Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #14791
carmaniac1993
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
carmaniac1993 is on the path to ruincarmaniac1993 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMwannaBE View Post
Anyone going to FD round 2 in Atl?

Rules(i know it's already on here somewhere, but i love it):
yea i think im gonna be there. weekend is FULL of drifting.getting to atl early friday, goin to pro am, saturday watching the pros till probably 3 or so then leaving back for nashville for a back to back saturday night and sunday night drift event! gonna be fucking awsome.
carmaniac1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #14792
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have 160k miles on my bone stock KA with a 2871r on 10 psi, 550cc injectors, and an enthalpy tune around 280-300rwhp... never had a single issue out of it.

i think the guys giving KA-Ts a bad name are the ones building the motor themselves, putting a giant t3t4 turbo on 15lbs and trying to tune them for the 1st time with an safc or a stand alone...

Yes, they are a little more finicky than a lot of other motors, but just like with anything, treat them right and they will treat you right.
vas570sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #14793
venom_5
Zilvia Member

venom_5 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know i havent been in this thread for LITERALLY 45 pages ... ill catch up on those this weekend probably, but:

IF ANY OF THE REGULARS HERE ARE GONNA BE IN ATLANTA THIS WEEKEND FOR IA ... Let me know ... if anything zenki-esque is going on, just shoot me a PM or something

on sunday, just look for the bone stock blurple s14 with the beat up rear end and no rear bumper [promise im gonna get it fixed next month, but its $1800]
Old 04-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #14794
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #14795
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Nobody take it personal (its just an engine). But even KA-T owners are saying it's not cost effective. In my opinion high HP SR's aren't either, and I've done two.
i agree with your 100% 4 cyinders are just not cost effective your better off spending the extra money of a ls1 6 cylinder ect cause reguardless 80% of the time u end up spending the same amount over the long term anyways
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #14796
Kooki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kooki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14fbs View Post
i agree with your 100% 4 cyinders are just not cost effective your better off spending the extra money of a ls1 6 cylinder ect cause reguardless 80% of the time u end up spending the same amount over the long term anyways
Sure they are.. Im at 2500 into a s14sr setup with 28r and is great..No need to make 400hp+ but even if u did the motor with hold in stock for both sr and ka.. Its all in the tuning.. I kno a lot will disagree with me but its tru... Im def. not anti v8 either tho, ls1 with a mild cam and headers and ur makin 400+ to the wheels easy
Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #14797
Sugoi_Style
Zilvia Junkie

Sugoi_Style is an unknown quantity at this point
^True. Being a SR owner, it's truly the set-up that counts. However on the flipside, LS-series engines make more sense stateside. If I had to do another swap, it would be a LS1 or if the situation presented itself, a VQ (price and availability considered.)
Old 04-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #14798
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^ id go SR for sure or even go LS1 but im on the fence about it (but leaning toward the SR)...im just waiting till my KA gives out...so ill just refresh my suspension cause i know its needed and just keep saving up till then...
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #14799
harangatang
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
harangatang can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The motor issue (talk) all depends on what you plan to do with the car, and what you want from it.
My goal is 450whp. Or maybe more for street pulls. SR's and ka's would both have to be built for that hp. Why spend 2k on a motor, then another 2k or so to build it, when you can spend 2k on a motor that can handle it stock, without doing a damn thing to it?? Ohh, and the tranny for sr's/ka's BLOW. Literally and figuratively.
A 1J will make me happy. Without even replacing the headgasket. And the hot side of the motor is opposite from the BMC== no brake boiling, and A LOT more room to play with wastegates, downpipes, etc etc

SR's are more oriented for a DD, 300whp car and weekend fun. And Ka-t's... I don't even know haha

My

harangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #14800
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooki View Post
Sure they are.. Im at 2500 into a s14sr setup with 28r and is great..No need to make 400hp+ but even if u did the motor with hold in stock for both sr and ka.. Its all in the tuning.. I kno a lot will disagree with me but its tru... Im def. not anti v8 either tho, ls1 with a mild cam and headers and ur makin 400+ to the wheels easy
Very correct. 300 is perfect for an SR. A little less for a KA. Tune is the most important thing in keeping a motor together.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #14801
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Everyone should just sell their 240s and buy Camaros, they come with LS1 stock!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #14802
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

pic jackin' from JDMST like always (from 2009 this time) ;D
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #14803
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Everyone should just sell their 240s and buy Camaros, they come with LS1 stock!
Signature worthy...HAHA!

tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #14804
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I was looking into an inline 6, blah blah, 1JZGTE and RB, but i realized im really not going for any more than maybe like 300-350. So I mean, of course they sound amazing, and you can have fun with them stock. Although they do have their benefits, but parts are so easy to come by for SRs around me. So why not save the cash?
But kinda pointless in my personal situation. Ive learned it really is all in the tuning though.
Thats somewhere i will not cheap out.

On the Zenki topic: I think that looks crazy as hell^ I really like the (portioned?) front fender piece .
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #14805
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Low HP RB is so much more fun that high HP SR to me.

What ever happend to DuffDude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post

Old 04-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #14806
joel.e.krueger
Zilvia Member

joel.e.krueger is an unknown quantity at this point
That car was a lot of inspiration to the stuff I did to my car. Still easily in my top 5 favorite zenkis
Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #14807
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
My navan 14 at a drift day, i WAS a wheelarch/loom virgin, but that popped as my bonnet did when my shit cut out and i had to spend a good hour taping my wires back together and replacing fuses

ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #14808
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Looks awesome.

