Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Internet providers in the San Diego Area

I just moved from norcal to socal recently, and I noticed that the internet at my aunt's house really really sucks balls, 8down and 1up (average 200kbps down and I don't know what the up is). When I was in norcal, I had comcast internet and my down/up was 25/10 (averaged 3mbps down and 1mbps up).

are there any internet providers like comcast that are similar in socal? My aunt has Time Warner and the max I've seen with powerboost is 15mbps.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
nothing like comcast but the major providers I've been using is Cox. Its average and its not that great, but gets the job done. I moved from SF back to SD in January welcome to the neighborhood.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
I have SBC internet and it loads pages up easily. the only thing is some of their routers have compatibility issues with Macs so if you have an apple might want to check what router works best.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
thank you w0nderbr3ad, Cox is not available in my area though.

SBC/AT&T internet if I am correct? AT&T sucks for bandwidth (even with their U-Verse, my friend got it in norcal, and I don't think I'll be ordering that).

I basically need faster internet because I am a hardcore gamer + I love to download a lot of stuff. If this is the best internet that I can get, then I miss norcal, lol.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I know what you mean..when I first played with comcast in san bruno..i was rollin in DL heaven. I would just stick with SBC or maybe roadrunner if its in the area. Don't know if roadrunner is still in existence though or how they've improved with their networks since a few years ago.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
thank you w0nderbr3ad, Cox is not available in my area though.

SBC/AT&T internet if I am correct? AT&T sucks for bandwidth (even with their U-Verse, my friend got it in norcal, and I don't think I'll be ordering that).

I basically need faster internet because I am a hardcore gamer + I love to download a lot of stuff. If this is the best internet that I can get, then I miss norcal, lol.
well i play PS3 with sbc with no lag ever, unless the host is laggy... but i can host games easily. music downloads take a second. uploading pics like 10 seconds... not that bad, i have their second best available service for internet.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:44 AM   #7
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
well i just moved to oceanside and i have cox. 25d/10up

so uh. other than that, try time warner?

not alot of areas have the infrastructure for fast internet yet.

the fastest i had before i moved here was 600kbs dl speeds with ATT Elite and at the time i thought that was fast.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
1on1
Post Whore!

I did a little research and Road Runner is a side company for Time Warner (or partnered). Hosting games on any console shouldn't be no problem but if you play MMO's on a computer, it is way more intense.

Sometimes my downloads go up to 400kbps, and I feel a little better. I just miss having 3mbs download speed. I guess, I have to suck it up and deal with this speed.

Cox is not available in my area which sucks.

I can't wait until Google releases their Giganet service, imagine 1Gbps down.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #9
marcencar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
marcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to marcencar
check if Verizon is in your area and get fios if it is available.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #10
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Ithical is making a name for him/her selfIthical is making a name for him/her self
verizon is NOT in the SD area unless you're northern county, ie. Temecula area. My AT&T gets 620kbps it's eh. Cox is decent unless you're in peak hrs. My friend gets about 1.5mbps during non-peak hours. So it's a toss up. But those are your choices. Time warner is much like Cox. I thought Cox was allowed in your area my bad.. Guess I need to read more lol.
Ithical is offline   Reply With Quote