Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Cops Gone Wild

please be civil. if you post "fuck the police" you're part of the problem, kthx?

video of a cop in my city beating the shit out of some dude is making the rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZHWtcooJI

a couple years ago this classic happened, this is in a municipality between my house and the highway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_yw1iYKpA
(lol he's listening to the tokyo drift soundtrack)

there was this great thread on a cop forum about how that kid shouldn't have been taping and blah blah blah. he went to my high school, said for a week or better after the incident he'd see cops parked outside his house for whatever reason.

anybody have more cops on video they'd like to share? anybody in law enforcement care to voice their opinion?

i know that the police have a tough job. i know that any person you pull over could have a gun and be ready to start shooting (look up the Dinkheller shooting, or better yet, don't, it's pretty horrible). but this kind of shit for not presenting a completely limp, willing attitude, i don't really think is acceptable.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
should have put in the thread that hope people dont go crazy over this and get this thread locked..

anyways, that first video is tough, and his friends or whoever where just chillin to watch it happen. If i was there I would have pulled the cop off him.. they have video proof so i mean if someone pulled the cop off him, they where just defending the victim. But im sure you put a hand on a cop and your in trouble.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
s14slideshow
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
s14slideshow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would never let my friend get attacked like that by a cop. I sure hope that kid did something pretty serious to get that treatment.
s14slideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you wanna try me? YOU WANNA TRY ME TONIGHT? they're both ridiculous. as much as i respect law enforcements, there are the few dirty ones out there. disgusting
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
But im sure you put a hand on a cop and your in trouble.
you'd get tasered, beaten, and have to make bail. and without a video (who knows if the guys outside the car knew it was being taped), you'd be dealing with assault charges, too. maybe somebody at least asking him if it was really necessary would have been nice, but yeah, that cop has a gun. if he wants to go apeshit on your friend, that's just something you're going to have to watch, unfortunately

here's the news article about video 1:

Video shows beating by St. Louis police officer

Quote:
ST. LOUIS • Police said today that officers who use force are required to prepare reports explaining their actions and who was injured or killed.
No report was filed and no arrest made in the New Year's Day incident involving a patrolman videotaped hitting a man with a baton and spraying him with pepper spray, police have said.
The police department said it is investigating why no reports were filled out detailing what happened. Police said internal affairs detectives are trying to interview everyone involved in the 2:30 a.m. encounter at a Shell gas station at 1815 Arsenal Street.
The gas station owner identified the patrolman as Dustin Ries, 37, who he said was off-duty and providing security from a substation on the property. Police said the officer was put on administrative duty Tuesday, though the department has refused to identify him or discuss details of the incident unless the investigation results in charges or disciplinary action.
Ries, who could not be reached Wednesday, received two one-day suspension from separate department rule violations in 2005, a police spokeswoman said. She would not disclose details of the incidents but said they were not the result of citizen complaints.
...cont.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
jdm240sx122
Zilvia Junkie

jdm240sx122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Theyre all just pigs to me anyways...And I dont want to hear shit for saying that because ive been ruffed up by cops before too..
jdm240sx122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The video of a cop beating a guy in diabetic shock came out this week too.

Video: Ohio police use Tazer seven times on driver in diabetic shock, dislocate his shoulder — Autoblog
Lawsuit: Diabetic 'pummeled,' shocked by Hamilton County deputies | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
enot767
Zilvia Member

enot767 is an unknown quantity at this point
i sure as hell would want to do something to help my friend too. and as long as i knew someone was video taping it i would (if my friend was innocent.. haha). otherwise, you touch a officer and your ass is grass.

second video, you can obviously see his turn signals. good way to ruin a douche bags career.. and yes i know a cops life is difficult. so is mine you choose your job, so did i. just because you see the lowest of the low doesnt mean your allowed become immoral. and if you reach that point, you need to retire.
enot767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
hulkster_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
he did use his turn signal.
hulkster_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
BustedS13
Post Whore!

east saint louis officers killed a guy by tazer a while back. i really think the billy club and stern language should make a comeback.

BREAKING NEWS: Officers cleared of wrongdoing in Taser death | taser, death, officers - Top Stories - The Telegraph
Old 01-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I love how most people on Zilvia and most other car forums post only the few "bad" cops, yet never praise the rest of the millions of good cops who are out protecting your guy's ass day in and day out. with little to no thanks from any of you, yet your all quick to say.

