Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-27-2015, 06:56 AM   #1081
meinsmeins

Trader Rating: (0)
meinsmeins is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post
not sure if serious on the jb weld, but it could work i guess. maybe if you find a grub screw (set screw) that fits, and add jb weld to it like loctite, then put filler over it, that might work.

when i shaved most of my bay, i used a bunch of fiberglass reinforced body filler. if you think you will have more than a 1/4" gap anywhere i would use that.

another option that comes to mind is grinding to bare metal and putting an etching primer on the back and front sides and using fiberglass/body filler.
Thanks for the replies guys, i think the JB weld would do fine. If i apply it from inside of wheelwell, then put bondo on from the inside of bay and paint it. I mean the Wheelwell insides can be imperfect and the bond should be somewhat fine , i think. it's all prep work
meinsmeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #1082
Beaupro44

Beaupro44 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 OK guy its taking forever to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_ View Post
love this thread! such an inspiration.. I just completed step 1 of moving my fuse box into the cabin to neaten things up. I'll get some engine bay shots soon. Just very glad to finish the inside wiring

Relays mounted behind the cd din and fuses in the centre console.

OKay this is what i am looking at doing. its been a week looking into doing this, looking into relays, as well as searching all the forms. i got some very good tips just from this form. I just have a few question's because i know theres a lot of knowledge.
Here is what i am ordering del city 12 fuse panel with grounding. hi amp 100 am circuit breaker. 10 rolls of 18 gauge wire different color from wire barn. http://www.wirebarn.com/30-Amp-12-VD...ail_p_193.html as well as 6 of these.
i am looking at keeping power windows, wipers , headlights flip up style, blikers, this is still going to be a street car. Sorry guys dont post on forms a ton.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #1083
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Keep us updated on your progress, i feel like this thread should have so much more info in it.

Sent from my iPhone using that one app for browsing forums
Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #1084
Beaupro44

I agree been looking around for days for days for more info.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #1085
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully i'll be able to post up my setup in here once i get it finished. I didn't do the majority of the work on my tuck, but i am going to clean it up some.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #1086
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Currently in progress, custom fuse/relay panel that a friend and I are working on for a s13 that will be running a vq35de swap.

SEE POST FURTHER DOWN

Last edited by Nissansota240; 07-01-2015 at 07:48 AM..
Nissansota240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #1087
Beaupro44

That looks sick man. Really neat loving it what fuse blocks are u using?
Old 05-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #1088
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaupro44 View Post
That looks sick man. Really neat loving it what fuse blocks are u using?
A majority of all wiring stuff I get is from waytekwire.com, also helps that they are somewhat local.

The fuse blocks that I'm running are these ones
http://www.waytekwire.com/item/46053...BLOCK-12-GANG/
Old 06-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #1089
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hey man I'm In the process of relocating my fuseboxes to the glovebox. One of the multi-ground terminals off the chassis harness is conveniently close to one of the metal dash mounting points on the passenger side up by the windshield. Is this an okay place to ground to? I sanded the paint off
Old 06-30-2015, 06:34 AM   #1090
Danstachet
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Danstachet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys,

I've been working on this diagram for a little while now. I wanted to try and figure out as much as i could and get it on "paper" before posting in here. There's already too many posts out there where people ask questions before doing a little work themselves. I didn't want to be one of those guys.

Well here's what I've come up with so far. I have Silvia front, so i completely redid the power routing for the headlights. I've got a few questions noted on the diagram if anybody could give me a little input. Also, not sure how to figure out what amperage i need for the relays? Just add up the total for everything powered by that relay correct?

I also assume that there's a ton of simplification that can be done on this... and that I definitely need help with. I greatly appreciate any help I receive. Thanks in advance!

Danstachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #1091
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is this for an S13 or S14? I'm assuming S13 if it has a silvia front.

That 70 amp fuse on the starter wire would never work. A starter will draw 100+ amps when cranking an engine. Run a cable from the battery directly to the starter. No fuses. If you're worried about protection, install a large, 100+ amp circuit breaker.

The alternator will need a fuse larger than 40 amps. Stock setups will usually use a 75 or even 100 amp fuse.

I'm not really familiar with S13 alternators, but if they are anything like the S14, every terminal on the alt must be connected to something for the alt to function. It will need a ground (you've included this in your diagram) a power feed (also included in your diagram) a battery voltage reference wire, and a charge warning light circuit wire. You'll need all four wires connected to get the alternator charging.

Print out your vehicle's electrical wiring diagrams. Read and study every single page until you fully understand how each circuit functions. If you're unsure about a fuse or wire gauge size, reference the factory wiring diagrams. You're not really adding any major loads, so the factory fuse and wire sizes will be adequate.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #1092
Danstachet
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Danstachet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks dbeiler.

So ditch the starter fuse and figure out the appropriate fuse size for the alt.

What about the power wires for the ECU, Coils, and Injectors. Fused?

From what I see here, S terminal sees 12v constant along with the B Terminal through a 40 amp (gray) fusible link. Then the L terminal gets 12v from the coil out side of the bulb check relay which is fed from a 10 amp fuse from the ignition switch. Since i will not be running the bulb check relay or factory gauges, i can just run 12v from the ignition switch correct?
Danstachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #1093
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Working on my tuck

Still need to route wires better
Old 06-30-2015, 07:21 PM   #1094
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This place has pretty good prices for those who only want the bare necessities.
http://www.ezwiring.com/store/viewca....php?groupid=0
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #1095
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Complete stand alone wiring setup for a friends VQ35 Swapped S13

Haltech ECU

Still running oem stock for headlights, turn signals, running lights, wipers.
Switched power for ecu, acc, fuel, fans
Aftermarket Tach

This is his car at Grid Life!

I don't think I have any photos of the final product with the wiring and I had run out of my proffered connectors just before finishing it the day before an event, so it didn't end up as clean as I wanted but I'll freshen it up this winter.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #1096
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #1097
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So for you fellas that have tubed and tub'd front ends, how do you run your chassis harness for headlights etc?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #1098
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the only picture I can find at the moment, but I have more somewhere. Did a full custom chassis harness and fuse blocks, relays, etc.
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #1099
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Start of something I'm doing for a customer.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:18 AM   #1100
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
hey what TERMINAL are you guys using for stock ecu pins and engine harness oem plugs? and where to buy them?
Old 09-06-2015, 03:17 PM   #1101
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 09-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #1102
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #1103
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Old 09-09-2015, 06:06 AM   #1104
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
neato, thread!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #1105
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
My setup.....

scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #1106
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
My setup.....

Oh... my... god.

You win. I want this. What the fuck. You're now my wiring nemesis.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #1107
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Seriously. That is clean.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #1108
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
That relay/fuse board is giving me the feels.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #1109
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Oh... my... god.

You win. I want this. What the fuck. You're now my wiring nemesis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Seriously. That is clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
That relay/fuse board is giving me the feels.

Thank you fellas! I have refocused solely on the Nissan. Updates coming soon on my build thread. In the meantime.....

scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #1110
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Whats the name of those switches? i love those things