Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
socals13guy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
socals13guy is making a name for him/her selfsocals13guy is making a name for him/her selfsocals13guy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
ALN JDM Auto Motor - Irving, TX (BEWARE!)

Everyone BEWARE of ALN JDM Auto Motor.

I bought two 2JZGTE Auto transmissions from them on or around 9/28 . Alex told me they are in great working condition with 45-65K miles on them. When I received both transmissions, dropped both pans, and found a grip of metal shavings.

I called to complain about it, and he says

1.) "its normal to have metal shavings in trannys"
^Alex doesn't know shit.

2.) "I've been doing this for years now, I sell Supra 6 speeds, and things more expensive than your two trannys, why would I sell you messed up parts? Why would I rip you off?"
^this doesn't justify shit.

3.) "Other customers buy my stuff, and they don't complain."
^this also doesn't justify shit.

4.) "Install it and then see that it will work fine, I can't refund you without at least installing it"
^ So I get the tranny with less metal shavings installed thinking it will have a better chance, and it lasted only 20 minutes! Got stuck on the freeway, and had to wait 1.5 hrs to get towed. He wouldn't give me a refund from just looking at all the metal in the pan.

I found these trannys on eBay, but I ended up calling him bc the number was listed, and I told him I was going to bid on the (1) tranny he had listed. He told me not to do that, but I wish I did, so I could have left a feedback. F&CK ME.

Also he said he will refund $160 of $592 if I return them both.. WTF? HOW DOES HIS MATH WORK?? He told me shipping was $190 for both trannies to me, but if I send it back, he won't refund me shipping for both ways?? Its supposed to be 1 way, since the price I paid including shipping to me. But if I'm paying to ship it back to him out of my own pocket, I should receive $402 of the $592 I sent him. He also said if I don't return by this week, he can't refund me! But I told him I can't, I work full time, and go to school. I need to find time to get the tranny taken out, packaged up and shipped. Then he pretty much said, Oh well, then you can't get your refund of anything. THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT and unreasonable! Even after I sent him pics of all the shaving in the oil pan.

Here are some pictures.

Last edited by socals13guy; 10-23-2012 at 08:26 PM..
socals13guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Davidna2fi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
Davidna2fi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Never had an issue with any Nissan Parts I bought from that company. Come on man, you know Toyota owners no matter where they are from neglect all automatic transmissions... which is why you need one as well. Can't blame it on him at all, I'd rather buy something that is unopened and sealed from the factory than buy something that was opened and then told it'll work. He'll work with you, just don't treat him like a crook, why did you not go with someone in Cali, the importation mecca for JDM parts like you want?
Davidna2fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
socals13guy
Zilvia Addict

socals13guy is making a name for him/her selfsocals13guy is making a name for him/her selfsocals13guy is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidna2fi View Post
Never had an issue with any Nissan Parts I bought from that company. Come on man, you know Toyota owners no matter where they are from neglect all automatic transmissions... which is why you need one as well. Can't blame it on him at all, I'd rather buy something that is unopened and sealed from the factory than buy something that was opened and then told it'll work. He'll work with you, just don't treat him like a crook, why did you not go with someone in Cali, the importation mecca for JDM parts like you want?
^ nice comment, what is this world coming too..

Ignorant and so stupid. Please don't post anymore.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidna2fi View Post
I think you're failing to look at it from his perspective... I'm pretty sure he bought this being listed as "working" condition otherwise he probably wouldn't have purchased it.. How would you feel if that was your situation.. You wouldn't be ok with rationing the "neglect for all auto transmissions yo".

Second point being is that this is not the type of person you do business with... IF you end up buying a faulty product (which happens all the time) , most likely listed as working, would you want not only to be neglected but treated like a dolt? Where are your ethics as a person running a legit business? Treating a customer this way nulls any legitimacy in the way you conduct business IMO. Karma. Fin

Put yourself in another person's shoes my friend.

To the OP im sorry to hear.. I'll keep my eyes out. I'm always making purchases on ebay.
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
socals13guy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFIVEBETA View Post
I think you're failing to look at it from his perspective... I'm pretty sure he bought this being listed as "working" condition otherwise he probably wouldn't have purchased it.. How would you feel if that was your situation.. You wouldn't be ok with rationing the "neglect for all auto transmissions yo".

Second point being is that this is not the type of person you do business with... IF you end up buying a faulty product (which happens all the time) , most likely listed as working, would you want not only to be neglected but treated like a dolt? Where are your ethics as a person running a legit business? Treating a customer this way nulls any legitimacy in the way you conduct business IMO. Karma. Fin

Put yourself in another person's shoes my friend.

To the OP im sorry to hear.. I'll keep my eyes out. I'm always making purchases on ebay.
I couldn't believe David's stupid comment, I didn't even want to bother posting anything more than, but you got everything on point with what you said above! Thanks for understanding how it is.

Yes, definitely watch out on eBay, I learned my lesson.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
socals13guy
Zilvia Addict

UPDATE: Even MORE reason why this guy is shady

I spoke to Paypal over this dispute, and apparently, once I install a part, it voids my Buyer Protection.
Point #3 above, he told me to install it first to confirm that its defective, then he will give me a refund.

He knew of this, and set me up, and now I can't get a refund!

HOW SHADY IS THAT??

(Yes, I know its my fault for not knowing Paypals policy thoroughly, but for him to set me up like that, so I can't do anything about it with Paypal is so deceitful!)
Old 01-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #7
Import_Prophetz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Import_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I recently bought an engine from them and the cylinder walls was rusted. 40% leak down on 2 out of 4 cylinders. Do not order from this company!
Import_Prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:28 PM   #8
socals13guy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import_Prophetz View Post
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I recently bought an engine from them and the cylinder walls was rusted. 40% leak down on 2 out of 4 cylinders. Do not order from this company!
Damn, sorry to hear about that!

Jw, did you see this post before AND after you had your problem with that company? Or did you just run a search on that company after you bought the engine?