"fuck the police."
Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
I love how most people on Zilvia and most other car forums post only the few "bad" cops, yet never praise the rest of the millions of good cops who are out protecting your guy's ass day in and day out. with little to no thanks from any of you, yet your all quick to say.

"fuck the police."
hey, feel free to make a thread jerking off people who do the job they signed up for.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #13
jdm240sx122
Zilvia Junkie

jdm240sx122 is an unknown quantity at this point
^Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jdm240sx122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #14
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Yeah the law enforcement these days is soo corrupt. Theres always that officer that thinks that badge give him the right to do what ever they want.. really that badge just protects them from getting a real ass kicking.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
maybe you people havent seen videos with cops getting shot at when walking up to cars, or getting shot while walking into places.

i guess while your boring ass desk job lets you troll zilvia like a e-thug you can talk all the trash you want towards them, i wish cops knew how most people thought of them, so when there in need they would just say "fuck it, let him fend for himself" but no they go and help everyone.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
hulkster_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i respect cops for the job that they have to do, but sometimes theres that one guy who has a power trip because they have a badge. just about every cop that i have encountered has been cool.
hulkster_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #17
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
maybe you people havent seen videos with cops getting shot at when walking up to cars, or getting shot while walking into places.

i guess while your boring ass desk job lets you troll zilvia like a e-thug you can talk all the trash you want towards them, i wish cops knew how most people thought of them, so when there in need they would just say "fuck it, let him fend for himself" but no they go and help everyone.
are you talking to me specifically? if so, reread the first post in this thread. last paragraph.
if you're not, your anger makes a lot of sense, because just about every other post in here is the usual ignorance.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #18
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i work pretty close with cops here where i work at (won't disclose locations or work). they all think they are greater than a human being, the mentality is more of: i got the gun and badge and u ain't got shit. therefore i can do whatever and most likely get away with it.

not once, i open a newspaper and not read about a cop killing someone wrongfully, or beating someone up, and raping and etc.

its fucking pathetic that i have to be afraid of someone who is suppose to help me or us. thats their job to protect and serve, but they are not close to doing any of those.

there are some cool one however, not all of them are bad. but the majority of them got balls and must be high of their ass thinking they can treat regular people like fucking cattle and shit. fuck those bastards!
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #19
brizanden
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
brizanden is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brizanden
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
Yeah the law enforcement these days is soo corrupt. Theres always that officer that thinks that badge give him the right to do what ever they want.. really that badge just protects them from getting a real ass kicking.
this. there are plunty of good reasons for police to use force. But so many are fucking corrupt so they have a bad night and go out looking to fuck people over for hardly any reason. or to "make a point/ example" out of a young person.

COPS ARE NOT HEROES. They signed up to do a job to protect and serve civilians. some rice rocket in a empty lot or drunk guy in a car mouthing off does not warrent force to that degree. I thank those few officers who do a great job on a day to day and use the force they have been allowed when its actually needed.

The state governments and police force have it so fucked up in the system that they can basically get away with tons of shit they shouldnt be able to. (different debate for a different tim)
brizanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #20
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
People are assholes plain and simple. It doesnt matter if you're a cop or not. Dont tell a cop to shut up and you wont get your ass beat. I think if cops were allowed to beat the shit out of people there would be less crime. If you say fuck the police, than dont dial 911 when you're getting robbed.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #21
brizanden
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
brizanden is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brizanden
^there is a difference between saying fuck corruption and fuck all police. i bet in most cases people are saying fuck corrupt power drunk cops/ people who can have authority over you. abuse of power is a scary thing and honestly you cant just let it go unchecked.

also on the whole "dont tell a cop to shut up". yeah if you talk back or disrespect a cop is fully justified on tearing you a new one, but asking real questions like that kid did in a non threatening tone does not warrent getting chewed out or beat lol. if you think that is acceptable your insane. You are not auto guilty as much as cops would have you believe, but like that cop that was screaming simple put it "talk back again and ill find a reason for you to go to jail" its bs but so true and the cops own admission of it when he knows full well he is on tape is scary very scary. they think they can do what they want. this should not be the case.
brizanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #22
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizanden View Post

COPS ARE NOT HEROES. They signed up to do a job to protect and serve civilians.
Actually, they are there to uphold the city's laws, not necessarily (or directly) protect civilians.

There are assholes in every job, be it behind a desk or a badge. But when you're allowed to use force to subdue someone there are going to be haters.

Regarding the posting of cop-bash-videos as opposed to videos praising them, it's shock value. Of course people will glance over the praising videos because they expect these people to do their jobs.

If people are so angry over an individual cop's actions, they should do whatever they can to get justice. The badge doesn't give power, it gives a title which the community upholds, until they begin abusing it.
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #23
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
I though in the video he started back talking thats why to cop went off, i cant really hear shit. I respect cops, because they deal with fucking assholes all day long. So yea they can go off the handle once in a while. You expect cops to be all perfect when most of you at work are probably surfing zilvia and not doing your job. I dont know, this whole cop beating thing is out of control.

The same asshole that probably kicked your ass in high school is probably a cop now, its not hard at all to become one, plus they are in need of cops. Maybe there should be higher standards when they're hiring assholes.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #24
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
people react in different situations some are power trippers. i try to stay away from those type.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #25
[email protected]
Advertiser

Trader Rating: (87)
Mogli@9KRacing.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mogli@9KRacing.com
My stepdad's a very high ranking la sherriff and you wouldn't believe the stories I've heard of what other leo's are capable of, after the years and adding up information I would say over 80% of people who have power abuse it.

I've had cops try to make me confess to false statements with stupid trick questions, just a heads up to anyone answer either YES / NO or not answer it at all.

(story below was from the past-different mindset and all that good stuff, keep it off the streets)

I was pulled over for exhibition of speed/reckless driving when my girlfriend and I were doing some tandem figure 8s near my buddys old shop. To cut the story short, the officer kept trying to trick my girlfriend into answering questions to help his case if he were ever against me in court.

He would ask Does your boyfriend always drive like that? What kind of speeds were you going while you guys were racing? = Questions that bait you into saying something.

I yelled at her to keep her mouth shut and she did. I won my case - private property FTW.

Police play that I'm your friend game, no officer is your friend while you are being pulled over or investigated.

I have a lot of respect for my family members and their close friends who serve law enforcement so don't get it mixed up.

If there's any advice I can offer car enthusiasts, its to research your rights and always remember the police do have a quota for tickets.
Mogli@9KRacing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #26
TNathe
Zilvia Member

TNathe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Show me a case where a cop has made it on scene to do anything other than write a report up? They dont come to anyones defense, they come to the aftermath.
TNathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #27
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

"fuck the police."
unfortunately when there is power and money involved ( the money we pay to them) one bad cop will make the whole law enforcement look awfully bad, the reason why is such a big deal when one cop goes above the law is because we respect them and hold them to a different standard with that said,

i think cops you should be held on a totally different level when they mess up something like Army standards it is such a BS when you hear about a cop shooting somebody that is innocent then they keep on the DL for a couple of months "investigating" and later down the road some judge rules out the case saying that " it was JUSTIFIED "

just a side note.- Cops changed their names from " Peace Officers " to " LAW ENFORCEMENT " this means they wont take care of you! they here to enforce city laws, actually a cop dont even have to help you if you are in danger unless there is a city ordinance or law being broken
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
Actually, they are there to uphold the city's laws, not necessarily (or directly) protect civilians.
not according to the LAPD

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #29
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
not according to the LAPD

Serve what? Justice (with judiciary help of course). Protect what? Laws...
It sucks to know, especially since all of our adolescent lives we were told to believe so. An officer's decision to defend you is at his own discretion. All the more reason to protect our dwindling 2nd amendment, but that's for another discussion
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I'm sorry, but if that was my friend I would have been taking a beating too. I would not have stood there like that and watch my friend get his shit smashed in. Actually the first swing I woulda told one of my other friends to start video taping, and then the other to call some more police. Then I woulda tried stopping that mother fucker. Even if I would have gotten beaten down too. I just could not have stood there like that.

Cops do have dangerous jobs and I'm sure that can put you over the edge. But there is no excuse for some shit like that.