Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
2, 40oz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
2, 40oz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 2, 40oz
need engine rebuild sr socal

I have an S14 SR blacktop and I have come to the conclusion that i need an engine rebuild.
My compression on clilynder 1 was 30 psi and its burning oil...
And now i need to shop around so im asking my fellow zilvia members
where can i get it rebuild?
how much?
Should i cheap out with OEM pistons or buy some performance pistons, If so will i need new rods?
I should might as well, get the engine port and polished. And get a metal headgasket..
2, 40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
sr20 driver
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20 driver has made poor choicessr20 driver has made poor choicessr20 driver has made poor choicessr20 driver has made poor choicessr20 driver has made poor choicessr20 driver has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i got 3 pistons left over from my blown redtop sr if u still need one give me an offer to privat messages
sr20 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
marco at www.sr20store.com or garage works in palmdale

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
180sx_Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection180sx_Drifter is close to perfection
+1 for marco at sr20store located in Gardena off the 91 west.

180sx_Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
wylin
Zilvia Addict

wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
+1 one to marco at sr20store as well

James at G-dimension.com is good too if you are in the 626 area.

Time for some upgraded pistons i'd suggest, might as well since you'll pay most of the same labor regardless. norm had a similar problem with his green/ blue S14 (usdm180sx), you might want to PM and ask him what he used.

If the engine is going to be taken apart, you might as well upgrade. Have a talk with James or Marco for what they suggest in your budget. I'd suggest CP piston and brian crower rods + since the heads coming off to change the head gasket and valve springs at least.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
2, 40oz
Leaky Injector

Thanks for all your help, i'll deff talk to them
+1 for all who help me
Old 02-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
wylin
Zilvia Addict

wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
James at G-dimension wired my S14 back in 2002, he's a cool guy, very knowledgeable, for him and marco its best to stop by and talk to them in person.

Marco though make sure you call ahead because he is sometimes out of the office doing pick ups.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #8
2, 40oz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylin View Post
James at G-dimension wired my S14 back in 2002, he's a cool guy, very knowledgeable, for him and marco its best to stop by and talk to them in person.

Marco though make sure you call ahead because he is sometimes out of the office doing pick ups.
I heard that marco and his crew does great quality work.. but for a high cost,
G-dimension rebuilds?
im trying to get the best bang for my buck
How about R&D? ive heard good stuff about them
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
wylin
Zilvia Addict

well sr20store is actually cheaper than g-dimension, because marco will quote u high on the phone then give a better quote in person once u get to talk to him. Sr20store is a smaller operation. Mostly just Marco alone + 2 extra people who help with wiring and rb swaps. he's more booked generally and slower but in turn 20% cheaper. Sr20store is 800-900 sq foot and your basic 2 car repair shop. Sr20store is purely engine and engine related labor (eg clutch, ac lines, etc). But they are a good source for used spares.

G-dimension does only labor and performance tuning. They are a bigger operation with 60,000 sq feet and access to dyno tuning, welding, and fab services. They can store your car and give you other options like allignment (by alex pfieffer form formula D judging) and do suspension install. They can built your car completely from start to finish, rebuild, cage, suspension, swaps, etc...

rnd i'm not familiar with them, but my friend carina says they are knowledgeable.

if it was my money i'd talk to both of them. Actually my original car ( http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...lins14pro.html ) is being rebuilt by G-dimension because the new owner wanted some changes.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Hear good things about G-Dimension but have no experience with them. I can, however, vouch for Marco. Knows his shit and is really cool to deal with once you know him. One of OG Nissan shops in Socal.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
how about using the regional forums next time. that is why they are there.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
DunG HAB SP

DunG HAB SP is an unknown quantity at this point
my bet would be james at g-dimension. my grampa built his motor over there. and has been through alot of shops in the past 2 years of his build and so far g-dimension has been top notch. and we have been bringing in all of our cars there.
DunG HAB SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
wylin
Zilvia Addict

g-dimension history is pretty simple its james chang from phase2 who started g-dimension, specifically he did the wiring up to about 2004 for phase2motortrend.com decided to focus on labor once phase2 was exiting the swap/ labor market.