But i didnt understand much of what you said haha
Old 04-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #14809
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What ever happend to DuffDude?
That dude started to wrap his s14 in sparkle red vinyl then sold his s14 for a te72 corolla+ fixed gear. He had an s13 after the corolla wagon and then I dunno what he does now
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #14810
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Oh man. I'm glad he didn't get to finish with sparkles. What's the rage with fixed gears? Ive never ridden one. Are they really fast ?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #14811
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
They are simple and fun to bomb around a city environment... And look cool at times when well built (like cars)
Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #14812
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac1993 View Post
yea i think im gonna be there. weekend is FULL of drifting.getting to atl early friday, goin to pro am, saturday watching the pros till probably 3 or so then leaving back for nashville for a back to back saturday night and sunday night drift event! gonna be fucking awsome.
same ^^ probably won't bring the pink car to atlanta, as there's no local event on sunday after FD this year (boooooooo!), but i'll be driving it at nashville the next weekend!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #14813
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezza View Post
My navan 14 at a drift day, i WAS a wheelarch/loom virgin, but that popped as my bonnet did when my shit cut out and i had to spend a good hour taping my wires back together and replacing fuses
<picture>
Apparently UK is on the no helmet whilst driving on a track with a cute girl in the passenger seat steez too? I though that was only the West Coast...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #14814
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kOOpA View Post
same ^^ probably won't bring the pink car to atlanta, as there's no local event on sunday after FD this year (boooooooo!), but i'll be driving it at nashville the next weekend!
So no mdu round 2 for you?? I was gonna go to the nashville event that weekend but I signed up for round 2 instead...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #14815
iROCKchucks
Leaky Injector

iROCKchucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Ka24deT:
Like our first memory of losing our virginity, she has been there from the beginning, and is the most fast effective way to get a turbo engine, but due to this this unknown feeling of more power a turbo gives a person **power lust**.... the ka lacks, and then engine blows or consecutive down times.

Sr20det:
Like being the Michael Jackson of all the engine swaps is the easyist to install and parts are so main stream now and easy to find and source, the choice is pretty much made. But people have labled this engine so cliche and age has caught up to these engines so rebuilds are a becoming a must now, so people are hesitant to go this route... **would recommend**

RB25det:
The work horse, the superman of the justice league, is a strong beefy swap. Bullet proof, strong, sound epic,... pretty affordable.But wait... these swaps are not for people new to the scene or not mechanically incline, a swap for most experienced 240s owners. These swaps need custom parts and parts are harder to obtain and a lot more expensive ex: greddy intake plentium is $1000 bucks.

1jz or 2jz Toyota engine:
Like being The smarter, better looking, more popular, more loved sibling in your family, is a amazing engine. Bullet proof, can hold HP like a prize fighter. Opposite intake and exhaust ports are ideal for u.s. 240's. Sound amazing and pull like a jet fighter, and take bolt on's and can instantly be felt. But... parts and sourcing parts are pricey and are going to eat thru your paychecks.

LS1,LS2 V8:
"Get to the choppa" arnold. Being the body builder, incredible hulk, of a engine. Is the best and most logical choice, hey we Americans made it, the HP power is there, and torque is amazing. The weight is almost compared to the ka24 and the bolt on's are affordable and take to this engine like pizza to potheads at cici's, instantly felt and HP rises.

But this swap is being more and more adapted to imports, aka formula D, for the power and reliability they are....BUt I think they take away from the reason why we fell inlove with our cars and what made us nut over the turbo spooling of Sr's and inline 6's... but evolving is a must.

Omitted Rb26, ca, and otherz cuz not that popular.
My opinion, so don't flame me
iROCKchucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #14816
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
cool story bro.

also, about the battery talk, I have an energizer riding lawn mower battery in my trunk powering my car, Cost like 45 dollars at Autozone, and is the size of a brick. I have had it for about 3 years.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #14817
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Although i do agree with what you said about LS1s, i also agree that they are extremely practical.
I feel like it takes away from what was started, its more like powersliding at 4k. Sure it looks pretty but something always comes into mind, a friend once told me "theres nothing like the sounds of a struggling turbo motor getting lose, its just more fun to me".

Although i do agree that LS1s are a smart choice, i think id be reluctant to do that swap. Then again, im not really into drifting. I like the analogies though.

Also, my buddy has a brail battery thats tiny as hell too, like a brick, and thats lasted him years.

More zenki content- Kookis car
Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #14818
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
zenki is growing on me
qwerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #14819
Kooki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kooki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
My goal is 450whp. Or maybe more for street pulls. SR's and ka's would both have to be built for that hp. Why spend 2k on a motor, then another 2k or so to build it, when you can spend 2k on a motor that can handle it stock, without doing a damn thing to it??
Gotta disagree with ur statement.. SR and even KAs will handle that 450 range in stock form.. A built motor is insurance but why spend the cash on forged internals if you have someone that knows what there doing tune a car..again tune is a BIG factor in making a reliable setup..A shit ass tune on a "Built" motor will do the same a stock motor would do..BOOM..

my
Old 04-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #14820
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
A 450whp stock KA will explode....it doesn't matter who tunes it, its only a matter of time, the internals aren't made to handle it. Once you go over 300whp on a KA you are just waiting for shit to happen.

I am not saying that to bash KAs or anything, I far prefer them over SRs as far as power/feel goes, but if you want to reliably make 300+whp you need to build the motor.

Sure, some people are lucky and get away with it, but sooner or later something will give out on a stock bottom end. I mean you could do a super cheap-o build and just do head/rod bolts, and pistons to make 300-350whp all day long, but you may as well save up the extra 4-500 for rods at that point.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote