Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Greddy Oil Catch Can KA *Approved*

This write up is going to be for both the ka and ka-t, i cracked my turbo manifold so i'll post how to install it on both, i've got pics and i'll post those along with the whole write up later tonight
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
punxva
Post Whore!

punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
To install the Greddy Oil Catch Can

For my setup which atm is NA because of a cracked manifold, you run on of the hoses from the catch can to the crankcase breather on the valve cover, which can be put on either side of the catch can itself as shown.

The other side is run back to the IACV hose which i have tee'd off with a T that has 3 sides, on goes to the intake piping, the other to the catch can, and the last one to the tube that runs under the intake manifold and connects to the IACV. As shown...

If your running a KA-T setup then instead of running it to the IACV you run the second tube to a bung that is welded onto most aftermarket intake kits on your turbocharger, although this is not my picture this shows where it is run to...

Thank you PipingPro.com group buy...

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, you new JDM Bling is now installed and ready to be used...

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

Old 02-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You have yours hooked up to the PCV system intake. Shouldn't have anything in it as that's where the air goes into the block. The gases come out the block below the intake manifold, thru the PCV valve and out the T bar into the runners. Only reason you would get blow by is if the PCV failed.

It would be better to install it between the PCV and the T-Bar under the manifold. You can see how nasty the runners get.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
punxva
Post Whore!

hmm, i thought it might work to some effect since it should have some vacuum, which would help pull the blow by from the valve cover. Is there an easy way without taking the manifold off to hook it up?

Old 02-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
No, the air goes into the Valve Cover from there. The vacuum behind the TB is much greater and is what pulls the air through the system.

Easiest way to do this is to buy a new PCV valve.

1) Unbolt and remove Alternator. Seems like a pain but gives you so much room for where you are working.

2) Locate silver box as seen in picture below the thermostat housing. Remove hose that goes between it and the Gold 4-1 T-bar.

3) Replace PCV valve in hose end of silver box. If you have time you can remove the box and soak it in parts cleaner over night as it acts as an oil separator and is loaded with gunk(reinstall with RTV).

4) Run intake line from catch can to the PCV and the exhaust line to the T-Bar.

5) Reinstall Alternator.

You don't have to remove the alternator. But, it will make your life a lot easier. If you chose not to drop the alt. It is easier to jack up the car and work from under the car with the aero tray removed.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
punxva
Post Whore!

ok so basically just ignore step 3 since i just replaced it 10,000 miles ago on my rebuild. ill post pics this weekend when i redo it, and make another write up for the install

Old 03-26-2007, 05:39 AM   #7
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Approved
just fix what needs fixin'