Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #1681
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA240SX808 View Post
I probably do but it's unconsciously so I really can't say.
But for the most part I can feel when I'm getting too much.
Must be very talented to drive while unconscious

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #1682
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Must be very talented to drive while unconscious
This is still funny every time I read it lol
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #1683
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
*subconscious
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #1684
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I recently started drifting my E93 m3
and found my main trouble is when for example I enter in 2nd with a feint(drifting to the left)
and when I finish the long drift I need to slow and transition into a slower left then swoop right.. that slowdown, into the 2nd turn, maintaining drift is hard for me.
I have the power, but my seems to want to keep following the long/fast drift trajectory...

From what I read so far e-brake is preffered for something like this?
what technique could I use to slow and make that second turn better?
e-brake? clutch kick?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #1685
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Was that you in that M3 at the Vegas Drift event?
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #1686
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip2Flow View Post
Was that you in that M3 at the Vegas Drift event?
Yea, I drove both mine and my girls cars.
mine was on stock susp. hers had coils, when i switched to hers it helped a lot.. then i got back in mine and did decent the rest of the day.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #1687
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
Brake towards the end of the long drift then use the eBrake for the switch/transition for the slower turn and clutch kick to gets the traction broken again if your too far down in the power band.

Vids of said turn/runs?
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #1688
mitcheyismyname
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
mitcheyismyname is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This guy^^^^^^^^^
mitcheyismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #1689
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What kind of diff does the M3 have? If its a helical diff, that might be your issue. By design, it applies more torque to the wheel with more load, which is the outside wheel during a drift, and this naturally wants to make the car straighten out.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #1690
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
down hill drifting...

So I am not new to drifting and have had several setups. Most of are 220-300whp with a good neutral feeling and proper ride height, real lsd, and a 4.6 final drive. I am comfortable dry or wet(favor wet, easier on car and saves tires. Plus I live in the seattle area).

I do most of my drifting at PARC, Evergreen, PGP, Pacific Raceways,and on/off ramps.

My latest venture is down hill. Steep not just on ramps, but steep like you need to know what your doing. I am curious to know some of your feelings and preferences.

I know ALOT of it is mental and commitment. But once you initiate(ebrake) do you let gravity take over(lets say its wet) ? Do you use throttle ? foot brake and ebrake ? Or is it just seat time and being familiar where your driving ?

I am aware there is no single answer.I just want to hear some of your thoughts.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #1691
rwpowell015
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
rwpowell015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As far as entrances go, why do most drifters over here stick with handbrake entries? I understand if you're going for high speed entries in competition but I'm used to seeing drifters in Australia use Scandinavian flicks and mostly use the handbrake for correcting lines or extending your drift more angle, not so much as a means of entry/initiation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
rwpowell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:28 PM   #1692
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Because it's easy and predictable. Not very stylish though.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #1693
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpowell015 View Post
As far as entrances go, why do most drifters over here stick with handbrake entries? I understand if you're going for high speed entries in competition but I'm used to seeing drifters in Australia use Scandinavian flicks and mostly use the handbrake for correcting lines or extending your drift more angle, not so much as a means of entry/initiation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Everybody in the US that does the "scandanavian flick" attempt to initiate ends up making it look like a manji. It slows them down a lot, it's not always a constant entry and it looks bad especially when someone is trying to chase them.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #1694
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I never do handbrake entries. I only use it for slowing down and sometimes I need it to link certain corners.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #1695
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Because it's easy and predictable. Not very stylish though.
This. Its much easier to do consistent entries.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #1696
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
down hill drifting...

I know ALOT of it is mental and commitment. But once you initiate(ebrake) do you let gravity take over(lets say its wet) ? Do you use throttle ? foot brake and ebrake ? Or is it just seat time and being familiar where your driving ?

I am aware there is no single answer.I just want to hear some of your thoughts.
Have you done the downhill hairpins at Pacific? Iirc I initiated in a similar fashion as most corners but waited a little longer to lay into the power. You still need to use the throttle to push yourself though the end of the corner.

Gravity will keep you sliding initially but you still need to follow through. Also, yes, mental as well. I found myself straying wide most of the time I messed up. Just look through the corner like riding a motorcycle and you should be fine.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #1697
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Have you done the downhill hairpins at Pacific? Iirc I initiated in a similar fashion as most corners but waited a little longer to lay into the power. You still need to use the throttle to push yourself though the end of the corner.

Gravity will keep you sliding initially but you still need to follow through. Also, yes, mental as well. I found myself straying wide most of the time I messed up. Just look through the corner like riding a motorcycle and you should be fine.
Yea there's an s turn like that on one of the the east coast tracks (summit point, wv) where the second half of the s dips down fairly steep. During the event it took me a while to realize I didnt have to throttle into it to keep the slide going. I was keeping on throttle when I hit the dip and ended up spinning out, repeatedly.

Since I was in the middle of a transistion, the inertia and eventual pull of the downhill gravity gave me enough speed to slide through it without mashing the accelerator. But yea after you need to get on it to stay sideways.

stock ka btw
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:38 AM   #1698
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

Yeah I've done the hairpins at pacific. They are not all that hard or steep. At least for non pro entries. I don't really struggle there. I do grab ebrake, wait a few seconds longer than normal than throttle on as normal. It an odd feeling having the car 4 wheel slide then hook and go like normal. A lot of down hill feels like you initiate, steer, the whole car slides a bit, then power on to finish it out.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote