Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Meanwhile in CA..

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Escondido/...7/home/3900715

$450k for a house less than 1,000 sq. ft. near schools rated 4/10 in an average city

Then if you want to live in a really good neighborhood with good schools you need to drop closer to 7-800k. https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/...9/home/4977932

You pretty much have to commute 2 hours to work one way just to make a livable wage and live in a half-decent neighborhood that's affordable. Gonna scope out CO in December as a possible exit strategy out of this depressing state.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Meanwhile in CA..
Gonna scope out CO in December as a possible exit strategy out of this depressing state.

Full up, sorry.

But for real, there is a major deficit in homes right now; so sooner rather than later. Renters know this and are price gouging like CRAZY. In the Springs, it's cheaper to buy than rent and only gets worse the further north towards Denver you get. I live in one of the hottest zip codes for real estate in the country right now and in a very desirable area; listings were averaging 72-96hrs on the market this past summer.

I lucked out on our house. Closed @ $265K, Market Value of of $315K in 15mo of ownership . House needs a new paint scheme and bathroom updates but should be able to eek out $350K without much effort. Established neighborhood, circa late 90's. 2975sqft, 3bd/2.5ba, master suite with 2-car garage.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
Full up, sorry.

But for real, there is a major deficit in homes right now; so sooner rather than later. Renters know this and are price gouging like CRAZY. In the Springs, it's cheaper to buy than rent and only gets worse the further north towards Denver you get. I live in one of the hottest zip codes for real estate in the country right now and in a very desirable area; listings were averaging 72-96hrs on the market this past summer.

I lucked out on our house. Closed @ $265K, Market Value of of $315K in 15mo of ownership . House needs a new paint scheme and bathroom updates but should be able to eek out $350K without much effort. Established neighborhood, circa late 90's. 2975sqft, 3bd/2.5ba, master suite with 2-car garage.
I'm paying $2k a month to rent an 850 sq. ft. condo with the Third Reich as an HOA. The market is actually slowing down here in San Diego. The weather is nice down here, but it's not $600k nice. Also, if I have to smog my s14 again I'm gonna lose it.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I'm paying $2k a month to rent an 850 sq. ft. condo with the Third Reich as an HOA. Also, if I have to smog my s14 again I'm gonna lose it.
You be perfectly at home then!! One of the only places I considered renting was $1600/mo. With the dogs, it was $1800. Factor in that they wants 1st/last/security, $150 application fee per adult resident and as most places require; have to make x3 monthly rent. Only a 1250 sqft apartment with a single garage and 1 parking space. I would have been 6 stacks deep before move in..helllllllllllllll no.

I pay $1600, all in for my mortgage. Also, El Paso county....what emissions? safety inspections..huh? I can renew my registration at a kiosk on my way out of the grocery store, hahahah. Fucking love it here! I wish I'd have gotten stationed here 6-9 years ago and bought a house..sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

I lucked out on our house. Closed @ $265K, Market Value of of $315K in 15mo of ownership . House needs a new paint scheme and bathroom updates but should be able to eek out $350K without much effort.

Man, did I end up underestimating this. Wife and I woke up one morning about a month ago and said lets build a new house. Called up my friend to list it, another to toss on a fresh coat of paint inside and it went live a week later. $375K cash, 20 over asking, under contract in 11hrs with a 2 week close.

Shit is absolutely ridiculous right now. I don't know how much more this market is going to peak because we're hitting an affordability cap on new homes for like 75% of the people living here so we cashed in now. I think at the date of listing, there were 278? homes for sale in a county with almost 800k people living in it.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #6
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
$375K cash, 20 over asking, under contract in 11hrs with a 2 week close.

We did the same thing in the fall. decided to sell and move out of the Toronto Area. Our house sold for 125K over asking in just 1 week. We walked away with almost 700K above and beyond what we had into the property.

Our new house is on 2 acres in the woods, 4 car garage and half the price.

Either way glad to take advantage of the current housing situation.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #7
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
We did the same thing in the fall. decided to sell and move out of the Toronto Area. Our house sold for 125K over asking in just 1 week. We walked away with almost 700K above and beyond what we had into the property.

Are you commuting to work further? Within reason, I'd always trade some proximity to the city for more space. My wife and I purchased a house this past December in the outskirts of San Diego country and my commute went from 30min to an hour, which is still acceptable imo. We went from renting an 800 sq ft condo w/ a shared single carport to a 3000sq ft house with a 3-car garage so I'm definitely enjoying that.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #8
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Damn dude! Your new property looks like a hell of an opportunity. I’m happy for you!
Thanks we cant wait to start making it our own once winter is over and the snow clears

Quote:
Are you commuting to work further? Within reason, I'd always trade some proximity to the city for more space. My wife and I purchased a house this past December in the outskirts of San Diego country and my commute went from 30min to an hour, which is still acceptable imo. We went from renting an 800 sq ft condo w/ a shared single carport to a 3000sq ft house with a 3-car garage so I'm definitely enjoying that.
Sounds like a great change of pace.

We moved everything and got new jobs in and around our new town. The commute is a little more distance wise but with zero traffic. Cost of living is 1/3 what it was in the city and our household income has even gone up by 10% so we are really enjoying the new lifestyle.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:24 PM   #9
Alex Mcknz

Alex Mcknz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post

It looks spacious, congratulations on your new home.
Alex Mcknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Meanwhile in CA..

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Escondido/...7/home/3900715

$450k for a house less than 1,000 sq. ft. near schools rated 4/10 in an average city

Then if you want to live in a really good neighborhood with good schools you need to drop closer to 7-800k. https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/...9/home/4977932

You pretty much have to commute 2 hours to work one way just to make a livable wage and live in a half-decent neighborhood that's affordable. Gonna scope out CO in December as a possible exit strategy out of this depressing state.
Yeah GL with that. CO is hot now and homes have been exponentially increasing in pricing....
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote