help is appreciated!

sorry for the large ass pics

TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #3447
ReaperBJJ
Leaky Injector

ReaperBJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quick question, does anybody know if the rocket bunny fender flares will fit up with a s13 silvia aero front bumper without massive body work? I dunno if I dig the rocket bunny front but I dig everything else.
ReaperBJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #3448
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
to the guy thats having mis firing problems, check your distributor and all wiring

To the guy that cant get his stock shocks off, try using a little heat, torch from lowes or something is like 30 bux and works wonders.
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #3449
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by swat310 View Post
I have looked and looked and cant find them can someone help me out.... I wanna get a plastic cover for my vert that covers the top when its done.
Its called a tonneau cover, they are uber-rare but you can find them on here and craigs occasionally. Or take this part number and try to get one from nissan but they are disco'ed as far as I know.
Pn# K3068-S13001

Quote:
When installing coilovers on a S13, you know the (2) 17mm bolts for the fronts and (1) 17mm bolt for the rear that connect the knuckle and the stock struts, I'm having the most difficulty trying to break all bolts, do I need a special tool? Advice is needed please
put a 17 on each side and turn em opposite directions. How has nobody said that yet. use a breaker bar or jack handle on your ratchet and an extended 17mm open end, and PB blast. I have never had one not come off with that combo and I think I have He-mans old car. Everything was the tightest I have ever seen bolts go on a s13.
oh and for the rears use a breaker bar or jack handle like I said and step on it.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #3450
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Thanks for all of the answers guys, but our winner is VNG704!

@WakeBHR
, I tried your method before your post and they were really stuck haha

and so I took it to a mechanic down the block and they loosened all the 17mm bolts with a impact gun for 5 bucks I drove real slow because I was afraid that the hand tightness would not hold lol