Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #121
zeek
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
All Joking aside that last picture would be bad ass in a pickup or suburban. Just imagine a 12 second family suburban.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #122
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoNights
Hey I was just sharing ideas with makoto thats all. Opinions too, its just the fuckin internet relax, dont get your panties in a bunch. You dont even know me and youre throwing around personal attacks, shit its not even your thread to shit on.
I can see it now budget pos v8 s13 turns into a money pit with stock suspension and brakes, carborated too movin up in the world.
done, have fun

1-the "ideas" you were sharing werent helpful. They werent constructive, but rather trying to dis the whole idea and to that i say FU.

2-no this isnt my thread but makoto and I coincidentally got interested in this at the same time. And after some convos on AIM, he made this thread.

3-you are confused i think...you said you wanted an "exotic" motor. That's the word you used right? ie: expensive and inefficient but rare. And hard/costly to fix, replace and tune. And at the same time you say that THIS project will be overbudget. ? And somehow, when i do this swap..the roll cage, coilovers, brakes that are already in my car will have magically dissappeared in an attempt to put a 3 thousand dollar engine in there. And at that point i will pull my sr out and then ship it out to the next fool that want to tinker with it and get my money back. Then i will cry because you didnt approve of it. Then i will cry again when i replace a camshaft for a couple hundred bucks and gain only 30hp from it. Then once again when i get my heads ported for a measly 50hp. Then i will be on the verge of suicide because my "dinasaur motor that everyone and their mother has" just isnt cutting it anymore.

"Just buy a fuckin mustang if you want a 5.0 so bad
but I guess crossbreeding is popular in texas
Homo errotic 2jz? haha have fun with your dinosaur pushrod"

"Who cares?
If I wanted to tow id have a diesel"

"KA-T
Cheaper, parts are everywere, no need to tune since the enthalpy ecu just came out, broad powerband, torque up the ass, hammer on it reliability, make 300hp on stock internals all day.
Simple.
what side are you guys on domestic "

cheaper? ya if you are dumb enough not to rebuild it for race use
parts are everywhere? ya for the LS1 and 302...get your heads ported at the supermarket while you wait in line at the deli.
torque up the ass? whetever makes you happy
hammer on it reliability? not compared to n/a v-8
300hp on stock internals all day? i want mine to last for more than a day.

"That lex v8 is big pimpin" (hypocryte? bosozoku?)sp?

"Yea real fuckin GHEY, dont get mad just because you cant afford it,, Im shure what you got is better anyway, right? haha

All this slobbering on a run of the mill dinosaur pushrod smallblock that everyone and their mom has. Id be looking for something more exotic for all that trouble."

"carborated too "
hey whatever works right?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #123
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
3. was a hint for makoto to do that stuff first since his is all stock.

Its all gravy I was just burning time.
Have fun with the pig like I said
Old 02-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #124
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
ok thanks i will. btw nice sig. have a good one
Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 PM   #125
meatish
Zilvia Junkie

meatish is a well-known jackass
omg the gayness of this thread has reached 11.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:09 PM   #126
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
DIAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
ok thanks i will. btw nice sig. have a good one
nice edit.
no hard feelings homie, its all in good fun.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #127
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
I can see it now budget pos v8 s13
budget pos? i took a 15 year old beat to hell car and made it look almost new again. if that is somehow bastardizing your whole idea of what a car enthusiest is then perhaps you should reevaluate the goals set before you. maybe it would be in your best interest to speak less like a diehard import loving JDM nut ricer and more like a real gear head that just shoots for a goal and uses every means attainable to REACH said goal.

you, sir, are the blind lamb being lead by your ricer fetishes. afraid to think outside of your JDM stamped box and too closed minded to see the forrest for the trees.

Quote:
turns into a money pit
are you smoking crack? of course its a money pit. what gain could i have from spending thousands of dollars on a 15 year old car?

Quote:
with stock suspension and brakes
technically poly bushings under the whole car constitutes a suspension modification... but i'll let the brand new SPL coilovers drive the point home, k?

despite the overwhelming size of your mouth i can only guess that it must hurt to have both your feet in it.

how ever will you stand?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #128
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

-me being a ricer couldnt be further from the truth
-I was an auto tech. at a huge ford dealership and worked on/drove more ford v8s than you propably ever seen
-who gives a fuck anyway
-dont take this shit so seriously
-KTS/ I figured you would have posted pics like your italian leather shiftknob
Old 02-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #129
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm not a ricer! Some of my best friends own domestics!
Old 02-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #130
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
-I was an auto tech. at a huge ford dealership and worked on/drove more ford v8s than you propably ever seen
yeah i've never seen that many fords. i speak from gross ignorance. i mean, other than the fact that my family owns several dealerships and my dad's side is fuggin ford fureakish.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #131
Var
Post Whore!

ok fellas, what's new on this? Doug..have you tried sourcing a motor? what are the prices looking like?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #132
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

might have a problem clearing the front sway bar
Old 02-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #133
Var
Post Whore!

yes every swap i've heard of needed a new oil pan. The guy who did the LS1 in the S14 said he used a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer sump pan. I'll be looking into this as well.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:53 AM   #134
AlligatorBling
BANNED

AlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to AlligatorBling Send a message via Yahoo to AlligatorBling
you know.... i was looking at my car today after work.... and g d it would be sexy with a v8 in it.... na mega hp and torque.... this is sort of a revival of the 240 and 280z v8 swap.... it will be done.... it will happen.... and there will be support for it. there will be dual exhaust out of the back of a fastback s13, and a 11 second 1/4 mile time slip to go with it.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #135
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I know you have all pretty much dismissed the vh motor but does anyone have those pics from the earlier post on drifting.com the links to work anymore or even the guy who was doing the vh41de swaps info?
btw I think ls1 is a very good option for the v8 swap. I agree with reliablility I am looking for around 300whp but I want to beat on it all day long. Thats why I love my ka right now it has enough torque to be fun and I can beat on it for days.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #136
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
302 will be cheap ever compared to damn RB swap.

now for the rest of the crowd,

id love to see a 302 in a 240. it does not, i repeat, NOT, belong into the mustangs. Domestic market has great engines, like 302 and lt1 for this kinda of swap; the market just doesnt have good cars. (besides a vet. obviuosly).

fuck your camaro, fuck your 5.0, fuck all your shit. pull the engine out and burn the slopy pig. put the engine into a 240. or better a miata.

thanks,
Im done now.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #137
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
i want to keep this alive, since i missed it...

heres what im thinking about doing.

instead of an ls1, go for an older 350, no wiring would be its best benefit and you could put the money you saved into go fast parts as well

and possibly a tremec 5sp tranny to go with it or a cheap built auto tranny to go with it

check this out: http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_ce_350.htm
for $2,000 thats a steal for something built like that, all its missing is a few goodies that really arent that expensive...

this whole project can be done as cheap as you can make it or expensive as hell, just like any other project
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #138
MakotoS13
BANNED

the only downside to carb'd is the unpredictable nature of it (weather changes/humidity) AND the horrible gas mileage BUT it'd be fuggin cool as HELL havin a carb'd 240 rollin around town.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #139
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
if you get one of those nice new carbs, it really shouldnt be a problem...

im really going to do this, but its going to take a while...

all i need to do is find a 350 to build hell, might even get a stroker kit for it

do you think i could just modify the support to hold the weight and new motormounts, or should i just make a custom piece w/ motormounts?

another thing, is there a weight difference between a ls1 and say a carbed 350?
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #140
s14 blacktop
Zilvia Member

s14 blacktop is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14 blacktop Send a message via MSN to s14 blacktop Send a message via Yahoo to s14 blacktop
heres some more info, dont know if its been covered though. some guy I sold my KA to, said the LT1 motor mounts are movable to where you can adjust the motor in the engine bay so that means you can move it to sit close to the firewall elimenating the balancing issue..
Old 03-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #141
MakotoS13
BANNED

if i was goin carb'd i'd totally have a 302. ford V8's reign supreme in my world.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:48 PM   #142
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
fuck yea they do. my friend is geting his 302 build to match 600hp. crazy shit... and thats a daily driven mustang, he got lots suspension mods too. fuckin fassssst
Old 06-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #143
MakotoS13
BANNED

the ls1 project is getting a green light. when i make all the hardware i'll do my best to make duplicates of whatever and blueprints of the stuff in case anyone wants to do the Na thing too.

by the end of the summer official work begins.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:11 AM   #144
420sx
Post Whore!

fuck yea doug. do it biznach! you can do it! (rob shneider voice)
Old 06-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #145
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hopefully you guys would be sane enough to have a kick ass suspension/brakes to enjoy that v8... the swap would be pretty stupid like all those guys who put rbs and into stock ass cars...
Old 06-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #146
MakotoS13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
hopefully you guys would be sane enough to have a kick ass suspension/brakes to enjoy that v8... the swap would be pretty stupid like all those guys who put rbs and into stock ass cars...
nah, im just gonna keep the car all stock.

open diff too.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #147
Var
Post Whore!

I have coilovers and solid subframe bushings plus other small pieces like rear upper controls arms, tie rods, tension rods, 2 way LSD. I got some 17x9 wheels ready for some stickies, right now only running 215's and 225's. The only thing i dont have is brakes cause mine is a drift car and the stock brakes with good pads work fine until you start doing some serious braking and overheating, which isnt happening so far. I would make it a priority even before i put the engine in if it was a road race car. I think Makoto will get his done before mine cause i dont have time to work on my car right now plus i dont wanna pull my engine halfway through the season and miss out on all the night drifting @ Altamont.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #148
Var
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
nah, im just gonna keep the car all stock.

open diff too.

I dont get it. Was that supposed to be sarcasm? Cause there ARE peope like that just to let you know. And it's sad
Old 06-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #149
pruto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
to answer your question westborough. ls1 with tremec 6 speed usually runs around $4000. The engine alone is about $2500, if you want to source a cheaper tranny then you can get it for less, but i think that 6 speed is as much of an badass upgrade as the ls1 itself.

also, wiring is about $1000 at least for a painless setup (standard on ls1 hybrids). Then you have to add in custom exhaust, worrying about clearing the crossmember, possibly custom oilpan and crossmember, clearing front and rear sways (exhaust), fitment of 6 speed, location of shifter, engine mounts, whether you can keep power steering, heating issues.

Realistically, you're looking at about 10k with engine minimum if you don't have a) connections or b) mad skillz.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #150
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Well as soon as I get back from my roadtrip this summer I'm going to begin sourcing a 302 for my ae86, then into the fab shop it goes.
Closed Thread